Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Lenovo Ideapad 110-15ACL cannot enter the BIOS setup, it always reboots. Advice?

Go to solution Solved by HeyItsChris,

No commands actually work because my BIOS flashback rollback option is disabled and I cannot enter the BIOS so I need to perform a BIOS recovery via USB.  However its turning out to be highly difficult.  I tried different methods and it still doesn't work.

If anyone can find out how to perform a USB BIOS Recovery then I'm very interested.  

BIOS recovery doesn't work with my 16gb flash drive, it might work with a 1-4gb flash drive though.

So I pull the battery for about 6 hours and I don't think the BIOS reset because it didn't mention it got reset and the time remained the same.  Odd.

So now I think I need to blind restore factory defaults in the bios because if i press f2 after the logo, it goes possibly into the bios but its a black screen.

@ivebeenmemed so can u get into the bios or no?  i need to know which button is reset to defaults and which is save settings.  Thanks

If you are 100% sure u have the exact same laptop as me and use the exact same BIOS.  Just in case I recommend going to lenovos site entering your specific serial number and downloading your bios file initiate the bios flash and without closing the sct flash tool navigate to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Temp\ExtactTemp and copy it to a safe location which should contain all the pertinent files including the BIOS.cap, it should be.  Then download the wincrisis file i hope it works for u as it didn't really work for me even after setting compatibility windows xp sp3 mode.  It worked but didn't work for idk.  However after preparing ur usb flash drive and wincrisis and renaming BIOS.cap to BIOS.wph and throw it on the flash drive and shut down the pc and make sure battery works and is charged and has power connected to the wall adapter power then hold FN + R and hit the power button.  If all goes well it should flash it up bro but mine just flashed orange led on the charging led and nothing happened for me.

Use Crisis Recover Disk with Pen Drive.rar

Edited by HeyItsChris

Finally i reset the bios, it took removing the battery then using a jumper or screw driver to bridge the pins together and also i used a small diameter twisty tie to slide under the pins of the bios chip on the motherboard but it didn't do anything because I still can't get into the bios and i knew it reset because the time in windows was way off.

So heres what I typed in command

C:\>winflash32 /sd /ipf all /file C:\BIOS.cap

the command works as we can see but because by default u can't rollback the bios as its disabled by default in the bios so recovery method is the only way and no one knows exactly how to do it on this laptop, the Lenovo Ideapad 110-15ACL 80TJ without the AMD Radeon R5 M430 graphics chip.

Winflash32commandlineerror.jpg.97f475a4d3db436259938429f541e251.jpg

• 1 month later...

I fixed it so easily, just used a different usb flash drive a 32gb sandisk cruzer glide and formatted to fat32 and threw 2 files on there as i couldn't confirm yet which one it looked for but it worked!  Turned off the laptop had a full battery and power plugged in & held fn + r and power and it booted right to begin the ultra fast flashing process took only 30 seconds or less and now its all back to normal.

bios.cap & 1QCrisis.bin

Edited by HeyItsChris

On 19/04/2023 at 05:25, HeyItsChris said:

I fixed it so easily, just used a different usb flash drive a 32gb sandisk cruzer glide and formatted to fat32 and threw 2 files on there as i couldn't confirm yet which one it looked for but it worked!  Turned off the laptop had a full battery and power plugged in & held fn + r and power and it booted right to begin the ultra fast flashing process took only 30 seconds or less and now its all back to normal.

bios.cap & 1QCrisis.bin

Glad you have sorted it. 

It is not unheard of that some USB sticks are unliked by some devices and simply swapping for another will resolve it. I have had this on USB flashback before. Why they are unliked, I do not know as the size was the same as was the filesystem, so it must come down to the hardware/firmware on the USB.

• Respect 1

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

On 19.04.2023 at 09:25, HeyItsChris said:

Я исправил это так легко, просто использовал другую флешку, Sandisk Cruzer Glide на 32 Гб, отформатировал в fat32 и закинул туда 2 файла, так как я еще не мог подтвердить, какой из них он искал, но это сработало! Выключенный ноутбук имел полностью заряженную батарею и питание, удерживая fn + r и питание, и он загрузился сразу, чтобы начать сверхбыстрый процесс перепрошивки, который занял всего 30 секунд или меньше, и теперь все вернулось в норму.

bios.cap и 1QCrisis.bin

Hello. I have Lenovo 110-17acl can't get into BIOS, constant reboot.
  • Respect 1

3 hours ago, Ivan said:
Hello. I have Lenovo 110-17acl can't get into BIOS, constant reboot.

Format fat32 any usb flash drive, I couldn't get some of sandisk drives to work but my 32gb sandisk cruzer glide worked.  To simply test if your flash drive will work just insert the fat32 drive in the USB 2.0 black port preferred and turn off machine with full battery plugged in.  Hold FN + R and boot and keep let go.  If the RIGHT led blinks WHITE it WILL NOT WORK, use another flash drive.  If it blinks ORANGE, it WILL WORK.  Download the latest BIOS for your laptop from Lenovo's website and open it and proceed to flash in windows and it ERROR out.  Do not close the window & navigate to C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\ I can't remember the folder name since I don't have my PC right now but search for BIOS.cap.  Copy the BIOS.cap file to another known safe folder as backup.  Now simply copy the file to the fat32 flash drive that blinked ORANGE as explained earlier.  What I did was made a 2nd copy of the BIOS file and named it 1QCrisis.bin because I found that filename by searching with HxD the BIOS.cap text for the word "crisis", I suggest you all do the same for your specific laptop but it's likely exactly the same.  This procedure should apply to ALL Lenovo laptops by the way. 

Now finally turn off the machine & plug it in with full 100% battery or as high as it'll charge & hold FN + R, then press the power button.  Hold FN + R until you see ORANGE led blinking and it shall proceed to flash the BIOS & finally fix this dreaded issue!

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

19 hours ago, HeyItsChris said:

Format fat32 any usb flash drive, I couldn't get some of sandisk drives to work but my 32gb sandisk cruzer glide worked.  To simply test if your flash drive will work just insert the fat32 drive in the USB 2.0 black port preferred and turn off machine with full battery plugged in.  Hold FN + R and boot and keep let go.  If the RIGHT led blinks WHITE it WILL NOT WORK, use another flash drive.  If it blinks ORANGE, it WILL WORK.  Download the latest BIOS for your laptop from Lenovo's website and open it and proceed to flash in windows and it ERROR out.  Do not close the window & navigate to C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\ I can't remember the folder name since I don't have my PC right now but search for BIOS.cap.  Copy the BIOS.cap file to another known safe folder as backup.  Now simply copy the file to the fat32 flash drive that blinked ORANGE as explained earlier.  What I did was made a 2nd copy of the BIOS file and named it 1QCrisis.bin because I found that filename by searching with HxD the BIOS.cap text for the word "crisis", I suggest you all do the same for your specific laptop but it's likely exactly the same.  This procedure should apply to ALL Lenovo laptops by the way. 

Now finally turn off the machine & plug it in with full 100% battery or as high as it'll charge & hold FN + R, then press the power button.  Hold FN + R until you see ORANGE led blinking and it shall proceed to flash the BIOS & finally fix this dreaded issue!

Good Luck!

tried this, it just got stuck on the flashing orange led

• Respect 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris, I'm having the same problem on mi Lenovo 15acl laptop, I followed the steps you said about the bios.cap on a sandisk drive, and the LED blinks on orange, is there anything that I need to see on screen?, or I just need to wait for it to stop blinking?, Also if you have the files of the bios.cap, pls share them to me

• Thanks 1

It should be so simple as to just put nothing but the BIOS.cap on any FAT32 usb drive (could be an sd card card with adapter) and turn off laptop unplug power, plug power back in, then hold FN + R then while continuing to hold FN + R press the power button 1 time (don't hold the power button).  Then it'll start blinking (I forgot what color when its working) & it will show the recovery procedure on screen.  So that's it, if it doesn't work keep trying different flash drives until it works.

LENOVO 110-15ACL BIOS.cap.zip

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Thanks for the files Chris, but I have another problem, after pressing FN+R and the power button, my screen doesn't show anything, the LED blinks on orange color but no video on screen about recovery procedure. Is there anything i need to do, or is it some kind of error on my laptop that make it to not show video on the recovery procedure, what do you think?

Hi Chris, it's me again, I used the files you shared me and I pressed FN+R and then the power button, but there seems to be a problem, my laptop doesn't give any video of the process about the recovery procedure, also my usb LED indicator is blinking and one of the LEDs of the laptop (The right one) is also blinking in orange( I think that's when the USB is working, because up in the topic you wrote about it ), do you know any way to display the screen on another monitor? Because my laptop can't display video of the recovery procedure. ( I uploaded the photos of the led indicators both the USB and the laptop )

16977762175547153685228473191056.jpg

16977762416425035805403461431822.jpg

• Respect 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Congratulations on fixing it buddy!  you're welcome.

So, to sum it up this is the procedure?

1) format known working usb flash drive to fat32

2) download BIOS.cap & rename it 1QCrisis.bin and place it in the root of the fat32 flash drive

3) plug in to black usb 2.0 port

4) unplug laptop from power after laptop is off & plug it back in (may not be necessary) just make sure ur battery is 100% & ur plugged in

5) hold fn + r while pressing power button once not holding the power button but holding the fn + r buttons until recovery appears then let go

6) recovery should appear on screen & finish (don't touch the laptop)

7) complete

ps - the way i found out the filename was randomly hex searching the bios.cap with HxD & I typed in a bunch of different words & tested them all & finally tested 1QCrisis.bin & it worked.

Edited by HeyItsChris
  • Respect 1
  • Agreed 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2023 at 3:23 AM, HeyItsChris said:

Congratulations on fixing it buddy!  you're welcome.

So, to sum it up this is the procedure?

1) format known working usb flash drive to fat32

2) download BIOS.cap & rename it 1QCrisis.bin and place it in the root of the fat32 flash drive

3) plug in to black usb 2.0 port

4) unplug laptop from power after laptop is off & plug it back in (may not be necessary) just make sure ur battery is 100% & ur plugged in

5) hold fn + r while pressing power button once not holding the power button but holding the fn + r buttons until recovery appears then let go

6) recovery should appear on screen & finish (don't touch the laptop)

7) complete

ps - the way i found out the filename was randomly hex searching the bios.cap with HxD & I typed in a bunch of different words & tested them all & finally tested 1QCrisis.bin & it worked.

Thank you! It works again with this method!

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1