Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Mechanical Keyboards Club

Supercrumpet

We bought a GMMK back this summer for the wife's rig and the thing just did not work. Was the strangest thing. Don't know if it was driver or software, but the keys wouldn't actuate except maybe once every 10 hits or something.

I will probably be in the market for a new keyboard soon. I have a nearly 10 year old K70 and its served its purpose well but is starting to have some issues. What would you recommend I look at? I will say the one requirement I have is a wrist rest of some sort.

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Ventura
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

That's weird I'd hit them up for a warranty replacement. I've had mine since they first came out because I wanted a cheap hot swap board to test switches. Never had an issue with it and it's been passed around as my loaner board to get friends into mechs for years now. 

Don't have any recommendations for off the shelf boards. I mostly use custom smaller boards with separate wrist rests.

Owned

CPU: 5900X + Optimus block
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X570 Ace
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra + Optimus block
RAM: 32GB Oloy Blade 3600CL14
SSD/NVME: 1TB SN750 Black
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB SN750 Black
SSD/NVME 3: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
CASE: LD PC-V7
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 7800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: B650E-I Strix
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5
GPU: Reference 6950 XT
CASE: InWin D-Frame Mini
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 with 4x180mm Silverstone fans
FAN CONTROLLER: Aquaero
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 12600KF
MOTHERBOARD: Z790I Strix
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo
GPU: RTX 2080
CASE: Sliger SM580
WC RESEVOIR: Phanteks R160C
WC RADIATOR: XSPC TX240 Ultrathin
FANS: Phanteks T30
Full Rig Info

17 hours ago, neurotix said:

Wow lotsa work going into this thread. Nice spreadsheet. Attached are photos of my main board, pretty much my endgame, I love it. I could possibly make a YouTube vid demo of how it sounds if anyone is interested. I can post pics from different angles too.

Pictures at bottom. I can't figure out how to do inline images on mobile.

GMMK v2 fullsize 104 key

Custom white plastidip + plastidip pearlizer on the top, some white plastidip on the inside of the top plate to help rgb light diffusion

Kailh Box Jade switches, a few are Gateron Browns (like Caps so if I bump it I immediately know)

Cherry Blue o-rings

Filco Sakura keycaps

Stabs clipped and lubed with lithium grease

Case weighted and noise dampened with some small metal weights I had laying around as well as packed with crafters foam.. the kind you get at Hobby Lobby or whatever that comes in a big flat sheet.

I think thats about it for my main one. Secondary one:

E-Element or E-Yooso Z77 or whatever 

Removed stock Outemu Blue switches. They advertise it as being hot swappable but if that means using 50 lbs of force with a switch puller... Yeah my lovely hardworking wife removed them all. The switches are not soldered but the contacts on the switch are too large for the hole so yeah.

Replaced all switches with Kailh Box White switches. Each one needed the pins trimmed with a flush cutters to fit into the PCBs non standard hole size (too small for the right pin).

Cherry Blue O-rings

Stabs clipped and lubed

cheapo white and blue keycaps

Case packed with foam

Multiple Doraemon stickers from Ebay

In the spreadsheet just put modded E-Yooso Z77 with box whites. I will take pictures if anyone wants to see it. Additionally I could also do a test video. They do make these kbs in Tenkeyless and 60% versions for like $30, add in the cost of some switches, o rings and crafters foam and maybe some keycaps and you might be able to do a fully custom board for around $100. If you are brave enough to try lol

Additionally my wife has a GMMK fullsize with Kailh Box white switches. It might have o-rings but I don't remember. She's an accountant so she needs the numpad. Additionally she works 100% remote and that just got extended through June. This board sees heavy use. It has PBT pudding keycaps because she likes them.

Moms pc has a Rosewill something black board, RGB, fullsize, with Kailh Blue (non box) switches. She plays Tetris and some other games on it and loves it. I'd have to go look in storage for the model number. It has really nice lighting.

On top of that, in storage I have (and want to sell):

Corsair K70 Lux fullsize stock with Cherry MX Red switches..red backlighting. my first mechanical board before I realized I like clicky switches.

OCN Ducky with Cherry Blues. Switches need to be replaced, it was used heavily. Paint on keycaps is yellowed because the previous owner smoked.

Ducky One 2 RGB fullsize year of the dog edition with Cherry MX reds.

I want to try Topre switches but don't like the HHKB and a fullsize Realforce is like $300 that I would rather save to eventually get a new GPU.

Sorry for how long this was! Also good to see you here Fluxmaven.

PXL_20220926_160718101.jpg

PXL_20220926_160727078.jpg

Thanks for the detailed post! I added your two main boards, and I'm curious about what your secondary board looks like. The GMMK turned out well in white!

10 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

We bought a GMMK back this summer for the wife's rig and the thing just did not work. Was the strangest thing. Don't know if it was driver or software, but the keys wouldn't actuate except maybe once every 10 hits or something.

I will probably be in the market for a new keyboard soon. I have a nearly 10 year old K70 and its served its purpose well but is starting to have some issues. What would you recommend I look at? I will say the one requirement I have is a wrist rest of some sort.

Yeah I have a GMMK TKL and it's been nice, but after a year or two the B key and maybe one or two others have started double-inputting. Not sure if it's the switch or the board, I haven't messed with it to figure it out, but it's not my daily board anymore so I'm not as motivated lol.

Owned

CPU: [AMD] Ryzen 9 3900X
CPU COOLER: [Cooler Master] MasterLiquid ML360R
MOTHERBOARD: [Asus] ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
RAM: [G.Skill] Trident Z 4x8 GB DDR4 3600
SSD/NVME: [Western Digital] Black 512 GB NVMe SSD
SSD/NVME 2: [Team] 4x 1 TB 2.5" SSD
HDD: [Western Digital] Black Series 3 TB HDD
GPU: [EVGA] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: [AMD] Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU COOLER: [Cooler Master] MasterLiquid ML240L
MOTHERBOARD: [MSI] MAG B550M Mortar Wifi
RAM: [G.Skill] Trident Z 4x8 GB DDR4 3200
SSD/NVME: [Crucial] P2 500 GB NVMe SSD
HDD: [Western Digital] Black Series 2 TB HDD
HDD 2: [Western Digital] Caviar Green 3 TB HDD
GPU: [EVGA] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, Fluxmaven said:

That's weird I'd hit them up for a warranty replacement. I've had mine since they first came out because I wanted a cheap hot swap board to test switches. Never had an issue with it and it's been passed around as my loaner board to get friends into mechs for years now. 

Don't have any recommendations for off the shelf boards. I mostly use custom smaller boards with separate wrist rests.

We returned it to Micro Center the next day lol.

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

10 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

To answer your question, what board size are you thinking about?

I've had a TKL-sized and a fullsize Grifiti Fat wrist rest that I've alternated between, depending on the main board I'm using, for probably the better part of 8 years, and they've held up really well. The top layer of fabric has peeled back very slightly on both on the corner under my left hand, but otherwise they're in great condition. No sagging or indentations, and they stand up to some minor spills as well. That'd give you a lot of flexibility as far as not having to look for keyboards that come with a wrist rest.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
2 hours ago, Supercrumpet said:

Thanks for the detailed post! I added your two main boards, and I'm curious about what your secondary board looks like. The GMMK turned out well in white!

Yeah I have a GMMK TKL and it's been nice, but after a year or two the B key and maybe one or two others have started double-inputting. Not sure if it's the switch or the board, I haven't messed with it to figure it out, but it's not my daily board anymore so I'm not as motivated lol.

Will take and upload a few pics of my secondary board later.

$5500

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X3D 2100MHz fclk
RAM: G.skill TridentZ5 7600MHz 36-45-45-45 1.425v
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 3.135GHz/12.152GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming Wifi
SSD/NVME: Crucial T700 1TB Gen 5 M.2
MONITOR: Acer Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 144Hz HDR400 FreeSync
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal AR3 Midtower
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark w/ PTM7950
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x PBO 4.95GHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ventus
RAM: G.skill Flare X DDR4 3733MHz 16-16-16-32-50 1T GDM on
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal Cube
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 550w
SSD/NVME: Samsung 850 Evo 256GB
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: i5-7600 4.5GHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix Z270H Gaming
RAM: G.skill DDR4-3000 15-16-16
CASE: Silverstone Grandia series GD09
GPU: GT 710
SSD/NVME: Samsung 850 Evo
MONITOR: Asus V239H 1080p 60Hz IPS
CPU COOLER: Thermalright AXP-120-X67
Full Rig Info

There's one with the lights off (it's really bright) and one with the lights on.

For those who don't know Doraemon is like the Japanese equivalent of Mickey Mouse. Hes above my left arrow key.

I would actually like to get some dark blue and white keycaps as the logo for Doraemon is dark blue.

PXL_20221110_201650556.jpg

PXL_20221110_202140794.jpg

• Thanks 2

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

3 hours ago, neurotix said:

There's one with the lights off (it's really bright) and one with the lights on.

For those who don't know Doraemon is like the Japanese equivalent of Mickey Mouse. Hes above my left arrow key.

I would actually like to get some dark blue and white keycaps as the logo for Doraemon is dark blue.

PXL_20221110_201650556.jpg

PXL_20221110_202140794.jpg

Looks nice! Pic added to the spreadsheet.

How do you like the Kailh box whites? How do they compare to similar MX switches or box jades/navies, if you've used any of those?

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

9 hours ago, Supercrumpet said:

To answer your question, what board size are you thinking about?

I've had a TKL-sized and a fullsize Grifiti Fat wrist rest that I've alternated between, depending on the main board I'm using, for probably the better part of 8 years, and they've held up really well. The top layer of fabric has peeled back very slightly on both on the corner under my left hand, but otherwise they're in great condition. No sagging or indentations, and they stand up to some minor spills as well. That'd give you a lot of flexibility as far as not having to look for keyboards that come with a wrist rest.

Definitely a full size. Tried a TKL once and hated it. Also tried a 96% GMMK and again ended up not liking it. I'm definitely a full size. 😂

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

19 hours ago, Supercrumpet said:

Looks nice! Pic added to the spreadsheet.

How do you like the Kailh box whites? How do they compare to similar MX switches or box jades/navies, if you've used any of those?

I like the Box Whites a lot. They have a lower activation force (like 30g of pressure to actuate) compared to the Box Jades which are around 55g. The click is higher pitched/less loud and since they require less pressure I can type more softly on them. Compared to MX Blues, I think they require less force to actuate and they sound totally different. Though I can't compare them properly to MX Blues because the OCN Ducky I have with MX Blues is pretty much shot and needs a full switch replacement which is beyond me as they are all soldered (I can solder and desolder but I'd need a $300 Hakko desoldering gun for a project like that).

I can, however, compare the Whites to the Kailh Blues (non Box- clone MX Blue switches) in saying the sound and feel is completely different and the clone Blues definitely take more force to actuate. Though not much more.

Basically I would recommend the Whites if you want clicky switches that aren't too loud and that you can type on very lightly, which seems to increase my speed. Essentially typing with your fingertips.

Compared to the Jades, well the Jades are perfection to me. Loud satisfying click, can type hard on them, basically a Jade kinda feels like a white or MX Blue switch that is sticky, and you feel that on the upstroke moving your finger away. This is not a bad thing but going from the Doraemon board to my GMMK, its the best way to describe it. (the sticky feeling) This sort of makes sense as a Jade was based on the White but with a thicker click bar and tighter spring.

I have NOT used Box Navy however it was what I was initially considering and interested in before building either of these boards. They are supposedly like Jades and came out around the same time. However the actuation force for them is crazy high, like 85g or something so you would really need to type HARD on them. I opted for the Jades instead and got like the last shipment of them during the early pandemic that took over a month to arrive from a Chinese Amazon seller, and after we bought them they were no longer available. They were also sold out on kbfans or whatever that site was that directly did the collab with Kailh to make them. I'm not sure if you can even get them anymore, as it was a limited time thing...

I am actually interested in doing a board or swapping the Jades in my GMMK for Kailh Box Rose. Which are also clicky. I don't know the actuation force for them but did see a YouTube video testing them around the time they became available and they seem interesting, I am curious to try them.

Hope this helps.

Edited by neurotix
  • Thanks 1

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

32 minutes ago, neurotix said:

I like the Box Whites a lot. They have a lower activation force (like 30g of pressure to actuate) compared to the Box Jades which are around 55g. The click is higher pitched/less loud and since they require less pressure I can type more softly on them. Compared to MX Blues, I think they require less force to actuate and they sound totally different. Though I can't compare them properly to MX Blues because the OCN Ducky I have with MX Blues is pretty much shot and needs a full switch replacement which is beyond me as they are all soldered (I can solder and desolder but I'd need a $300 Hakko desoldering gun for a project like that).

I can, however, compare the Whites to the Kailh Blues (non Box- clone MX Blue switches) in saying the sound and feel is completely different and the clone Blues definitely take more force to actuate. Though not much more.

Basically I would recommend the Whites if you want clicky switches that aren't too loud and that you can type on very lightly, which seems to increase my speed. Essentially typing with your fingertips.

Compared to the Jades, well the Jades are perfection to me. Loud satisfying click, can type hard on them, basically a Jade kinda feels like a white or MX Blue switch that is sticky, and you feel that on the upstroke moving your finger away. This is not a bad thing but going from the Doraemon board to my GMMK, its the best way to describe it. (the sticky feeling) This sort of makes sense as a Jade was based on the White but with a thicker click bar and tighter spring.

I have NOT used Box Navy however it was what I was initially considering and interested in before building either of these boards. They are supposedly like Jades and came out around the same time. However the actuation force for them is crazy high, like 85g or something so you would really need to type HARD on them. I opted for the Jades instead and got like the last shipment of them during the early pandemic that took over a month to arrive from a Chinese Amazon seller, and after we bought them they were no longer available. They were also sold out on kbfans or whatever that site was that directly did the collab with Kailh to make them. I'm not sure if you can even get them anymore, as it was a limited time thing...

I am actually interested in doing a board or swapping the Jades in my GMMK for Kailh Box Rose. Which are also clicky. I don't know the actuation force for them but did see a YouTube video testing them around the time they became available and they seem interesting, I am curious to try them.

Hope this helps.

Interesting, thanks for all of the info. I typically alternate between tactile and clicky switches to keep things fresh for myself, and my favorite of the clickys is definitely the box navy. Looks like you can still buy them on Drop:

DROP.COM

Drop exclusive price and reviews: Kailh x NovelKeys Box MX Mechanical Switches | 2.6K+ Sold | Mechanical switches offer a physical typing...

I tend to prefer heavier switches (perhaps obvious by now) but I'm curious about the box whites now, maybe I'll pick up a set sometime. Would be a very interesting change of pace.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

I need to do an inventory of all the different switches I have at my disposal with a quick note on my thoughts of them. 

My preference is definitely heavy switches. I have both BOX Jade and Navy and love them both but prefer the Navy. For a quieter option I like BOX Royal. 

Still enjoy buckling springs. Not really a fan of any of the common Cherry switches anymore. A lot of the clone switches are IMO better and cheaper. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

13 minutes ago, Fluxmaven said:

I need to do an inventory of all the different switches I have at my disposal with a quick note on my thoughts of them. 

My preference is definitely heavy switches. I have both BOX Jade and Navy and love them both but prefer the Navy. For a quieter option I like BOX Royal. 

Still enjoy buckling springs. Not really a fan of any of the common Cherry switches anymore. A lot of the clone switches are IMO better and cheaper. 

Buckling springs are still at the top of my list of what I'd like to try. Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Unicomp for years.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 minutes ago, Supercrumpet said:

Buckling springs are still at the top of my list of what I'd like to try. Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Unicomp for years.

I live about an Hour and a half from Unicomp... Next time I'm down in Lexingon I'd like to swing by and see if they would give me a quick tour. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Buckling spring switches are awesome. I'm old enough and a school I went to when I was in 3rd or 4th grade had a computer room full of IBM systems that all had IBM model M keyboards. I can clearly remember doing typing class on them and thinking at the time that the keyboard was much higher quality than the Macintosh keyboard we had at home. Imo, if you want buckling spring switches just buy an IBM Model M keyboard on ebay (they ran around $90 last I checked) and a PS/2 to USB Adapter. Though they aren't pretty so I can understand wanting a modern kb, choice of size, choice of keycaps etc. An IBM model M has actually been on my wants list for quite a while but we've been trying to be frugal and our savings keeps getting depleted by having to give money to my sister nearly monthly since shes in between jobs and not making ends meet on her own..

Also, I read on reddit or something that a keyboard enthusiast used an IBM Model M at work for years, then built a board with Kailh Box Jades and ended up loving them enough that he considered them superior to the model M and switched.

Also, that's correct, the collab was Kailh x NovelKeys not kbfans. Never ordered anything from either site.

Supercrumpet, can't hurt to build a board or swap switches and try the Kailh Box Whites. I will try to take some short videos of my wife typing on my boards so you can hear the difference and put them on YouTube. If I remember to. Also both of us have been playing Grim Dawn over the LAN and its the weekend so we'll see because we're both heavily addicted, lol.

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, Fluxmaven said:

I live about an Hour and a half from Unicomp... Next time I'm down in Lexingon I'd like to swing by and see if they would give me a quick tour. 

Ah man, I forgot they're in Lexington! My girlfriend lives there and I just visited her recently, but I don't think I will again before she moves in a month or so. Oops.

26 minutes ago, neurotix said:

Buckling spring switches are awesome. I'm old enough and a school I went to when I was in 3rd or 4th grade had a computer room full of IBM systems that all had IBM model M keyboards. I can clearly remember doing typing class on them and thinking at the time that the keyboard was much higher quality than the Macintosh keyboard we had at home. Imo, if you want buckling spring switches just buy an IBM Model M keyboard on ebay (they ran around $90 last I checked) and a PS/2 to USB Adapter. Though they aren't pretty so I can understand wanting a modern kb, choice of size, choice of keycaps etc. An IBM model M has actually been on my wants list for quite a while but we've been trying to be frugal and our savings keeps getting depleted by having to give money to my sister nearly monthly since shes in between jobs and not making ends meet on her own..

Also, I read on reddit or something that a keyboard enthusiast used an IBM Model M at work for years, then built a board with Kailh Box Jades and ended up loving them enough that he considered them superior to the model M and switched.

Also, that's correct, the collab was Kailh x NovelKeys not kbfans. Never ordered anything from either site.

Supercrumpet, can't hurt to build a board or swap switches and try the Kailh Box Whites. I will try to take some short videos of my wife typing on my boards so you can hear the difference and put them on YouTube. If I remember to. Also both of us have been playing Grim Dawn over the LAN and its the weekend so we'll see because we're both heavily addicted, lol.

That'd be much appreciated! I have a couple hotswappable boards for just such a thing. Box whites just might be in my future then.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

There you go. Decided to include the non-Box Kailh MX Blue switches in the Rosewill K85 for reference, since they are clone Cherry Blues which everyone is familiar with.

Which do you like best?

• Thanks 3

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 13/11/2022 at 13:40, neurotix said:

There you go. Decided to include the non-Box Kailh MX Blue switches in the Rosewill K85 for reference, since they are clone Cherry Blues which everyone is familiar with.

Which do you like best?

Nice, thanks for the comparison. I forgot how clicky MX and MX clones really sound. I definitely prefer the other two as a result, probably moreso the jades, but the spacebar has an odd pingy-ness that I don't quite like.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

19 hours ago, Supercrumpet said:

Nice, thanks for the comparison. I forgot how clicky MX and MX clones really sound. I definitely prefer the other two as a result, probably moreso the jades, but the spacebar has an odd pingy-ness that I don't quite like.

Yeah, despite packing the case with foam to dampen sound and doubling up on o-rings for the space bar on both boards, there is a pingy metal sound from the spacebar.

Keep in mind my pc is in a very large finished basement room (like 1100 sq ft) so there's an echo down there which makes these sound worse than they are.

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

19 hours ago, neurotix said:

Yeah, despite packing the case with foam to dampen sound and doubling up on o-rings for the space bar on both boards, there is a pingy metal sound from the spacebar.

Keep in mind my pc is in a very large finished basement room (like 1100 sq ft) so there's an echo down there which makes these sound worse than they are.

Gotcha, that's fair. On my most recent board, a GK96X, with Holy Pandas, I actually am in the opposite boat with a great sounding spacebar but some annoying pinging and echoing on pretty much all of the other keys. Probably the worst I've had, so I'm considering actually doing something about it for once lmao.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 13/11/2022 at 13:40, neurotix said:

Which do you like best?

Thick clicks for the win.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

And see I don't like overly clicky boards. 😂 For me the MX-Blues and similar are the worst.

But I totally get why many like them.

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

6 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

And see I don't like overly clicky boards. 😂 For me the MX-Blues and similar are the worst.

how do you delete someone else's post

• Thanks 3
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
MONITOR: 14" 1080p IPS 60hz @ 72hz
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, Fluxmaven said:

Thicc clicks for the win.

Yep, pretty much my endgame board, though I really enjoy the modded E-Yooso z77 with whites once in a while.

I'd use my OCN Ducky as well (which is what got me hooked on clicky switches and was the impetus for me building my boards, instead of using the others I had with MX Reds)... however the OCN Ducky is more or less shot and the switches barely have any click to them anymore due to heavy use from the previous owner.

Also hey there The Pook- good to see you here.

Edited by neurotix
  • Thanks 1

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

7 minutes ago, neurotix said:

I'd use my OCN Ducky as well (which is what got me hooked on clicky switches and was the impetus for me building my boards, instead of using the others I had with MX Reds)... however the OCN Ducky is more or less shot and the switches barely have any click to them anymore due to heavy use from the previous owner.

I'd say just swap switches but I've desoldered exactly one full keyboard without a desolder station (just used wick and a solder sucker). That experience took years off my life and is why I only want to buy hot swap PCBs now.

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned