Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Star Citizen Thread

UltraMega

Hoping to suck a few of you guys into Star Citizen purely because I think it's a great PC experience for hardware enthusiasts to try out. Figured I'd make a thread with some basic starter info.

This is a good beginners guide video:

Once you're in the game, you should try to do a few missions just to see what it's like but expect missions to be clunky and glitch out before you can finish them a lot of the time. Just use this as a way to get familiar with the game and explore, since even a glitchy mission can take you somewhere interesting. 

You should try to buy a backpack if you can find a store selling armor before you go out into space so you can loot stuff. The inventory system in this game is pretty weird at first. It's worth watching a separate video on it. 

Once you have the basics figured out, you can go to SC Trade Tools (sc-trade.tools) and look up routes to run cargo and basically play the game like a space truck simulator. So far this has been the most reliable way to make in game money that I've found. 

It's a lot of fun to interact with random players. The community for the game is pretty helpful and they like to show new players around. If someone needs a ride and you offer to help, it will probably lead to a cool adventure. Or vice versa, if you get stuck on a planet and ask for a ride someone will help you. 

Try not to get a crime rating (called crimestat in game) because if you do you won't be able to go to a lot of places until you clear it. If you do get a crime rating, if you ask for help clearing it, someone will help guide you on a mission to break into a space station and hack a computer terminal to clear it. 

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

Social Media Manager
1.4k 804

Just need to figure how yo play Elite Dangerous then i will probably join you and buy star citizen if don't get burn by the complexity of those game haha.

😀

• Thanks 1

Owned

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info

11 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

Just need to figure how yo play Elite Dangerous then i will probably join you and buy star citizen if don't get burn by the complexity of those game haha.

😀

Having played them both, I wouldn't even waste time with ED. It's a more complete game, but vastly less enjoyable overall and way less intuitive. 

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Game can be amazing, but the developers don’t deserve a dime after the way they’ve dragged and milked the community. Chris Roberts is the biggest scam artist of the developer world we’ve seen in the past 20 years.

With that being said.. I wish I could throw away my anger about my money being wasted during the kickstarter phase, because at least there is something somewhat playable now, but alas..

Edited by acoustic
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, acoustic said:

Game can be amazing, but the developers don’t deserve a dime after the way they’ve dragged and milked the community. Chris Roberts is the biggest scam artist of the developer world we’ve seen in the past 20 years.

With that being said.. I wish I could throw away my anger about my money being wasted during the kickstarter phase, because at least there is something somewhat playable now, but alas..

When did you start playing?

I only spent $45 on the game and I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth. I don't think it's a scam, I think the scope of the project changed so drastically from it's conception to now that it's hard to gauge what kind of progress we should expect. From what I can tell, meaningful progress is being made and what's already there, though incomplete, is a massively impressive and detailed. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Social Media Manager
1.4k 804
4 hours ago, UltraMega said:

Having played them both, I wouldn't even waste time with ED. It's a more complete game, but vastly less enjoyable overall and way less intuitive. 

Yea it pretty bad as a game bit i want to see if i don't get bored doing mission.

Am not the same gamer i was 10y ago i get bored easily ☹️

• Respect 1

Owned

MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info

I recorded some gameplay. Pretty laggy in the beginning because the planet has a thick atmosphere and it's pretty GPU intensive with the volumetrics at max, but it looks really cool. 

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Social Media Manager
1.4k 804
1 hour ago, UltraMega said:

I recorded some gameplay. Pretty laggy in the beginning because the planet has a thick atmosphere and it's pretty GPU intensive with the volumetrics at max, but it looks really cool. 

This is waysss more cool than star citizen hahaha.

Am really busy with the school and job will see if i get it 😄

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned