Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

ADT-Link R43SG-50CM troubleshooting

ADT-Link R43SG-50CM hooked up to my eglobal a1-3550h amd ryzen 5 3550h mini pc & having issues detecting my Powercolor Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 for some odd reason? The card is perfect shape. I even took it apart & cleaned it just to make sure with a fresh repaste.

Is the 3.3V light supposed to be green during operation? Because only the 12V led is lit. Please help me troubleshoot why my Vega 56 won't get detected in Windows.

I reseated the m.2 nvme pcie adapter portion.

So I think IOMMU caused it to not show up I think, so I reset to BIOS defaults & it got detected but still only the 12V LED lights up Green & I get code 43 in device manager for the Vega 56 card.

Any ideas? How to fix code 43.

I took a picture with my agptek t06s which takes terrible pics so I enhanced with ai but the pins look good after the ai enhanced the picture.  There is a slight disruption in the pins on the nvme m.2 pcie slot on the motherboard but nvme ssds work fine, idk why im not getting a 3V led on the R43SG-50CM?  Is it my brand new EVGA 650 BP?

Thanks

*Update* I had it getting detected but now it's not getting detected anymore.  I'll fiddle around with the BIOS some more.

pins arrow.jpg

pins.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

IMG_20240103_004014.jpg

IMG_20240103_004044.jpg

IMG_20240103_004053.jpg

r43sg jumper switches.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

@LabRat Adapter man?  Want to chime in if you see this?  🤣

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

Premium Bronze
145 184
1 hour ago, pioneerisloud said:

@LabRat Adapter man?  Want to chime in if you see this?  🤣

I think Chris was on the right track w/ the 3.3V thing.
AFAIK the 3.3V rail on Video cards is used to more-less 'handshake'.

I'm not quite familiar enough with the electronics on the PCB, but I'm suspecting the manu. neglected a 3.3V voltage converter on the riser.

If you can, try plugging in an ATX PSU into the ATX input on the riser.
(Some also run their 3.3V power from a +5V source using a linear regulator. Try hooking the +5V input on the Riser to +5V or a USB's +5V?)

image.thumb.png.c0960193a14d0d7617877a1fe925151f.png

This might be (related to) the issue, too. 

PERST# info:

SUPPORT.XILINX.COM

image.png.01e93629044b2265572d72e2b2296fdd.png

Edited by LabRat
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Thanks guys yeah I'm worried about the video card now.  I took it apart to clean it & put it back together & now it doesn't get detected.  There may be a short somewhere, I suspect on the X-Clamp on the back of the PCB.  I tested the GPU in another known working PC & it's not working.  So now I have to troubleshoot the Vega 56.  I tested it with the heatsink off & the core & HBM gets hot so thats good.  I'll let you know what I find.

Premium Bronze
145 184
1 minute ago, HeyItsChris said:

Thanks guys yeah I'm worried about the video card now.  I took it apart to clean it & put it back together & now it doesn't get detected.  There may be a short somewhere, I suspect on the X-Clamp on the back of the PCB.  I tested the GPU in another known working PC & it's not working.  So now I have to troubleshoot the Vega 56.  I tested it with the heatsink off & the core & HBM gets hot so thats good.  I'll let you know what I find.

Don't freak out, or start tearing it apart.
I've had multiple Vega cards *act* like they've bricked themselves.

(WARNING: this is 'bad advice')
What's fixed it for me, is yanking mains power to the sys mid/just-post POST. Next reboot, card's back. Has happened a dozen+ times w/ both my real deal Vega 64 and my MI25s-turned-WX9100. 

(even my 6500XT has 'played a similar game')

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks ill try that.  What I did test is a known working video card from another rig in the R43SG-50CM & it didn't get detected.  Just the 12V LED lit green & not the 3V LED.

I think my nvme pcie slot is damaged a little but nvme ssds work fine on it so idk what to think?  or maybe its the R43SG-50CM that is damaged as the cable is little worn out around where the casing came together.

Edited by HeyItsChris

My pins on my nvme slot on the board are slightly damaged but nvme drives work fine in the slot so I'm not certain if it's the slot or the R43SG is damaged as the ribbon cable is slightly worn out.  So I tested a known working gpu in the R43SG on my eglobal a1-3550h mini pc and it didn't get detected either & i'm only getting green led lit on 12v only, not 3v like i think is supposed to be lit also.

So I pulled it apart for the 4th or 5th time now & cleaned it again this time cleaning the PCB spotless with dish soap & a tooth brush & then I submerged it in soapy water to make sure the soap is dissolved under the core diode.  That's what I suspect caused the fault possibly but I did boot it up while it may of still been wet from the first cleaning idiotically (should have been patient).  Now it's drying (crossing fingers).

So now I know for sure my ADT-Link R43SG-50CM is shot, the ribbon cable has a tiny bit of damage & no wires are showing it's just that it's damaged on the ribbon outer layer.  It's clear it's busted because nothing gets detected on it, not even known working cards.  

So I suspected a bad nvme pcie slot but my nvme pcie ssd works fine in the slot, so I suspect the slot is fine for now.

So now I'm looking to get a new GPU, a Powercolor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT & a EXP GDC nvme key M (latest & greatest) model with the PCIe 3.0 (sadly) but it's okay for my current system @ PCIe x4 speeds PCIe 3.0.

Anyone know of any reviews of the nvme EXP GDC model?

EXPGDCNVMEeGPU1.thumb.jpeg.cde40fc48cac813a90250384ec818380.jpeg