Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Foldaholics

tictoc

52 minutes ago, damric said:

I'd hate to help you guys but you should check with @BWG and be sure that handicap multi is right on that GTX 750 Ti. It seems like it should be a lot higher, like much closer to the huge ass multi that Michele has with her GTX 750.

the PPDs are like

FOLDING.LAR.SYSTEMS

F@H GeForce GTX 750 Ti performance as of 1/25/2022. Averages across all projects PPD:81,018 - Work Units Per...

and

FOLDING.LAR.SYSTEMS

F@H GeForce GTX 750 performance as of 1/25/2022. Averages across all projects PPD:69,207 - Work Units Per...

So something looks off because your PPDs look right but your handicap multi seems too low? I didn't math it, just estimating.

41 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Unless the rules have changed, going to need about 350 sample units before that 750Ti is eligible right?

I'm guessing this is a similar situation to the two Radeon VIIs that are in the database.  The 750ti was/is a wildly popular card, so the one to look at is here: https://folding.lar.systems/gpu_ppd/brands/nvidia/folding_profile/gm107_geforce_gtx_750_ti_1389

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scc28 said:

would be my 3090 as cpu folding isnt cutting it points wise on the 5950?

Would that 3090 be able to fold 24/7?

Glad you are taking my vacant spot. Thought I'm not on the team anymore, I'm still a Foldaholic fan for lyfe. 

• Respect 1

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1.1k 976
11 hours ago, tictoc said:

I'm guessing this is a similar situation to the two Radeon VIIs that are in the database.  The 750ti was/is a wildly popular card, so the one to look at is here: https://folding.lar.systems/gpu_ppd/brands/nvidia/folding_profile/gm107_geforce_gtx_750_ti_1389

People running them at max overclock while in dark mode skewed the PPD?

But it's weird that there are even 2 entries for the same GPU.

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

7 hours ago, Scc28 said:

would be my 3090 as cpu folding isnt cutting it points wise on the 5950?

Right on.  The ETF handbook is here: https://forums.extremehw.net/topic/1090-extreme-team-folding-manual/#comment-21241

If all that sounds good to you and you are down to fold 24/7, just PM me the following info, and I'll get you added to the team. 👍

EHW Name:
Folding Name:

Folding Team:
Unique Passkey:
Hardware:

Edited by tictoc

31 minutes ago, damric said:

People running them at max overclock while in dark mode skewed the PPD?

But it's weird that there are even 2 entries for the same GPU.

There are technically two variants of the 750ti.  Not much info on the one you posted, but it looks to be an OEM only card with a GK106 die vs the regular 750ti which has a GM107 die. I don't think that card ever even made it out into the wild, except as maybe an engineering sample.  It is listed in the NVIDIA driver, and apparently someone must have one, since there are entries in LARS.

750ti OEM: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti-oem.c2462

750ti: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti.c2548

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, tictoc said:

There are technically two variants of the 750ti.  Not much info on the one you posted, but it looks to be an OEM only card with a GK106 die vs the regular 750ti which has a GM107 die. I don't think that card ever even made it out into the wild, except as maybe an engineering sample.  It is listed in the NVIDIA driver, and apparently someone must have one, since there are entries in LARS.

750ti OEM: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti-oem.c2462

750ti: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti.c2548

On the OEM

This device has no display connectivity

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

I was hoping to have all that info I need to put him into stats in time for next month. We'd all be full teams again. I had PM'd him the info as well  on OCN, which I think is why he's on EHW now. Let me know guys. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

1.1k 976

I was looking at LARS again, and that entry for the GTX 750 Ti is very skewed. It's got it faster than cards like GTX 950, which means that whoever fed the last 500 submissions was juiced to the gills. I suggest switching to another card for ETF. then running that GTX 750 Ti on another key and feed it to LARS at stock clocks. Not the factory overclocks (if any), use the stock clocks for GTX 750 Ti according to techpowerup database which is base 1020MHz, 1085 Boost. Do 500 subs, and hopefully it fixes it since it only counts the last 500 as far as I can see. That should bring the stock PPD back in line to what it should be, which is somewhere between a stock GTX 750 (non-Ti) and a GTX 950, and fix your handicap multiplier so you can fold again on it next month. I hate beating you guys if it's not fair, and that * ain't fair.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work last month @axipher :eat_cheers:

I will not have my GPUs running 24/7 between now and the 19th.  The BOINC Pentathlon has begun, and even though my team has gotten much smaller, I will be giving it all I've got.  There will still be some folding time when my GPUs are not active.  I'll be back to full time shortly after the 19th. 

Folding@Home Staff
725 370
On 02/05/2022 at 21:17, tictoc said:

Nice work last month @axipher :eat_cheers:

I will not have my GPUs running 24/7 between now and the 19th.  The BOINC Pentathlon has begun, and even though my team has gotten much smaller, I will be giving it all I've got.  There will still be some folding time when my GPUs are not active.  I'll be back to full time shortly after the 19th. 

I'll keep doing what I can

• 3 months later...

Ended up on a much longer than planned for break from F@H, and the forum in general. 

Not sure when/if I'll be back up folding anything. I'll update the thread when I figure out what I am going to do.

@axipher it looks like your 750ti is still folding away.

Folding@Home Staff
725 370
On 18/08/2022 at 14:03, tictoc said:

Ended up on a much longer than planned for break from F@H, and the forum in general. 

Not sure when/if I'll be back up folding anything. I'll update the thread when I figure out what I am going to do.

@axipher it looks like your 750ti is still folding away.

Yeah, that machine now has a Minecraft Server and PiHole on it so it's running 24/7 anyway and the 750 Ti isn't much extra heat or power consumption so I just keep it running.

I did just update to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS so I can install PiHole; the Nvidia driver and FAH Client seems to have survived the upgrade and reboots no problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1.1k 976
23 minutes ago, axipher said:

Technically we are already in top spot 😛

I'll leave the 750 Ti chugging away though, it's 75 W of heating for me anyway since we are hitting winter days down near -30 C this month.

image.thumb.png.300bd1190d199cfae8bfee8a5545b4c0.png

It really seems like the low power Maxwell cards can chew through units quickly. I saw the same when running GTX 750 and on my wife's M2000. They hit way above their weight comparatively.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned