Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

[Official] Starfield Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, The Pook said:

the only thing I remember of Morrowind is the intro and getting lost in Vivec 🙃

I planned to revisit it this year while I waited for Starfield but I installed mods en masse and broke everything. Tried out New Vegas instead and just gonna wait for Skywind and/or the remaster now 

Honestly Morrowind is kinda jarring to go back to these days. That old D&D hit/miss combat system which in early levels just looks like me swinging at air a lot. 🤣

• Thanks 1

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, The Pook said:

I was more interested in the things they are/were planning than the actual dates. 

the document is what Bethesda provided MS when they first entered talks of buying them, so anywhere from early 2019 to early 2021. 

MS supposedly is the reason for Starfield getting pushed back (twice) so it makes sense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

seems to be halfway between a remake and a remaster. a verified (ex?)employee leaked it a few months ago and said the game is going to be partially ported to UE5 but still rely on CE (CE2?) for the physics. 

No word on gameplay changes or bug fixes though. But Oblivion is a notoriously 100% balanced and a totally bug free game though, so it's not really needed teehee

image.thumb.png.98032e6fa7620198b2a91f47ab16e7a4.png

100% understand and agree that the leaked content is interesting.

If the timelines were more recent (2022 and onward) and identified titles that were scheduled to be released in the next 1 to 1.5 years, I would be more hyped but I’m a bit skeptical we’ll see all these games. 

Oblivion and Fallout 3 in particular would be a highlight for me but seems ambitious to remake / remaster both.

Irrespective of what is true… this leak from the FTC trial is pretty crazy. Especially if it’s true that it was Microsoft’s fault (accidental).

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, iamjanco said:

Interesting read even if it did start with an article found on Wccf: If Gamepass does not go big by 2027, Microsoft may pull out of gaming!

Perspective? Perhaps.

starfield-meme.jpg.12ca6686a5add80f2928fb730fd4c00d.jpg

Lots of interesting leaks from Microsoft right now. Definitely doesn't paint a good picture, but a lot of this info is old. Hopefully they are satisfied with the Zemimax and Activision acquisitions and are able to turn those into a good array of working first party studios. I have no doubt that if Microsoft can deliver 5 or more AAA first party games that are on the same level as something like Starfield or HellBlade 2 (assuming it's as good as it looks) it will greatly boost their game pass subscriptions. They've have really had a hard time getting this off the ground with failed titles like Halo Infinite. High on Life looked good at first but then the creator got caught up in a sex scandal. Atomic Heart seemed cool until Russia invaded Ukraine, which tainted the perception of the game being Russian made and having some political themes. Stalker 2 being delayed for similar reasons, Ukranian devs. Between a pandemic, sex scandals, and international war, Microsoft just can't catch a break with game pass. The lesson they should be taking away from all this is they need to just buckle down and do the work. Make great first party games, don't push them out unfinished, and the audience will follow. 

I think it's also safe to say that when COD hits game pass, it will make add a lot of subs. They're on a path to success, but they really can't afford too many more mess ups. 

Important context at the end of the article: "Now, there is reason to believe Spencer may have exaggerated a bit. Microsoft stressed throughout the whole FTC investigation and later in federal court that the acquisition of Activision Blizzard was critical to its plan to grow in mobile and cloud markets. Otherwise, it might as well exit the gaming business."

Seems like it was probably political/legal posturing to make their case with the FTC more than anything else. No way MS would ditch game pass in 5 years after the Activision Aquisition. Maybe after ten years they would ditch it, but between Zenimax and Activision they are ~100 billion deep in recent investments. No way they give up in 5 years after investing this much. I think MS knows gaming is going to be an ever-growing business that they simply need to be a part of to be the kind of major player in tech they want to be.

It also wouldn't make sense to shut down game pass. If game pass doesn't work out the way they hope, it would make sense for them to scale back their plans on game pass and just let it continue on as a subscription service with whatever games it will have on it with less investment and first party focus from Microsoft. To just drop it entirely would be nuts especially since they can use their cloud servers that they would have either way to stream games. 

If Microsoft just hits the milestone suggested in the graph presented in the article, the one Phil says is not enough to stay in the gaming business, that would be about 50B in revenue between now and 2027. $11 a month is $132 a year, times 5 years is $660. Times 75 million subscribers, that's 49.5 billion just from subscribers. If they only hit these low projection numbers, in 2030 they will hit 92.4 billion in revenue. They'll still be in the red on their investments, but they wouldn't kill off a business model that's generating billions in revenue year after year. 

If COD hits game pass and doubles their subs, they will be in very good shape. if it even just had a 20% impact of subs, they would be in pretty good shape. 

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

30 Hours in now. Lvl 15. Started to play the main quest where I can, as recommended by others to unlock some features, and I believe I am near the end of the third mission The Empty Nest with Sam Coe on Akila (Freestar Rangers).

Maybe it opens up a bit more later but yikes is it cliché. Anyone have this issue of being completely uninterested in the main quest? Is there a point where the main quest line opens up with some decent choices?

For context, I’ve explored about 4 systems in between the 2nd and 3rd quest. Which has resulted in me scanning to 100% about 15 planets and moons, found some really interesting loot including a jet boost pack that launches me so high that it will cripple my legs on any planet with gravity of 0.8 or higher, an old world shotgun (870 Combat style, 94 damage, holds 6 shells) completed about 6-7 side quests, rounded up some bounties, helped others avoided bounties, got into some large skirmishes in space (10+ ships), and raided a variety of abandoned bases, UC relay / comm centres.

I’m still surprised by how much unique content I’ve run across on random planets and moons as well as fun with the randomly generated content / bases. 

Jumping back into the main quest felt dumbed down in comparison. Minor spoilers but I was able to defuse the bank heist by simply telling the robbers that they should just drop their effort because they don’t have any other option, and succeeding with 1 point into Persuasion was a bit odd.

Next step, get the map for Sam. Open the locker in the bank, oh the Dad left a note and he has it. Sam is pissed and rants for a couple mns. Go to the Dad’s house. There is about 2-3mns of arguing between Sam and his dad. His dad seems very stubborn and insistent that he won’t hand over the map to Sam, I ask him, a complete stranger from an organization that he despises, that if he gives us the map, we can leave faster. One single attempt, one line of dialogue and… It worked. I laughed out loud so hard thinking * is this. All this useless dialog for these uninteresting characters, which by the way, come off as some sort of weird satire of the walking dead (COORAAL) with out any references but their names, and it just was resolved by me simply saying that generic nonsense…

image.thumb.jpeg.7e68a0eb52b93deb092a51ed3b565e60.jpeg

/rant

Loving the game, much more than I thought but this main quest, I don’t know man…

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slaughtahouse said:

30 Hours in now. Lvl 15. Started to play the main quest where I can, as recommended by others to unlock some features, and I believe I am near the end of the third mission The Empty Nest with Sam Coe on Akila (Freestar Rangers).

Maybe it opens up a bit more later but yikes is it cliché. Anyone have this issue of being completely uninterested in the main quest? Is there a point where the main quest line opens up with some decent choices?

For context, I’ve explored about 4 systems in between the 2nd and 3rd quest. Which has resulted in me scanning to 100% about 15 planets and moons, found some really interesting loot including a jet boost pack that launches me so high that it will cripple my legs on any planet with gravity of 0.8 or higher, an old world shotgun (870 Combat style, 94 damage, holds 6 shells) completed about 6-7 side quests, rounded up some bounties, helped others avoided bounties, got into some large skirmishes in space (10+ ships), and raided a variety of abandoned bases, UC relay / comm centres.

I’m still surprised by how much unique content I’ve run across on random planets and moons as well as fun with the randomly generated content / bases. 

Jumping back into the main quest felt dumbed down in comparison. Minor spoilers but after I was able to defuse the bank heist by simply telling the robbers that they should just drop their effort because they don’t have any other option, and succeeding with 1 point into Persuasion was a bit odd.

Next step, get the map for Sam. Open the locker in the bank, oh the Dad left a note and he has it. Sam is pissed and rants for a couple mns. Go to the Dad’s house. There is about 2-3mns of arguing between Sam and his dad and his dad seems very stubborn and insistent that he won’t hand over the map to Sam, I ask him, a complete stranger from an organization that he despises, that if he gives us the map, we can leave faster. One single attempt, one line of dialogue and… It worked. I laughed out loud so hard thinking * is this. All this useless dialog for these uninteresting characters, which by the way, come off as some sort of weird satire of the walking dead (COORAAL) with out any references but their names, and it just was resolved by me simply saying that generic nonsense…

/rant

Loving the game, much more than I thought but this main, I don’t know man…

The story doesn't really get better at any point IMO. There's a "reveal" about midway through the main story that was a little surprising but for the most part the story is pretty meh. 

my biggest issue are the boring af temples. they're the same * thing 20 times (assuming you only get them once, if you max them out then it's 200). most of them are awful until at least a few level-ups but by then you're going to be so overpowered you're not going to need them anyway. 

For context, I’ve explored about 4 systems in between the 2nd and 3rd quest. Which has resulted in me scanning to 100% about 15 planets and moons, found some really interesting loot including a jet boost pack that launches me so high that it will cripple my legs on any planet with gravity of 0.8 or higher

protip: you can bind the boost pack to two keys in settings and the 2nd keybinding is an "alt" boost. Your 1st boost is the normal (mostly vertical) boost and the 2nd boost is more for moving forward (and/or strafing depending on the boost pack). 10/10 planet traversing with marginally less death. 

Edited by The Pook
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
OPERATING SYSTEM 2: Debian 12.5 KDE
Full Rig Info

53 minutes ago, Slaughtahouse said:

Jumping back into the main quest felt dumbed down in comparison. Minor spoilers but after I was able to defuse the bank heist by simply telling the robbers that they should just drop their effort because they don’t have any other option, and succeeding with 1 point into Persuasion was a bit odd.

Next step, get the map for Sam. Open the locker in the bank, oh the Dad left a note and he has it. Sam is pissed and rants for a couple mns. Go to the Dad’s house. There is about 2-3mns of arguing between Sam and his dad and his dad seems very stubborn and insistent that he won’t hand over the map to Sam, I ask him, a complete stranger from an organization that he despises, that if he gives us the map, we can leave faster. One single attempt, one line of dialogue and… It worked. I laughed out loud so hard thinking * is this. All this useless dialog for these uninteresting characters, which by the way, come off as some sort of weird satire of the walking dead (COORAAL) with out any references but their names, and it just was resolved by me simply saying that generic nonsense…

/rant

Loving the game, much more than I thought but this main, I don’t know man…

I am kind of in the opposite boat, meaning the main quest is pretty much the only thing keeping me interested in the game. 

First off, I have not beat the main quest yet but I think I'm pretty far. Lvl 32. It does open up and get more interesting, but there is also a lot of slow filler parts that just feels like busy work. The overall quest feels like an amalgamation of several pretty good star trek episodes or si-fi tropes mashed into one. Not gonna say the dialogue is always great, but the overall plot is at least interesting. Not amazing, but interesting. 

What's killing it for me is that everything else about the game feels empty and meaningless. The randomly generated planets just feel like a series of different deserts with little incentive to spend time walking/jetpacking in long straight paths to eventually find a small cave or a building I have already seen over and over on other randomly generated planets. The sense that there is much to explore wears off quickly, at least in my experience. It feels like I am missing something, like there is some rock left unturned that has all the interesting stuff that I just haven't found but I don't think that's actually the case. It feels like everything in the game is a rearrangement of the same assets over and over outside of a few hub cities. Space is just a small void with a Skybox and some ships to interact with that feels like a tacked on mini game to make your ship feel like it has a reason to exist beyond storage and fast travel. 

I cannot for the life of me imagine how they came to the decision leave the player with no way to travel faster on planets via some kind of vehicle or mount or anything really, but even if they did there would still be little reason to explore more than a few times because once you have done that, you have pretty much seen it all. 

I wish I liked this game more, but I just don't and the more I play it the more I feel confused by a lot of design decisions. Like the way you unlock special abilities from the temples... by flying around randomly in circles every single time. I spent probably 2 hours doing that over and over for the main quest the other day, just going from temple to temple to do the same exact thing over and over. I think that example serves as a good metaphor for how the game feels. 

I have to imagine Bethesda lost sight of the end goal at some point during development for some reason or another and they had to figure out how to hobble together a game with the work they had put into the idea so far, without a fully cohesive vision of what it would end up being. Maybe it was because of Covid interfering with their dev plans, or maybe they just had a lot of ambitious ideas that just didn't work for technical reasons and needed to be scaled back. Maybe they got really far with the procedural generation tech before they realized it was pretty boring after the initial wow factor wears off and just couldn't pivot at that point. 

I feel like the game would have been far better if they had designed the game and plot around the idea of one solar system. A few planets to explore with a lot more effort put into those locations instead of endlessly generated content with no real meaning to it. 

All that said, a lot of people seem to be really enjoying it. I'm jealous of those people. I think there may be a few reasons why some people love it and others find it boring. I think if you simply enjoy the looting and crafting grind of a Bethesda RPG in-and-of itself, then Starfield is probably great. Personally, I don't. I enjoyed it in Skyrim because the setting added depth, but inventory management is my least favorite thing about games like this and the game just fails to add depth or incentive for me to care about looting. Another theory I have is that some people have more experience with games that use random procedural generation and are just not impressed by it at face value. Games like Valheim work similarly, but have a lot more ways to interact with the environment. I would imagine if Starfield was my first time seeing big randomly generated environments, I would be more excited by it but I was making maps in CryEngine 1 with its editor that were largely generated at random and easy to populate with assets very quickly so this stuff just doesn't impress me at all. 

However, you feel about the game, I think it likely didn't turn out the way Tood Howard had hoped. I suspect the overall conceptual goal of the game was deemed too ambitious at some point in development, and they just made due with what they had. 

/rant

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Just finished the game. 

9/10 plot

7.5/10 gameplay

Will return for big side quests, probably not much else. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

21 hours ago, The Pook said:

The story doesn't really get better at any point IMO. There's a "reveal" about midway through the main story that was a little surprising but the for the most part the main story is pretty meh. 

the meh story doesn't bother me, my biggest issue are the boring af temples. they're the same * thing 20+ times and (IMO) none of the powers are really that useful once you get to a level where they're maxed out 

protip: you can bind the boost pack to two keys in settings and the 2nd keybinding is an "alt" boost. Your 1st boost is the normal boost (mostly vertical) and the 2nd boost is more for moving forward (and/or strafing depending on the boost pack). 10/10 planet traversing with marginally less death. 

Good to know about the back pack. I'll have to figure out how to do that with a controller but usually I do a quick sprint + jump + boost to jump forward faster.

21 hours ago, UltraMega said:

I am kind of in the opposite boat, meaning the main quest is pretty much the only thing keeping me interested in the game. 

First off, I have not beat the main quest yet but I think I'm pretty far. Lvl 32. It does open up and get more interesting, but there is also a lot of slow filler parts that just feels like busy work. The overall quest feels like an amalgamation of several pretty good star trek episodes or si-fi tropes mashed into one. Not gonna say the dialogue is always great, but the overall plot is at least interesting. Not amazing, but interesting. 

What's killing it for me is that everything else about the game feels empty and meaningless. The randomly generated planets just feel like a series of different deserts with little incentive to spend time walking/jetpacking in long straight paths to eventually find a small cave or a building I have already seen over and over on other randomly generated planets. The sense that there is much to explore wears off quickly, at least in my experience. It feels like I am missing something, like there is some rock left unturned that has all the interesting stuff that I just haven't found but I don't think that's actually the case. It feels like everything in the game is a rearrangement of the same assets over and over outside of a few hub cities. Space is just a small void with a Skybox and some ships to interact with that feels like a tacked on mini game to make your ship feel like it has a reason to exist beyond storage and fast travel. 

I cannot for the life of me imagine how they came to the decision leave the player with no way to travel faster on planets via some kind of vehicle or mount or anything really, but even if they did there would still be little reason to explore more than a few times because once you have done that, you have pretty much seen it all. 

I wish I liked this game more, but I just don't and the more I play it the more I feel confused by a lot of design decisions. Like the way you unlock special abilities from the temples... by flying around randomly in circles every single time. I spent probably 2 hours doing that over and over for the main quest the other day, just going from temple to temple and do the same exact thing over and over. I think that example serves as a good metaphor for how the game feels. 

I have to imagine Bethesda lost sight of the end goal at some point during development for some reason or another and they had to figure out how to hobble together a game with the work they had put into the idea so far, without a fully cohesive vision of what it would end up being. Maybe it was because of Covid interfering with their dev plans, or maybe they just had a lot of ambitious ideas that just didn't work for technical reasons and needed to be scaled back. Maybe they got really far with the procedural generation tech before they realized it was pretty boring after the initial wow factor wears off and just couldn't pivot at that point. 

I feel like the game would have been far better if they had designed the game and plot around the idea of one solar system. A few planets to explore with a lot more effort put into those locations instead of endlessly generated content with no real meaning to it. 

All that said, a lot of people seem to be really enjoying it. I'm jealous of those people. I think there may be a few reasons why some people love it and others find it boring. I think if you simply enjoy the looting and crafting grind of a Bethesda RPG in-and-of itself, then Starfield is probably great. Personally, I don't. I enjoyed it in Skyrim because the setting added depth, but inventory management is my least favorite thing about games like this and the game just fails to add depth or incentive for me to care about looting. Another theory I have is that some people have more experience with games that use random procedural generation and are just not impressed by it at face value. Games like Valheim work similarly, but have a lot more ways to interact with the environment. I would imagine if Starfield was my first time seeing big randomly generated environments, I would be more excited by it but I was making maps in CryEngine 1 with its editor that were largely generated at random and easy to populate with assets very quickly so this stuff just doesn't impress me at all. 

However, you feel about the game, I think it likely didn't turn out the way Tood Howard had hoped. I suspect the overall conceptual goal of the game was deemed too ambitious at some point in development, and they just made due with what they had. 

/rant

I assume I am still stuck in the filler but it feels slower than it needs to be. Since it's only the 3rd mission, I am sure there is some more dynamics later on but hard to get hooked with some of these characters considering how much fun I am having else where.

For context, here is my progress.

Star Map:

image.thumb.jpeg.790cfbe6447bdd723d6cdab3e0a59a26.jpeg

Tau Ceta, Sol, Alpha Centauri and Narion I've explored fairly thoroughly. Touched a couple others but the four mentioned above I have spent most of my time. I think I spent about 2-3 hrs on the moon of Neptune alone (Triton). Some of these solar systems* I explored further because of some (larger) side quests discovered in the main hubs or just out and about on random planets.

image.thumb.png.5622c31d2e31b0406c1a981bbd505589.png

Quest Log / Side Quests:

image.thumb.png.36a7f07f5b66ce7bacc39ac95d4c15b3.png

I previously mentioned a page or two back the side quest with the farmers (Failure to Communicate) but there have been other smaller activities I have done, not captured in the log. They could just be from character dialog (Sarah) on a random planet, in this case the moon (Triton) interpreting a location may be worth exploring (e.g., why is this base hidden below grade / surface level? Are they reducing risks from environmental factors or... are they hiding something?). I didn't get a quest log from it but had a fun time exploring that base. 

image.thumb.png.77187a9afd60e5e5b8d02d7bf0ea7844.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.02dc8df8fde614ae0d8a3856aa2ba57e.jpeg

Another fun one I had, I don't recall the context, was a space station I had found. The temperatures were extremely high and everyone got roasted on the inside. There are some logs telling the events and well, made for a nice little story. 

Most of my time is going into the UC side quest and so far I recommend it. Especially for the Alien vibes. Seems like a more interesting plot point than the main story, at least right now. 

Build (long hauler):

image.thumb.png.e1c0c739ee026cd72ab3b46da1131c96.pngimage.thumb.png.7f9c668bd61eb843bedff1cdfd8a6a91.png

I've put the majority of my skill points into Tech  and Physical  because my RP (role playing) is a long hauler and I really like to lean into it. At first I was skeptical about dumping so many points into hauling (weight lifting and cargo) as well as ship enhancements but it's paying off. I'm finding myself in a lot of skirmishes in space and when you get teamed up, especially in the side quest Failure to Communicate, I was really suffering without those skills. I had to back off from that side quest until I upgraded my maneuverability, weapons, and most importantly, my ship. I have a small crew right now but I dump nearly all of my credits in ship upgrades. 

I'm still using Frontier but I will eventually buy and fully customize my ship. Looking for a large, super freight hauler lol.

I think you may enjoy the game a bit more if you open yourself up on these empty planets. Yes, most are empty and boring but if you dig close enough, you may find something that leads into a trail of events or a side quest that makes it more memorable. 

Most Bethesda games offer this type of experience but I am finding Starfield, even with how fragmented the Planet to Space travel is, offering the best experience in this regard. I feel those moments matter a bit more with so much emptiness out there but it never takes too long. 

In addition to the main quest, which I have not played nearly enough of, I hope there are more interesting hub worlds. New Atlantis is rather disappointing. Feels flat and empty. Also contextually, it doesn't seem to make sense. Giant skyscrapers over ~1km2 and then you walk out of the town and it's completely inhabited by wild life and fauna?  There is no urban sprawl or signs of any civilization outside of the city walls. Heck, even in the 11th century, there would be farms outside of the castle. Seems odd (to me) from a world building view that the city would be so particularly dense with 100m+ tall buildings and then you walk out of the core, there are essentially no roads, it's pure jungle, and dinosaurs running around. That contrast is quite emersion breaking. When I arrived on Akila, that city and world so far feels more connected. A scale of a town that seems to make sense and they have rural areas outside of the city walls that fits within it's context. 

Clearly some weird choices but as you had mentioned, you can only do so much and I still agree with you that the scope is too vast with what they're trying the achieve. I feel a few systems (10?) with more fleshed out worlds and a plan to add more systems over time would have been more successful than aiming for 1000 planets.

I also strongly agree that the game needs some sort of land rover. Again, it could be unlocked later on to force the player to feel more isolated and walk around on foot but there are times where I simply don't care and I want to just explore more.  I know that the likelihood of finding anything useful outside of that first 1km2 area is extremely low on foot so it's difficult to keep pushing further. Likely just another randomly generated cave, base, or geographical anomaly. 

Edited by Slaughtahouse

Now that I've beat the game, it's interesting to visit the sites of Sol. 

nh-color-pluto-charon.jpg

Starfield 10_3_2023 2_26_22 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 03/10/2023 at 05:29, UltraMega said:

Now that I've beat the game, it's interesting to visit the sites of Sol. 

nh-color-pluto-charon.jpg

Starfield 10_3_2023 2_26_22 AM.png

Nice! Hope you find some interesting side content. I took a break from Starfield but during that time (past couple weeks) I've realized my character / RP isn't suited for the main quest. 

I won't progress further with it right now because it's really cheesing my flow. I may do what The Pook did and create a character just to plow through the main story content. 

I still recommend you try the UC faction quest. There is some meat on the bone there. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Encountered a bug where everytime I go to space, I can't do anything. My cockpit doesn't show, just the hud and skybox. Guess I just can't play anymore if I want to do anything in space 😅.

Owned

Full Rig Info

🙃

• Respect 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

Full Rig Info

36 minutes ago, Slaughtahouse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ezgif-1-f429213502.gif

Here's a .gif I made from screenshots when Sarah melted into the floor... 

i think you forgot something?

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, Slaughtahouse said:

Welp, I suck a making .gifs 😛but in a nutshell...

image.thumb.jpeg.6e2028c7bb072201ef4bf922f69ee3cb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e8f2499539aaef7fbdcf23766704d54f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f85cf155e3d790bb9be2f62fb6b39199.jpeg

You can give Sarah some different clothes FYI, so she doesn't have to look like a mom at a biker bar forever. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

I figured it out. Somehow my ship was like 100 points over weight. 

What lvl are you guys? I'm at 41. 

Owned

Full Rig Info