Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Saying Hello

doyll
2 Attachments

Welcome !

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Heard about EHW from Enterprise so decided to join. Hoping my background in air cooling can help others.

Hello, taking your background in air cooling as something related to designing fans?

~1900eur

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370-A
RAM: ADATA XPG Z1 32GB(2x16GB 2400C16)
PSU: Lepa MX-F1 600W
GPU: Palit StormX GTX 1060 6GB
SOUNDCARD: ASUS Xonar DGX
SSD/NVME: ADATA SX8200PRO 1TB
CPU COOLER: HyperX 212Turbo
Full Rig Info

Hello, taking your background in air cooling as something related to designing fans?

LOL No, nothing that technical.

My knowledge is more the application of airflow. Like how to setup a system so it's airflow supplies cool air to components by creating good case airflow that flows heated air flow out without mixing it (and heating) with cool air coming from intake fans. When done well we can have a nice cool and quiet system.

LOL No, nothing that technical.

My knowledge is more the application of airflow. Like how to setup a system so it's airflow supplies cool air to components by creating good case airflow that flows heated air flow out without mixing it (and heating) with cool air coming from intake fans. When done well we can have a nice cool and quiet system.

Oh well, I was just hoping that you'd be the one person that knows something more about airflow vs pressure optimization, etc than what I know and I've been able to find online, well still, I hope that we can learn from each other ;)

~1900eur

Owned

Full Rig Info

Oh well, I was just hoping that you'd be the one person that knows something more about airflow vs pressure optimization, etc than what I know and I've been able to find online, well still, I hope that we can learn from each other ;)

I might be able to help. I know of some good fans, and of course some not so good. Airflow is all about preessure differentials. Higher pressure air flows into lower pressure areas. First thing (don't now if you know or not) is fan static pressure rating is how much pressure fan and push into a sealed container at it's full speed. Now to put 1.5mm H2O rating into perspetive, it is about as much difference in pressure as we have on our waist vs on your feet when standing at sea level. 1.5mm H2O rating is almost no pressure at all, and fans need to be spinning relatively fast (1000-1500rm) to achieve 1.5mm H2O of pressure.

I might be able to help. I know of some good fans, and of course some not so good. Airflow is all about preessure differentials. Higher pressure air flows into lower pressure areas. First thing (don't now if you know or not) is fan static pressure rating is how much pressure fan and push into a sealed container at it's full speed. Now to put 1.5mm H2O rating into perspetive, it is about as much difference in pressure as we have on our waist vs on your feet when standing at sea level. 1.5mm H2O rating is almost no pressure at all, and fans need to be spinning relatively fast (1000-1500rm) to achieve 1.5mm H2O of pressure.

I know about that, fan size and RPM are linked directly, fan shape directly changes noise, airflow and pressure, I also know that airflow optimized fans(Kaze Flex comes to mind) actually are almost always rated at 1.5-2mm H20, meanwhile pressure optimized fans can do many times higher pressure(pretty much any Delta fan comes to mind here).

I myself am annoyed that people that do fan and cooler reviews have no idea what metrics they should use and use the popular crap CFM and dB, which tbf has no meaning without pressure for both airflow and sound and frequency for sound, low humming fans like Noctua are pretty inaudible even at higher dB, meanwhile something with higher frequency will be really annoying even at low dB, so dB(A) is what makes you love or hate noises coming from a fan, while most reviewers use dB and misleadingly write the dB(A). (here is a lot of good information about A-weighting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-weighting ).

~1900eur

Owned

Full Rig Info

Thanks mate!

Just tried to quote 2 replys with single reply and couldn't do it. Will report it.

On mobile or desktop is this ? Either way, we are improving this on EHW 2.0

For now, please see the guide on multi quoting here :https://extremehw.net/forum/main-forum/200-site-guide-features

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

On mobile or desktop is this ? Either way, we are improving this on EHW 2.0

For now, please see the guide on multi quoting here :https://extremehw.net/forum/main-forum/200-site-guide-features

On desktop.

Can't seem to get tutorial video to play. Tried with both Chrome & Firefox. Might be something in settings. I'm about to do a clean install (next week or so) and will try again when done. For the most part I'm liking how site works. :thumbs_thumbup:

On desktop.

Can't seem to get tutorial video to play. Tried with both Chrome & Firefox. Might be something in settings. I'm about to do a clean install (next week or so) and will try again when done. For the most part I'm liking how site works. :thumbs_thumbup:

I am glad to hear, EHW 2.0 will be bringing some nice improvements :)

As for the tutorial video, it works my end, I did note though that due to spoiler tag behavior, if you click play on YT embed, it will collapse the spoiler, just click on spoiler again and it will expand and the video will be playing :)

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

You seem to know more about it than I do.

Problems are not just lack of knowledge, but lack of conditions and equipment in which proper testing can be done.

I agree, but the main issue is, that it brings a lot of misconceptions to the mainstream market that I'd want to see eliminated, sadly up to this point I haven't found a reliable reviewer that would post all of the data.

~1900eur

Owned

Full Rig Info

I am glad to hear, EHW 2.0 will be bringing some nice improvements :)

As for the tutorial video, it works my end, I did note though that due to spoiler tag behavior, if you click play on YT embed, it will collapse the spoiler, just click on spoiler again and it will expand and the video will be playing :)

Looking forward to seeing what is changed. I need to spend more time on this version, but so far I'm liking better than most.