Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Extreme HW Game List - 2024 Edition

Go to solution Solved by Slaughtahouse,

Posted (edited)

Quick update: I'll not be updating thread throughout April and into early May. Primarily due to work schedule. 

If anyone wants to jump and add posts with any interesting updates, by all means 🙂 Please do so 🙂 If you have any comments for the sheet, you should be able to write them on the sheet directly, and I can QA, adjust accordingly. My schedule (3rd post) broke for some reason. I've deleted it for now, will fix it when I have more spare time. Lower priority. 

In other news, there was a very interesting announcement showcase that aired I believe last week. Called the Triple I (iii) Initiative. Basically a play on AAA (definition for $100m+ budget games), but indies. Not sure what to make of the name lol but the games highlighted seem very interesting. Full rundown here: 

BLEEDINGCOOL.COM

Earlier this week, the The Triple-i Initiative held a new hour-long livestream showing off new games and updates of indie titles on the way.

Edited by Slaughtahouse

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

I'm gonna drop this here for now while I work out what I want to post about what follows; in the meantime, I recommend not buying any of their recent releases until others have at least had a chance to properly vet them. Probably take a day or so to gather my thoughts:

3D Realms is not your mama's mama's Duke 3D publisher anymore.

...it's not only about 3D Realms.

Edited by iamjanco
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

1 hour ago, iamjanco said:

I'm gonna drop this here for now while I work out what I want to post about what follows; in the meantime, I recommend not buying any of their recent releases until others have at least had a chance to properly vet them. Probably take a day or so to gather my thoughts:

3D Realms is not your mama's mama's Duke 3D publisher anymore.

...it's not only about 3D Realms.

Man back in the day Duke Nukem 3D was my favorite game!  I had every map memorized, I knew where all the med kits, armor and weapons were.

This was before multi-player games became popular, and there was only dial up modems in my neighborhood.  But the game would allow you to to dial into a friends computer over the modem and you could play with two people.  I just crushed everyone of my buddies I would play against, and they would get so frustrated.

Those were the days!

• Agreed 2

Old story always brings laughs when we reminisce among our old selves and how we played 1v1 on DN3D, Doom 2. RIOT/Delta Force 2, I think maybe Quake or Hexen, and or other similar FPS games... (friends I grew up with)

One day my buddy calls, I'm not home. Get the note from mom, "**** called, said it's about a school project, better call him back now kid, says you two have it due tomorrow."

I sense the direction this message has been relayed by ****..... I know what's really up. LMAO. 

I call him back and he says, "EFF ME.... I'm busted. Grounded for 2 weeks, PC is unplugged 24/7 and I'm only allowed to call you, the school, and **** and ****." 

I'm in shock..... (* happened) ............. I ask just that. 

"Soooo I didn't know! I didn't know! I thought it was just like regular long distance!? I didn't know playing **** in Germany was; like, more expensive than calling New York, you know we've been battling 1v1. Dad got the ATT bill and it was $1056.46" ....... 🤣

Ok.. so TLDR: 

My buddy back then (mid 90's) had NO idea that playing 1v1 via modem over landline to his opponent in Germany (met via BBS) would cost as much as it did, for his nightly sessions, 4 times that week for about 30~40 minutes each session. 

Good times. 👍

• Hilarious 2

14 hours ago, GanjaSMK said:

Old story always brings laughs when we reminisce among our old selves and how we played 1v1 on DN3D, Doom 2. RIOT/Delta Force 2, I think maybe Quake or Hexen, and or other similar FPS games... (friends I grew up with)

One day my buddy calls, I'm not home. Get the note from mom, "**** called, said it's about a school project, better call him back now kid, says you two have it due tomorrow."

I sense the direction this message has been relayed by ****..... I know what's really up. LMAO. 

I call him back and he says, "EFF ME.... I'm busted. Grounded for 2 weeks, PC is unplugged 24/7 and I'm only allowed to call you, the school, and **** and ****." 

I'm in shock..... (* happened) ............. I ask just that. 

"Soooo I didn't know! I didn't know! I thought it was just like regular long distance!? I didn't know playing **** in Germany was; like, more expensive than calling New York, you know we've been battling 1v1. Dad got the ATT bill and it was $1056.46" ....... 🤣

Ok.. so TLDR: 

My buddy back then (mid 90's) had NO idea that playing 1v1 via modem over landline to his opponent in Germany (met via BBS) would cost as much as it did, for his nightly sessions, 4 times that week for about 30~40 minutes each session. 

Good times. 👍

Great story!  That was a LOT of money back then too!

• Hilarious 1
  • Agreed 1