Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai will step down on January 20, 2021

It’s not unusual for appointees to resign when a new administration comes into power. The same thing happened four years ago when Trump won the election; serving FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler stepped down at the end of the Obama administration. His position was eventually filled by Ajit Pai, a Republican member of the FCC.

Pai’s term will likely be remembered by his controversial move to repeal net neutrality which was put in place by the Wheeler administration.

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/87783-fcc-chairman-ajit-pai-announces-intent-step-down.html

I don't think many will be sad to see him go.

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

4 minutes ago, W95CIH said:

It would be more hilarious when the current administration stays for another 4 years.

Fortunately for a lot of reasons, but tech also, that won't be happening.

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

16 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Fortunately for a lot of reasons, but tech also, that won't be happening.

Lets see how well these replies age.

I do wonder why the DOJ, FTC and others are lining up with lawsuits in regards to censorship and anti-trust starting January if the Administrations are changing. Especially if the "new incoming" administration has cabinet picks straight from Google etc...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-google-to-face-new-antitrust-suits-in-u-s-11606742163

15 minutes ago, W95CIH said:

Lets see how well these replies age.

I do wonder why the DOJ, FTC and others are lining up with lawsuits in regards to censorship and anti-trust starting January if the Administrations are changing. Especially if the "new incoming" administration has cabinet picks straight from Google etc...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-google-to-face-new-antitrust-suits-in-u-s-11606742163

I can file a lawsuit against you for whatever I want. Doesn't mean you are guilty. 

Also, your link is behind a pay wall so if you want anyone to bother to read whatever it is your getting at, try a different source.

However, without knowing the source of your info it would seem obvious to anyone with common sense that the DOJ and FTC (both organizations with leaders appointed by Trump) that they are simply doing what Trump wants them to do. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

31 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

I can file a lawsuit against you for whatever I want. Doesn't mean you are guilty. 

Also, your link is behind a pay wall so if you want anyone to bother to read whatever it is your getting at, try a different source.

However, without knowing the source of your info it would seem obvious to anyone with common sense that the DOJ and FTC (both organizations with leaders appointed by Trump) that they are simply doing what Trump wants them to do. 

Yes, and why would they do what he wants them to do if he is leaving in Jan? That was my point. (i didn't say anyone was guilty of anything btw)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/us-department-of-justice-antitrust-lawsuits-google-facebook-144659616.html

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-doj-crack-google-facebook-big-way/?ff_source=site&ff_medium=protrumpnews&ff_campaign=can

Edited by W95CIH

1 hour ago, W95CIH said:

Yes, and why would they do what he wants them to do if he is leaving in Jan? That was my point. (i didn't say anyone was guilty of anything btw)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/us-department-of-justice-antitrust-lawsuits-google-facebook-144659616.html

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-doj-crack-google-facebook-big-way/?ff_source=site&ff_medium=protrumpnews&ff_campaign=can

These lawsuits have nothing to do with Trump or politics so IDK why you're bringing it up in this context. These lawsuits are about big companies blocking competition from entering the market in unfair ways. 

And why would they do what he wants them to do? That's a dumb question. Why wouldn't they as long as he's still their boss is a better question, but since those lawsuits aren't political that wouldn't make sense  to ask either. Google and Facebook are being sued because the government believes they have engaged in anti competitive behavior to keep competitors from having a fair chance and it's just that simple. Not everything in life is filled with political drama and conspiracies. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

Whatever ones personal politics, current FCC Chairman Ajit Pai will need a good lawyer in the coming months and years 

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, UltraMega said:

These lawsuits have nothing to do with Trump or politics so IDK why you're bringing it up in this context. These lawsuits are about big companies blocking competition from entering the market in unfair ways. 

And why would they do what he wants them to do? That's a dumb question. Why wouldn't they as long as he's still their boss is a better question, but since those lawsuits aren't political that wouldn't make sense  to ask either. Google and Facebook are being sued because the government believes they have engaged in anti competitive behavior to keep competitors from having a fair chance and it's just that simple. Not everything in life is filled with political drama and conspiracies. 

First off, reread my first post. you will see where i said

4 hours ago, W95CIH said:

Especially if the "new incoming" administration has cabinet picks straight from Google etc...

Maybe you should do some of your own research i am not going to spell it out for you.

Look up whats going on with Section 230 and the current administration. It has relevance right up to the election, current admin, big tech, FCC, ETC....

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/526668-groups-urge-biden-against-putting-ex-google-head-in-cabinet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/10/15/trump-section-230-facebook-twitter-google-conservative-bias/3670858001/

7 hours ago, W95CIH said:

First off, reread my first post. you will see where i said

Maybe you should do some of your own research i am not going to spell it out for you.

Look up whats going on with Section 230 and the current administration. It has relevance right up to the election, current admin, big tech, FCC, ETC....

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/526668-groups-urge-biden-against-putting-ex-google-head-in-cabinet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/10/15/trump-section-230-facebook-twitter-google-conservative-bias/3670858001/

"Do your own research" is the mantra of people who believe everything they read online, as long as it's fake. 

Can't trust the experts or academics. Everyone is lying and only the people who read about it online for x amount of time really know what's going on! The truth is out there, and it's so poorly hidden, you can just read about it online but only in places that tell you what you already believe. All you have to do is believe whatever is good for your team and you have found the truth!

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

Just playing mediator here but lets all keep it chill. I know how these topics can end up :)

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

19 hours ago, UltraMega said:

"Do your own research" is the mantra of people who believe everything they read online, as long as it's fake. 

Can't trust the experts or academics. Everyone is lying and only the people who read about it online for x amount of time really know what's going on! The truth is out there, and it's so poorly hidden, you can just read about it online but only in places that tell you what you already believe. All you have to do is believe whatever is good for your team and you have found the truth!

I don't know what your ranting about. You are railing at me about things i mentioned in my initial first few posts. I've only tried to answer your questions which are already out there.

it's no secret the current Administration is targeting google-facebook-twitter-etc.. Via the section 230 using possibly FCC. Along with Anti-trust lawsuits incoming. " The new administration" is backed by these big tech/ social media companies, which is why i posted the Eric Schmidt as an example.

I don't know what you mean by "your team" i think you are reading way too much into it. Something you are accusing me of doing it looks like.

My original comment was more jokingly than anything. If Ajit Pai(admin change) is stepping down, it would seem these pursuits will end or be minimized until its a typical slap on the wrist to google and company.

Edited by W95CIH