Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Steve Wozniak to create private space-debris cleaning company

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is starting a private space company called Privateer.

The company has been founded alongside Alex Fielding, who was a member of the first iMac team and founded “Wheels of Zeus” (‘WoZ’) in 2002 – a company that created wireless location trackers - but it is unclear exactly what the company will do.

Privateer’s website is currently in “stealth mode”, with more details to be revealed at the AMOS (Advanced Maui Optical and Space Surveillance) 2021 conference, which starts today.

Independent Article Link

Well, I hope it's in the shape of a very large vacuum with a rightly-sized robot maneuvering it... 🤣

• Thanks 1

Pretty cool news. I think the pay-off could be huge someday if for example governments started requiring private companies to do more to clean up their space junk. Having a company around ready to provide their service when it's needed could be extremely lucrative. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

On 14/09/2021 at 18:38, GanjaSMK said:

Independent Article Link

Well, I hope it's in the shape of a very large vacuum with a rightly-sized robot maneuvering it... 🤣

lol,

[watching Spaceball One change into MegaMaid]

Barf: Oh, my gosh. It's not just a spaceship. It's a Transformer.

🤣

• Thanks 1