Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Best compatible CPU for HP 6305 SFF Chipset A75 Socket FM1?

HeyItsChris

I'd like to throw an unlocked chip in there as we upgraded the cooling its got cooling enough for a better chip now.  If not just a 4Ghz chip would be nice.  Right now it has a A8-5500B 3.7Ghz but loads out at 3.5Ghz.  I wanna load out at 4Ghz minimum on the new upgraded chip.

Thanks

This is what HP says about it...

AMD A-Series Quad-Core processors:

• AMD A10-5800B with Radeon HD 7660D Graphics (3.8 GHz, 4MB L2 cache, 100 W)
  • AMD A8-5500B with Radeon HD 7560D Graphics (3.2 GHz, 4MB L2 cache, 65 W)

I don't think you will benefit from using an unlocked chip in a PC like this. What is your goal here? 

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

Goal is to improve performance on high cpu utilization games that sit at 100% like NFS Payback.  By increasing the clock, therefore the throughput will improve performance but mainly the hitching.  It has 20 gigabytes of ram installed and the game is sucking down like 12-14gb so we're good on ram / virtual memory commit (which is most important as for memory consumption monitoring).  

Maybe i'll just get the A10-5800B which has the base clock of 3.8Ghz & boost up to 4.2Ghz.

Edited by HeyItsChris

Is this for retro gaming? 

• Agreed 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Yes pretty much, its my friends PC & he has no money so i bought him the pc to play games on.  It has rx 550 4gb low profile running on custom bios 1250mhz core 1875mhz memory on 0.950v core voltage from 1.075v so much cooler on 75w tdp 75a tdc power limit 84c temp limit 95c shutdown limit.  Then we have the A8-5500B 3.7ghz loads out at 3.5ghz and 20gb ram, 256gb ssd for windows 11 pro & 4tb 2.5 inch sata hdd for games etc.

I'm thinking of buying the A10-5800B up to 4.2ghz boost.

42 minutes ago, HeyItsChris said:

Yes pretty much, its my friends PC & he has no money so i bought him the pc to play games on.  It has rx 550 4gb low profile running on custom bios 1250mhz core 1875mhz memory on 0.950v core voltage from 1.075v so much cooler on 75w tdp 75a tdc power limit 84c temp limit 95c shutdown limit.  Then we have the A8-5500B 3.7ghz loads out at 3.5ghz and 20gb ram, 256gb ssd for windows 11 pro & 4tb 2.5 inch sata hdd for games etc.

I'm thinking of buying the A10-5800B up to 4.2ghz boost.

If I were trying to put together something for gaming on a really tight budget, I'd probably try finding a decent used desktop on ebay. You can get an intel 6th gen desktop for like $60, 8th gen for $100. Or if there is an e-waste place near you that resells stuff, you can probably find something better than a CPU so old for dirt cheap. 

• Great Idea 1
  • Agreed 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

We're AMD fan boys and were in a facility stuck locked away so we can't do as we please in this life like you guys, we have county public administrator guardians and conservators that control our money.

Thanks on the BIOS update support for A10-6800B, you really think it'll work?

A10-6800B is too expensive and rare i'll stick with the A10-5800B as it's available in the USA and way cheaper less than $25 shipped.

So my new problem is I cannot download the BIOS update for the PC, can you upload the BIOS update here?

Do you need the serial number?

Edited by HeyItsChris

10 hours ago, HeyItsChris said:

We're AMD fan boys and were in a facility stuck locked away so we can't do as we please in this life like you guys, we have county public administrator guardians and conservators that control our money.

Thanks on the BIOS update support for A10-6800B, you really think it'll work?

A10-6800B is too expensive and rare i'll stick with the A10-5800B as it's available in the USA and way cheaper less than $25 shipped.

So my new problem is I cannot download the BIOS update for the PC, can you upload the BIOS update here?

Do you need the serial number?

yes, and does he have to have low profile, Ill donate a gtx 1060 3gb thats probably twice the performance of the 550

• Respect 1
  • Great Idea 1

Owned

CPU: 10900k
MOTHERBOARD: EVGA z490 DARK
RAM: 32GB 3600mhz G.Skill
GPU: EVGA 2080 SUPER
SSD/NVME: 970 EVO plus 1TB
CASE: Thermaltake Core x71
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-11700K