Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Foldaholics

Got some Duke energy alert emails, looks like the neighborhood lost power this morning, so will be behind for a bit until I can get things restarted. Good time to pop out the 750Ti and put in the 3070 for the FaT. 

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

Does that K5000 have 1 or 2 turbos? 🤣 

Slow start, strong finish. Pretty cool run guys!

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
727 371
1 hour ago, tictoc said:

:wheee:

21-08-29_standings.png.3c64e915af2e9273370ae218cfdd6164.png

Great job @tictoc and @Avacado, I had a couple days of downtime before I realized my GPU had crashed in folding while the wife was playing some FF XIV and it crashed, so you two really pulled some weight there.

If we are doing the planned downtime at the beginning of the month, I might look at upping the Power Limit of my Sapphire Pulse 5700 to 120% to let it stretch a little but more.

Does anyone have any sort of alerting system in place for when there GPU crashes?  I was thinking of setting up some sort of HFM web-scrapper that can send my stats to InfluxDB/Grafana to create a dashboard with Discord alerts when it detects too low of a PPD.

• Thanks 1

I'm in Linux, so not sure what the Windows equivalent would be.  For monitoring folding I monitor the log for "nan" which will catch all nan errors, and is useful if you are running the GPU right at the edge of stability. I also monitor and alert for GPU errors, but I have no idea how that would work on windows.  For anyone running AMD on Linux (with SystemD) here's a few commands to parse the journal for folding and GPU errors:

$ journalctl -b0 -u foldingathome -g nan
$ journalctl -p3 -b0 -g amdgpu

Edited by tictoc

Nice work this month team. :applaud::cheers::applaud:

My ppd dropped a bit yesterday.  I was trying to push the 980 a bit further on air, and had a few errors.  Dropped the clocks back down a bit for now for stability, and I might throw the GPU back on my other test bench so I can run it under water. :hats_snorkle:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, axipher said:

Thanks for the carry boys, don't hurt your backs too much

You are the lone non-Polaris GPU.  It is still fairly tight in that Cat, and there's lots of time to make a move.  Are you running a 5700 or a 5700XT?  I thought it was a 5700, but the stats site lists it as a 5700XT.

I will be out of town and without internet access for a good portion of this month.

980 is chugging along, and unless there is an extended power outage, it should just keep on folding.  I dialed the clocks back a few clicks before the start of the month, and it has been stable with zero errors for the last few days.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tictoc said:

You are the lone non-Polaris GPU.  It is still fairly tight in that Cat, and there's lots of time to make a move.  Are you running a 5700 or a 5700XT?  I thought it was a 5700, but the stats site lists it as a 5700XT.

That's a fair point, just running a 5700, but it looks like the 5600 and 5700 along with their XT variants are all grouped together on LARS which is a little annoying, but there are two variants so not sure which one is being applied to mine @BWG

image.thumb.png.207bfb7fab8c715f0bfe16c33f74b7e3.png

Also not sure why Damric is listed as using an Nvidia card with 0 points for the AMD category...

image.thumb.png.47e258a5d5a673ab46b0dd760dda4d53.png

Edited by axipher

9 minutes ago, axipher said:

That's a fair point, just running a 5700, but it looks like the 5600 and 5700 along with their XT variants are all grouped together on LARS which is a little annoying, but there are two variants so not sure which one is being applied to mine @BWG

image.thumb.png.207bfb7fab8c715f0bfe16c33f74b7e3.png

Also not sure why Damric is listed as using an Nvidia card with 0 points for the AMD category...

image.thumb.png.47e258a5d5a673ab46b0dd760dda4d53.png

Yea, already tagged BWG for the Damric/Ub3rg33k swap, he hadn't responded yet. You are definitely being listed in the 1.188 Mill category based off your multiplier. It would be over 8x if you were in the second grouping. Is your card OEM (Dell/pre-built) or reference (Radeon)?

Easiest way to tell without garnishing additional information from your card model would be, what PPD are you averaging stock?

Edited by Avacado

53 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Yea, already tagged BWG for the Damric/Ub3rg33k swap, he hadn't responded yet. You are definitely being listed in the 1.188 Mill category based off your multiplier. It would be over 8x if you were in the second grouping. Is your card OEM (Dell/pre-built) or reference (Radeon)?

Easiest way to tell without garnishing additional information from your card model would be, what PPD are you averaging stock?

It's a Sapphire Pulse 5700, so not the OEM or Reference design, I'm don't average over 1 mil PPD average so I don't think I'm in the OEM category, but can hit that on the odd day:

image.png.06d1d85551e5e7cd8f1b726d58bb3f8c.png

1 minute ago, axipher said:

It's a Sapphire Pulse 5700, so not the OEM or Reference design, I'm don't average over 1 mil PPD average so I don't think I'm in the OEM category, but can hit that on the odd day:

image.png.06d1d85551e5e7cd8f1b726d58bb3f8c.png

Is that a stock daily production chart or do you have any OC on those numbers?

7 hours ago, axipher said:

That's a fair point, just running a 5700, but it looks like the 5600 and 5700 along with their XT variants are all grouped together on LARS which is a little annoying, but there are two variants so not sure which one is being applied to mine

Based on your hfm stats, you are running the OEM version:

Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT/5700/5700 XT

HFM pulls the value from FAHClient.  LARS also pulls from the same FahClient value.

Back home for a few days.  980 still folding away.  Just set it to finish the current WU to do a quick OS update, and then it will be back up and folding.  No errors for the last 6 days since I dropped the clocks. 🙂

**Edit**

Forgot I had set the slot to finish, and went to bed without updating the OS and restarting the slot. 🤦‍♂️ Back up and running now after that silly 10 hour layoff, but the race with @BWG is now very tight.

Edited by tictoc
  • Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
23 hours ago, tictoc said:

Back home for a few days.  980 still folding away.  Just set it to finish the current WU to do a quick OS update, and then it will be back up and folding.  No errors for the last 6 days since I dropped the clocks. 🙂

**Edit**

Forgot I had set the slot to finish, and went to bed without updating the OS and restarting the slot. 🤦‍♂️ Back up and running now after that silly 10 hour layoff, but the race with @BWG is now very tight.

Yeah, everything is fairly close. Just 1 thing left to resolve and we'll be a lot more even, I hope.

@Avacado, I might get some stock shares up after I redo the cooling on the K5000. But, before I do, I'll run through some units so you can see them on my HFM and compare. See if it looks alright compared to yours before I feed the LARS Machine. Which driver are you using on yours?

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

13 minutes ago, BWG said:

Yeah, everything is fairly close. Just 1 thing left to resolve and we'll be a lot more even, I hope.

@Avacado, I might get some stock shares up after I redo the cooling on the K5000. But, before I do, I'll run through some units so you can see them on my HFM and compare. See if it looks alright compared to yours before I feed the LARS Machine. Which driver are you using on yours?

I let it pick up the most recent GeForce drivers. I had planned to run more stock numbers at the end of the month too! Should not need maintenance. 

• Thanks 1