Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

250 Games Tested on Intel Arc | July 2024

Slaughtahouse

Following a discussion in a separate thread, here is an interesting perspective on how well the user experience is on Intel Arc for gaming. Including compatibility (does it load), playability (does it need tweaks), and a performance snapshot (not an in-depth performance review). Hardware Unboxed tested approx. 250 games on Intel Arc's 31.0.101.5592 driver (most recent at the time of this recording). 

This could be a useful resource in the future to quickly check how Intel Arc, and future Intel graphics architectures stack up and improve over time. 

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 2
  • Agreed 1

• Slaughtahouse changed the title to 250 Games Tested on Intel Arc | July 2024

They are doing a lot better than I expected.  When they first launched I had the unpleasant experience of using an A310.  It couldn't even play a youtube.  Frame rates dropped from how many frames per second to how many seconds per frame.  I didn't do a lot of troubleshooting, I told the guy who bought it to take it back.

Now it looks like they are a reasonable graphics card, certainly viable for older games.

• Agreed 1

Honestly this is good to hear and I look forward to seeing what next gen parts from Intel will do. The enthusiast PC space is beginning to get very interesting again and I am fully onboard with it.

My buddy's got an A750 that he modded for more power and better cooling and it appears to be a stellar performer for the $220 it cost him. Could be one of the better value cards out there at the moment. And seems to have only gotten better as driver support from Intel has matured. Very interesting and looking forward to seeing how things progress.