Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AMD announces Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB at 479 USD, launches on March 18th

RDNA2 architecture on that same 7nm node seems susceptible to increase clock frequencies. RX 5700 XT sits around 1950MHz, the boost speed of the Radeon RX 6700 XT should/could reach close to 2600 MHz though the game clock is listed at 2424 MHz (=very high).  To appropriately serve the GPU with instructions and data, AMD increased the memory speed to 16Gbps on its Radeon RX 6000 GPUs. To increase memory bandwidth AMD introduced 'Infinity Cache'. 

Source: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/radeon-series-rx-6700-xt-preview-analysis,1.html

The article uses two different titles FYI.

Price seems pretty reasonable.

IMG_20210303_100444.jpg

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

47 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

Price seems pretty reasonable.

I don't agree. Put aside crazy GPU climate for a moment and look at these supposed MSRP's. For something very much mid-range on a 192-bit bus and a replacement of the 5700XT it is very much overpriced in my opinion. AIB cards will push $600+ probably.

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

On 3/3/2021 at 1:57 PM, Sir Beregond said:

I don't agree. Put aside crazy GPU climate for a moment and look at these supposed MSRP's. For something very much mid-range on a 192-bit bus and a replacement of the 5700XT it is very much overpriced in my opinion. AIB cards will push $600+ probably.

Think about us poor canadians!, we pay at least $200 more for everything without the markup!

5 hours ago, Farih said:

Was hoping for a price below 449$ tbh :( 

if i could get any decent gpu for $450 it would be the end of the PC space in canada

Owned

CPU: AMD R7 7800X3D
GPU: AMD RX Sapphire 7800XT Pure
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B650M Project Zero
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 32-38-38 @ 6200mhz
SSD/NVME: Sabrent Rocket NVMe 500GB (Windows)
SSD/NVME 2: WD Black SN850X 4TB (Games)
SSD/NVME 3: Cruicial MX 500 2TB (Programs)
SSD/NVME 4: Crucial MX 300 1TB (Documents/Downloads)
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Xeon 5345 @ 2.3GHZ
CPU 2: Xeon 5345 @ 2.3GHZ
MOTHERBOARD: Intel S5000PSL E-ATX
RAM: 32GB Hynix ECC DDR2 667Mhz
CPU COOLER: 2x Dynatron 2U Heatsinks
SSD/NVME: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Firecuda Compute 2TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Winodws Server 2019 Standard
Full Rig Info

On 3/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, Sir Beregond said:

The thing is, you can't put away the GPU climate or the international chip shortage.  It is the reality of the world we live in, so while I very much agree with your analysis in a theoretical and mathematical environment, in the reality of today, which could last into 2022, the actual cost to performance is attractive.

It would, if it's readily available, which is a huge assumption, provide at least a serviceable bridge until the market comes down from it's high.  It's a much better proposition than the $3,000 you'd have to pay right now for an RX 3090 and even the 3060 TI's are getting out of hand.

You are, though, spot on if we use as a benchmark all of the original MSRP's of the cards currently on (of out of stock) the market right now.

I'm more interested at the moment in the anti-mining 3080 TI and how they would roll that out to avoid a repeat of the mess we're in right now.

Edited by Paradigm Gaming
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Paradigm Gaming said:

The thing is, you can't put away the GPU climate or the international chip shortage.  It is the reality of the world we live in, so while I very much agree with your analysis in a theoretical and mathematical environment, in the reality of today, which could last into 2022, the actual cost to performance is attractive.

It would, if it's readily available, which is a huge assumption, provide at least a serviceable bridge until the market comes down from it's high.  It's a much better proposition than the $3,000 you'd have to pay right now for an RX 3080 and even the 3060 TI's are getting out of hand.

You are, though, spot on if we use as a benchmark all of the original MSRP's of the cards currently on (of out of stock) the market right now.

I'm more interested at the moment in the anti-mining 3080 TI and how they would roll that out to avoid a repeat of the mess we're in right now.

Right, but keep in mind the MSRP quoted from AMD is their normal world MSRP. These things will go for far more in the current climate from AIB's and 3rd party sellers in terms of the current GPU climate and pricing market. So assuming that didn't exist, the $480 is absurd.

I'm sure it will more double in price though. My nephew bought a 6800 (not even an XT) for like $1100 on NewEgg which I thought was outrageous. His money though.

EDIT: I guess it could also be a $380 card + the US tariff tacked on? Not sure how that works since I noticed Nvidia FE cards are still being sold for original MSRP on BB.

Edited by Sir Beregond
  • Thanks 1

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

I don't think the increase in prices has anything to do with a tariff, since nvidia founders and AMD reference models sold on AMD.com are all sold at the stated MSRP.  AIB's and retail sellers are taking advantage of the market and have increased prices.

Plus the tariff would only affect products made in China and shipped into the US.  That doesn't explain the increase in prices in other parts of the world.

• Thanks 1