Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

New TC stats system & progress

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

You better let me buy you a PC @zodac. Besides, I own the copyright to No!.

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
33 minutes ago, zodac said:

Sure, I'll take 2x 3090s please. ?

I'll be lucky to even get 1 by next month that I have on auto-notify only 1 minute and 38 seconds after the launch. I was thinking CPU/Mem/MB for you. Someone get his address please, thanks!

Owned

Full Rig Info

Review Manager
2.6k 2,585
3 hours ago, BWG said:

I'll be lucky to even get 1 by next month that I have on auto-notify only 1 minute and 38 seconds after the launch. I was thinking CPU/Mem/MB for you. Someone get his address please, thanks!

I have a z270 8700k delided or a z390 9700k I can part with if you are buying. 

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1.1k 977

You folders might be interested in some Threadrippers I saw while browsing newegg yesterday. There were some first gen 1900x for like $175, if you need the PCI lanes. The caveat, of course is that they are direct from China. I'm tempted to build a cheap TR4 rig around one.

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

Review Manager
2.6k 2,585
30 minutes ago, damric said:

You folders might be interested in some Threadrippers I saw while browsing newegg yesterday. There were some first gen 1900x for like $175, if you need the PCI lanes. The caveat, of course is that they are direct from China. I'm tempted to build a cheap TR4 rig around one.

Got 3 TR's already 2x1900x 1x2950x, what in gods name are you trying to do to me????? damn you Damric ? 

Still makes no sense, 1 Tesla M40 makes the same PPD as the 2950x and if you use all the cores, there are no lanes left for any other GPU's. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
2 hours ago, Avacado said:

I have a z270 8700k delided or a z390 9700k I can part with if you are buying. 

Maybe if I just write zodac on the box?

Owned

Full Rig Info

I was joking, I can manage with this PC. Got it back up and running, but needed to re-install Windows. I have the points from a couple of days ago, but we'll have lost the points since then, and daily points in the meantime, but it's the best I can do. Will update once site is back up.

I'm gonna work on automating some backup scripts and testing some recovery scenarios after that. 

EDIT: Site is back up now. 

Edited by zodac

So I missed something quite important when I was reworking some of my offset code the other day... like actually using the damn offsets. Fixed it now, and writing some tests to catch it if I change again. Means I've lost the stats since my last points, but I've got my daily backups working now, so I hope that's the last time we lost stats.

1.1k 977
16 hours ago, Avacado said:

Got 3 TR's already 2x1900x 1x2950x, what in gods name are you trying to do to me????? damn you Damric ? 

Still makes no sense, 1 Tesla M40 makes the same PPD as the 2950x and if you use all the cores, there are no lanes left for any other GPU's. 

I guess I will tell the story of my forum handle.

My friends and I used to play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons as teenagers back in the 90s. We had this one friends Eric, always a rules lawyer, and always trying his hardest to break the game world with some new crazy overpowered character. Like one time he bought the Psionicist Handbook and asked me like 15 minutes before game time if he could play one, of course he already had the character sheet ready to go. I would let him, and like 30 minutes into the game I would regret as everything non-psi would be super vulnerable to a psionic player. Eventually someone would say "DAMN ERIC!" and all the other players would join forces to kill him off. Then if he wasn't at the next game session, I'd troll the other players by creating an NPC called Damric (short for DAMN ERIC) that would be basically a copycat of one of Eric's last overpowered characters and hunt the party with him. Lots of PvP in my games and the most annoying players would end up in someone's portable hole or they would eat the corpse so they could not get raised.

• Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

Been away from the forum for probably two weeks-ish, but things are looking good here!

Owned

CPU: [AMD] Ryzen 9 3900X
CPU COOLER: [Cooler Master] MasterLiquid ML360R
MOTHERBOARD: [Asus] ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
RAM: [G.Skill] Trident Z 4x8 GB DDR4 3600
SSD/NVME: [Western Digital] Black 512 GB NVMe SSD
SSD/NVME 2: [Team] 4x 1 TB 2.5" SSD
HDD: [Western Digital] Black Series 3 TB HDD
GPU: [EVGA] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: [AMD] Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU COOLER: [Cooler Master] MasterLiquid ML240L
MOTHERBOARD: [MSI] MAG B550M Mortar Wifi
RAM: [G.Skill] Trident Z 4x8 GB DDR4 3200
SSD/NVME: [Crucial] P2 500 GB NVMe SSD
HDD: [Western Digital] Black Series 2 TB HDD
HDD 2: [Western Digital] Caviar Green 3 TB HDD
GPU: [EVGA] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming
Full Rig Info

1.1k 977
2 hours ago, zodac said:

So I missed something quite important when I was reworking some of my offset code the other day... like actually using the damn offsets. Fixed it now, and writing some tests to catch it if I change again. Means I've lost the stats since my last points, but I've got my daily backups working now, so I hope that's the last time we lost stats.

Give meeee points

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

The generous zodac, I've never heard that one before.. :classic_rolleyes:

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

Added monthly stats for users (not that it shows much just yet ?). I've also reworked the navbar a bit to break things up. Next up are hourly stats, then team stats should be straightforward to add.

Aside from the stats f*** up the other day, has anyone noticed any issues with their points on the daily page?

I haven't, but to be fair I hardly look just let my hardware munch away.

$1,334.62

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 3600x
MOTHERBOARD: MSI a520-m
GPU: Power Color RX 6700 xt
CASE: CoolerMaster TD500
RAM: Crucial DDR4 2x8GB
CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster AIO 240mm
KEYBOARD: CoolerMaster CK721
MOUSE: Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro
Full Rig Info

FYI everyone, I'm changing the hourly update time from xx:15 to xx:55. It means I can fit all updates for a 24hr period in a single UTC day (compared to before, where the last update was done at 12:15am the next day). Should make the hourly stats queries much simpler.

9 hours ago, tenchimuyo93 said:

I haven't, but to be fair I hardly look just let my hardware munch away.

Yeah, I figure most people just set it off and don't check. I'll just assume I did everything perfectly so. ?

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
27 minutes ago, zodac said:

FYI everyone, I'm changing the hourly update time from xx:15 to xx:55. It means I can fit all updates for a 24hr period in a single UTC day (compared to before, where the last update was done at 12:15am the next day). Should make the hourly stats queries much simpler.

Yeah, I figure most people just set it off and don't check. I'll just assume I did everything perfectly so. ?

That would have helped me reconcile better. No more unit more, unit less vs eoc.

Owned

Full Rig Info

23 minutes ago, BWG said:

That would have helped me reconcile better. No more unit more, unit less vs eoc.

Yeah, the very first version of this parsing logic was using the text files, which are published at the hour. But I'm using the API now, which is updated as soon as the WU is complete. Should have switched it earlier. Technically, I could have more frequent updates, but I think that would just be excessive. 

Hey all, nice big update coming in. I've added hourly stats for users, and hourly/daily/monthly stats for teams, all the links in the nav bar should all work now. Take a look and see how accurate it is, I'm curious about the hourly ones in particular. :)

Currently it just shows the latest day/month/year, but I'm gonna start adding the ability to select whichever date you want.

Also note, the page takes your current date, not UTC date. So if you're in a timezone with a different day, like me, the hourly page is kinda useless for a few hours. C'est la vie.

Not much left to do for the new site, next up for you guys will be:
- Team leaderboard (points diff to next team + leading team)

- Category leaderboard

Then I need to add a login page for the admin pages, but we should be all sorted after that. Any ideas for new features/improvements, let me know and I'll try work them in.

Edited by zodac
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, tictoc said:

Not sure if it's just my browsers, but the "Unmultiplied points" tooltip is showing up far from the cursor.  Runnning latest Firefox and Chromium in Linux.

Firefox:

ehwTC_users_fox.thumb.png.db88fa98b22e4aac857fa18a32a4a7c5.png

Chromium:

ehwTC_users_chromi.thumb.png.d6faffa0cbdd0550429f70a673ba4983.png

If I knew more about UIs, I'd probably be able to track down why this is happening, but I don't really have that experience. :( I might try and set the width of the table columns, maybe that would stop the tooltips from floating so much? But I'm hoping we get an actual UI person in to fix this up, since I'm sure it can be done properly.