Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

New TC stats system & progress

44 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Well, My Folding rig caught fire 2 days ago and won't power on after a Win 10 update, hows your day?

Definitely not that bad. :( 

11 minutes ago, axipher said:

I've been trying to keep up with setting up the 8000+ sub-domains you keep requesting from me...

Sounds like someone needs more work...

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1.1k 983

Well yesterday I was working on my son's friend's rig, and I really thought I was going to have to borrow parts from my folding rig, but I had a minor breakthrough troubleshooting, then today I'm out of town and hoping my folding rig doesn't catch fire while I'm gone like Avacado.

• Thanks 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

19 hours ago, damric said:

Well yesterday I was working on my son's friend's rig, and I really thought I was going to have to borrow parts from my folding rig, but I had a minor breakthrough troubleshooting, then today I'm out of town and hoping my folding rig doesn't catch fire while I'm gone like Avacado.

You can team view from your phone to your pc's.

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
On 07/06/2021 at 10:05, axipher said:

First you bullied my on OCN by pushing all the Folding Editor stuff on me, then you come here and make more work for me again...

Glad I'm not being blamed, but the real blame should be placed on Canada for letting you have internet...

GIF by The 7 Line

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, axipher said:

With our super great internet packages:
image.thumb.png.80cc40b71ed2d50c0b377528f5799ea2.png

that's not that horrible, about the same for me ?

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
MONITOR: 14" 1080p IPS 60hz @ 72hz
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

Wreck It Ralph Reaction GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

$95 for 50/10 bonded dsl lol

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
766 1,669

Just a short note here that I finally installed Docker (the Win 10 version) on my PC to work on the GUI for the folding data tracker. Going to try linking up with the Github repo tomorrow. Since I'm not familiar with this environment, taking care of updating the GUI could take a little longer than some had hoped for. We shall see. 

Folding@Home Staff
727 371
7 hours ago, zodac said:

Man, internet prices are horrible on your side. Is it actually unlimited usage, or do you get throttled eventually?

Not sure about The Pook, but mine is definitely unlimited.  Also you normally keep your IP until you reboot your router or there is a city wide internet outage.  So I've gone months on the same public IP, other times reset 2 or 3 times a week while testing website scraping for the robot detection or if I happen upon a IP that was used by someone else and is getting DDOS's or something.

• Thanks 1

766 1,669

@zodac Just an update here, Z (and anyone else who's interested). Ended up having to troubleshoot Hyper-V on my older workstation. Turns out VT-x (VT-d) was disabled in my bios. Got that resolved, Docker is now running properly (or at least it seems to be). Next up is integrating the repo.

Anyway, Winblows.

Git related question: years ago, when I last used Git, there was an app that I used to pull and push packages. Don’t remember the name, but figured out I’d ask if you had any recommendations as far as what’s best these days, keeping in mind I’m working in Win 10 running a virtualized Linux environment. A cheap, paid subscription is okay, if that helps. 

Folding@Home Staff
727 371
1 hour ago, iamjanco said:

@zodac Just an update here, Z (and anyone else who's interested). Ended up having to troubleshoot Hyper-V on my older workstation. Turns out VT-x (VT-d) was disabled in my bios. Got that resolved, Docker is now running properly (or at least it seems to be). Next up is integrating the repo.

Anyway, Winblows.

Git related question: years ago, when I last used Git, there was an app that I used to pull and push packages. Don’t remember the name, but figured out I’d ask if you had any recommendations as far as what’s best these days, keeping in mind I’m working in Win 10 running a virtualized Linux environment. A cheap, paid subscription is okay, if that helps. 

I don't have an answer to your GIT question, but Docker on Windows 10 was pretty painless for me, luckily my Dell laptop had virtualization turned on already since I use a lot of VM's for work to deal with different clients in the automation world for PLC's, so I just had to enable WSL2 and use that as the backend for Docker and it's been running pretty flawlessly.

I also did set up Docker on a Ubuntu VM through Linode to eventually put the final TC site on, going to be fun to get all those API points hooked up correctly.

766 1,669
38 minutes ago, axipher said:

I don't have an answer to your GIT question, but Docker on Windows 10 was pretty painless for me, luckily my Dell laptop had virtualization turned on already since I use a lot of VM's for work to deal with different clients in the automation world for PLC's, so I just had to enable WSL2 and use that as the backend for Docker and it's been running pretty flawlessly.

I also did set up Docker on a Ubuntu VM through Linode to eventually put the final TC site on, going to be fun to get all those API points hooked up correctly.

I actually think the Docker package for Win 10 that I installed may have done all that for me, including answering the question I asked. I'm hoping to find out soon enough:

docker-2021-06-10_8-57-07.thumb.jpg.4f0b10a44f8516b47dbf15cccde2c084.jpg

I'll worry about the api points when I get there.

10 hours ago, Avacado said:

Pop.gif.931c469a7e061195d48e40c1cd2494b5.gif

Hey, anyone taking care of UI development so I don't have to can call me what they want.

Except Canadian. That's unacceptable. 

11 hours ago, iamjanco said:

@zodacGit related question: years ago, when I last used Git, there was an app that I used to pull and push packages. Don’t remember the name, but figured out I’d ask if you had any recommendations as far as what’s best these days, keeping in mind I’m working in Win 10 running a virtualized Linux environment. A cheap, paid subscription is okay, if that helps. 

I don't know of any application, but what I do is just add some aliases in my .bashrc file, which makes pushing/pulling pretty simple. Especially since I'm not working on any other git projects, can just hardcode the URL/directory. 

Or are you looking for something more graphical? 

• Thanks 1

766 1,669
1 hour ago, zodac said:

I don't know of any application, but what I do is just add some aliases in my .bashrc file, which makes pushing/pulling pretty simple. Especially since I'm not working on any other git projects, can just hardcode the URL/directory. 

Or are you looking for something more graphical? 

NP, I'll see if I can't make due with the instance the Docker WIN 10 install set up for me. While I do have a good deal of experience using the command line (starting with UNIX way back when), my oculars aren't what they used to be what with a bit of a macular degeneration in my right eye (it's been monitored these past few years). It's sort of like experiencing a touch of F. Zappa's Nanook Rubs It without actually hearing him tell me that (I continue to maintain my sense of humor because there's not much else I can do about it unless (e.g.) Pfizer comes up with a magic injection that will fill in those holes...). 

Anyway, I've bumped up my accessibility settings a bit which does help with what were smaller texts. I'll keep reporting my progress on a regular basis.

• 3 weeks later...
Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

Cheaters! 😆 It's pretty awesome to have 2 teams win in the first 2 months. 

Owned

Full Rig Info