Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Donation section - comments.

Dear Gents,

it seems that it was not discussed yet, so here is my experience with the "Donation" section or "Store" section if you want.

First of all when you open the store section you completely miss the "Store" at it self - you focus on the "Popular With Other Customers" section and think these are the options... At least this was my experience.. After some clicking i finally came to the store.. 

Suggestion Nr. 1:  - if you click store, then port me directly there with all the options and bellow that shot the "Popular With Other Customers" options....

Next regarding the options in the store - i get the amounts listed there - the steps make sense and i rly appreciate the possibility to pay in different currencies... And was also amazed about the possibility of a custom donation. And here it comes there is no - its a filter.. 😏

Suggestion N. 2: - make 1 more button for custom payments as well for monthly based donations.... I get that it makes no sense to get a donation of 1 USD - for this reason make it a min. of 10 USD for example but give ppl the possibility to donate how much they want also on a monthly base. Opens your possibilities as well and i thing it will not cost you anything... And the option is there for a One-Off- Donation.. 

And the final experience was the payment with a credit card. In the first once you get in the basket any option you get to check out and put there your card credentials and press pay. The following screen where it confirm the payment takes so long that I told my self ok its broken and closed the window. Went back to the shop did the same – checkout and was thinking of changing the amount I want to donate… Kept the side open and opened the shop in a new Tab.. Took some time and went back to the original tab and checked out.. Same thing happened, looong loading time and finally the confirmation screen were loaded. Anyway went to the orders and found myself with 4 order (as my journey of misfortune was longer then described) where I cancelled now 2 of them and 2 are waiting for payment validation.

Suggestion Nr.3 – not sure if you can do anything about it but make it faster the confirmation after the payment

Suggestion Nr.4 – not sure but can you somehow prolong the basket validity? Not sure if there is any “automated clearance” of it or not. If so please prolong it..

Please dont take this in a bad way.. I rly do appreciate what your doing here - just thought it could be helpful for you to know about it.

If you have any questions or i wrote something not clear (as im a chaotic person and i know about it) just let me know :redface:

Have a nice day 😉

MM

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 2

NoBodyKnow

Owned

CPU: Intel i9-10900K @ 4.9 Ghz
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MEG Z490 Godlike
RAM: 32 GB - G Skill Trident GTRS (15-15-15-30 @2050 T2)
SSD/NVME: GIGABYTE GP-AG41TB 1TB
CASE: CaseLabs SM8
GPU: Radeon RX 6900 XT - XFX Merc 319
CPU COOLER: Thermalright Frost Comander 140
Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, Memmento Mori said:

Dear Gents,

it seems that it was not discussed yet, so here is my experience with the "Donation" section or "Store" section if you want.

First of all when you open the store section you completely miss the "Store" at it self - you focus on the "Popular With Other Customers" section and think these are the options... At least this was my experience.. After some clicking i finally came to the store.. 

Suggestion Nr. 1:  - if you click store, then port me directly there with all the options and bellow that shot the "Popular With Other Customers" options....

Next regarding the options in the store - i get the amounts listed there - the steps make sense and i rly appreciate the possibility to pay in different currencies... And was also amazed about the possibility of a custom donation. And here it comes there is no - its a filter.. 😏

Suggestion N. 2: - make 1 more button for custom payments as well for monthly based donations.... I get that it makes no sense to get a donation of 1 USD - for this reason make it a min. of 10 USD for example but give ppl the possibility to donate how much they want also on a monthly base. Opens your possibilities as well and i thing it will not cost you anything... And the option is there for a One-Off- Donation.. 

And the final experience was the payment with a credit card. In the first once you get in the basket any option you get to check out and put there your card credentials and press pay. The following screen where it confirm the payment takes so long that I told my self ok its broken and closed the window. Went back to the shop did the same – checkout and was thinking of changing the amount I want to donate… Kept the side open and opened the shop in a new Tab.. Took some time and went back to the original tab and checked out.. Same thing happened, looong loading time and finally the confirmation screen were loaded. Anyway went to the orders and found myself with 4 order (as my journey of misfortune was longer then described) where I cancelled now 2 of them and 2 are waiting for payment validation.

Suggestion Nr.3 – not sure if you can do anything about it but make it faster the confirmation after the payment

Suggestion Nr.4 – not sure but can you somehow prolong the basket validity? Not sure if there is any “automated clearance” of it or not. If so please prolong it..

Please dont take this in a bad way.. I rly do appreciate what your doing here - just thought it could be helpful for you to know about it.

If you have any questions or i wrote something not clear (as im a chaotic person and i know about it) just let me know :redface:

Have a nice day 😉

MM

Thank you for your suggestions! 

#1 - I think you are trying to say that the landing page for the store does not currently make it easy to see all available options. They are there as you can see in the picture below, but I can understand maybe making those clearer on the landing page instead of purely by links to the subsequent pages. @ENTERPRISE

image.thumb.png.fae02bac138e74b63245bc68a6aca533.png

#2 - I believe that the "One Off Donations" is there for values less than $10 monthly. I do not know the threshold for it to be viable for say a $5 monthly recurring donation. 

As for #3 & #4, I am sure I can't answer these, but maybe Enterprise can.

Thanks for taking the time to make us aware of this!

Edited by Avacado
  • Respect 1

57 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Thank you for your suggestions! 

#1 - I think you are trying to say that the landing page for the store does not currently make it easy to see all available options. They are there as you can see in the picture below, but I can understand maybe making those clearer on the landing page instead of purely by links to the subsequent pages. @ENTERPRISE

image.thumb.png.fae02bac138e74b63245bc68a6aca533.png

#2 - I believe that the "One Off Donations" is there for values less than $10 monthly. I do not know the threshold for it to be viable for say a $5 monthly recurring donation. 

As for #3 & #4, I am sure I can't answer these, but maybe Enterprise can.

Thanks for taking the time to make us aware of this!

Thanks for the reply 🙂 

So here some clarification:

#1 -  If you click the TAB  "Store" or subTAB "Recurring Donations" - you always land in the Store page ( Home/Store)

And here you see again a TAB Store and the section "Popular With Other Customers". My advice would be, to land directly in the EHW Donations (Recurring Donation) page - (Home/Store/EHW Donations (Recurring Donation)). Basically get rid of one extra step...In my view its confusing and not necessary..

#2 - NO - meant something different.  - in the "EHW Donations (Recurring Donation" you have just the options 10USD, 25USD, 50USD, 100USD. My recommendation would be to add a custom option where you can decide to donate monthly  a random amount of your  liking..... for example 15 USD, 69 USD, 66 USD . You can have a limiter there - defined minimum of for example 10 USD so nobody can misuse it for lower donations..  - im just missing this option....

#3&4 - if they are unclear just let me know... 

Sorry for my unclear way of describing the things 🙂 

Edited by Memmento Mori
  • Respect 1

NoBodyKnow

Owned

Full Rig Info

7 hours ago, Memmento Mori said:

Dear Gents,

Have a nice day 😉

MM

Hello MM, 

Thanks for the suggestion, to make it easier I will reply to your points 🙂

1. Good point, I did not realize that it would take you back to the store landing page. This has now been amended to take you directly to the selection page.

2. The store is set by "Products", products have to have a static price, so you are unable to have an option whereby a user selects the amount they would like to donate. This is why the "One Off Donation" section exists.  The possible workaround would be to add some lower value donation options in the recurring section. That is an easy fix.

I will re-test the payment system to see if I can replicate the oddness you describe. If I find anything I will send a report to the devs of the overall platform as this is not somethings I would be able to change or improve internally.

3 & 4, there is seldom I can do about these points as these are not configurable in anyway as they are hardcoded into the platform software. It may be over time as the software platform is upgraded that these items may improve, for now these are out of my control.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions' bud, it really helps 🙂

All the best,

E

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Hello E.,

thank you for taking my thoughts in to consideration 🙂  

And yes thought so that the point 3 & 4 would be points which are hard to change... Anyway hope for the best and keep up the good work 🙂 

BR,

MM...

• Respect 1

NoBodyKnow

Owned

Full Rig Info