Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

890FX / 1100T Problems

pio
4 Attachments

Looking for a little advice from people that have ran 890FX and these 6 core Thubans.  I'm having some problems.  I thought I had things sorted out (see this thread) and everything would be easy; just like my last Phenom II build I did back in I think 2008 ish?  But yeah, I seem to be having some very odd issues with this build, and I'm left scratching my head because everything "seems" fine.

Setup information:

• ASRock 890FX Deluxe 5
  • 1100T
  • 4x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 (sticks have done 2200 stable in my 3770k)
  • Coolermaster 240mm AIO
  • eVGA 600BQ
  • Gigabyte HD7970 Windforce Rev 2.1
  • SSD + Spinner drives
  • Windows 10 (figured easiest OS to test things with)
  • Both board and GPU are now on latest beta BIOS because compatibility is dead otherwise

The problems:

1. This one's been really odd since the beginning, even before BIOS swaps.  I have absolutely zero analogue sound output.  I've done the obvious things such as triple checked BIOS settings, attempted jumpers on the front panel plug, and even tried a sound card (Xonar DG PCI).  Unless the PCI slots AND the onboard sound are dead, I just don't know (PCIe is fine, the GPU works).  If I put in the Xonar, it says there's a multimedia device in device manager, says there's no drivers.....but the drivers say there's no Xonar installed so they quit.  Onboard sound, it shows up in device manager as "HD Audio Device" or something along those lines.....but there's only the SPDIF output in the sound devices menu.
  2. Overclocking seems to be non existant.  I thought these 1100T's did 4GHz+? -_-  I'm getting lucky if I can even get 3.8GHz to run stable on this thing, and to be honest.....it hasn't actually passed stability tests yet.  Everytime I leave it to run the tests, I come back and the machine is off, and the BIOS is complaining of failure and forces UEFI defaults.  I'm not doing anything crazy (yet), just multiplier adjustments and voltage.  I'd be happy if I could get 3.8GHz with 2.6GHz CPU-NB, but even that won't run.  Seems I need roughly 1.47v for 3.8GHz or so, which is fine.  Cooling is fine.  But it shuts off at random HOURS later.  I've been trying with and without CPU-NB adjustments, and so far...my RAM is still at 1333 until I get the CPU dialed in.  I used to be a boss at Phenom II's, did I get a dud part somewhere?

The whole thing is just weird.  I'd blame the motherboard as a failure on both of these problems, but is it really?  I mean.....when its set to defaults, it seems to operate just fine.  I'm not seeing anything abnormal, it runs stress tests, it games.  Maybe a 600w PSU just isn't enough for a Thuban and a 7970?  I mean, I think it would be, I ran a 550w on my old quad with a 4890, and later on crossfire (with a 650w).

I know a lot of you guys don't have setups like this anymore, but I know a lot of you used to.  Figured somebody might have an idea. 🙂  

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

Where are you getting drivers? Are you trying the motherboard manufacturer driver for the audio? Have you tried the realtor driver? 

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

43 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

Where are you getting drivers? Are you trying the motherboard manufacturer driver for the audio? Have you tried the realtor driver? 

With the onboard sound, its just Windows generic drivers.  Nothing is missing, that's the weird thing.  I did try off ASRock's website drivers, but no change.

With the Xonar DG, I tried official Asus drivers that didn't detect the card, and I also tried custom modded drivers with the same problem.

It's also now not wanting to restart without UEFI defaults, even at stock settings.  I'm starting to think the board is faulty to some degree now.  It refuses to hold UEFI settings, and that's with a brand new, fresh, CMOS battery installed.  I'm almost thinking of buying another 990FX Sabertooth to replace it with, but this setup was SUPPOSED to be 890FX lol.  The Phenom rig I have is 790FX, and the FX 8 core is 990FX.  Grrr.

Love first time setting up new used gear, only to find faults in it.

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

Looking for a little advice from people that have ran 890FX and these 6 core Thubans.  I'm having some problems.  I thought I had things sorted out (see this thread) and everything would be easy; just like my last Phenom II build I did back in I think 2008 ish?  But yeah, I seem to be having some very odd issues with this build, and I'm left scratching my head because everything "seems" fine.

Setup information:

• ASRock 890FX Deluxe 5
  • 1100T
  • 4x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 (sticks have done 2200 stable in my 3770k)
  • Coolermaster 240mm AIO
  • eVGA 600BQ
  • Gigabyte HD7970 Windforce Rev 2.1
  • SSD + Spinner drives
  • Windows 10 (figured easiest OS to test things with)
  • Both board and GPU are now on latest beta BIOS because compatibility is dead otherwise

The problems:

1. This one's been really odd since the beginning, even before BIOS swaps.  I have absolutely zero analogue sound output.  I've done the obvious things such as triple checked BIOS settings, attempted jumpers on the front panel plug, and even tried a sound card (Xonar DG PCI).  Unless the PCI slots AND the onboard sound are dead, I just don't know (PCIe is fine, the GPU works).  If I put in the Xonar, it says there's a multimedia device in device manager, says there's no drivers.....but the drivers say there's no Xonar installed so they quit.  Onboard sound, it shows up in device manager as "HD Audio Device" or something along those lines.....but there's only the SPDIF output in the sound devices menu.
  2. Overclocking seems to be non existant.  I thought these 1100T's did 4GHz+? -_-  I'm getting lucky if I can even get 3.8GHz to run stable on this thing, and to be honest.....it hasn't actually passed stability tests yet.  Everytime I leave it to run the tests, I come back and the machine is off, and the BIOS is complaining of failure and forces UEFI defaults.  I'm not doing anything crazy (yet), just multiplier adjustments and voltage.  I'd be happy if I could get 3.8GHz with 2.6GHz CPU-NB, but even that won't run.  Seems I need roughly 1.47v for 3.8GHz or so, which is fine.  Cooling is fine.  But it shuts off at random HOURS later.  I've been trying with and without CPU-NB adjustments, and so far...my RAM is still at 1333 until I get the CPU dialed in.  I used to be a boss at Phenom II's, did I get a dud part somewhere?

The whole thing is just weird.  I'd blame the motherboard as a failure on both of these problems, but is it really?  I mean.....when its set to defaults, it seems to operate just fine.  I'm not seeing anything abnormal, it runs stress tests, it games.  Maybe a 600w PSU just isn't enough for a Thuban and a 7970?  I mean, I think it would be, I ran a 550w on my old quad with a 4890, and later on crossfire (with a 650w).

I know a lot of you guys don't have setups like this anymore, but I know a lot of you used to.  Figured somebody might have an idea. 🙂  

2 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

With the onboard sound, its just Windows generic drivers.  Nothing is missing, that's the weird thing.  I did try off ASRock's website drivers, but no change.

With the Xonar DG, I tried official Asus drivers that didn't detect the card, and I also tried custom modded drivers with the same problem.

It's also now not wanting to restart without UEFI defaults, even at stock settings.  I'm starting to think the board is faulty to some degree now.  It refuses to hold UEFI settings, and that's with a brand new, fresh, CMOS battery installed.  I'm almost thinking of buying another 990FX Sabertooth to replace it with, but this setup was SUPPOSED to be 890FX lol.  The Phenom rig I have is 790FX, and the FX 8 core is 990FX.  Grrr.

Love first time setting up new used gear, only to find faults in it.

With respect to the Audio issues. Where you at all overclocked ? I know that if you do not lock the clock to 100Mhz, it can mess with PCI devices, not sure if the same can be said for onboard related devices. It could explain the audio issue.  

Have you tried a fresh Windows install and allow windows to install its own default driver for either of the audio devices ? 

So far as the BIOS refusing to save settings, I have in the past come across this either because there is a hard fault with the motherboard (recently had that with the Asrock X570 Phantom) or this can be due to a motherboard disliking something on POST, usually speaking the culprit is the RAM. Can you try another kit, possibly even just one DIMM ? 

I say one DIMM as you can test it in each mobo RAM slot to see if you have one or more dodgy slots that either need a clean or are just straight up gone bad. 

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

12 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

With respect to the Audio issues. Where you at all overclocked ? I know that if you do not lock the clock to 100Mhz, it can mess with PCI devices, not sure if the same can be said for onboard related devices. It could explain the audio issue.  

Have you tried a fresh Windows install and allow windows to install its own default driver for either of the audio devices ? 

So far as the BIOS refusing to save settings, I have in the past come across this either because there is a hard fault with the motherboard (recently had that with the Asrock X570 Phantom) or this can be due to a motherboard disliking something on POST, usually speaking the culprit is the RAM. Can you try another kit, possibly even just one DIMM ? 

I say one DIMM as you can test it in each mobo RAM slot to see if you have one or more dodgy slots that either need a clean or are just straight up gone bad. 

Audio issues, this happens no matter what, even at stock.  All auto / defaults there's no audio with either onboard or the PCI card.  I have not tested the PCI card elsewhere, but its odd because the card looks brand new and relatively basic for components.  But yes, when I am overclocking (or attempting to), its multi only for the moment.  Pretty basic, CPU clocks only so far.

I have tried several fresh installs.  Everytime it screws up on a restart and reverts to default UEFI settings, I have to reinstall as it says no boot device, even though its set correctly and screws up Windows (SSD is perfectly fine, was pulled from my previous gaming rig actually).

I can try going down to 1 or 2 sticks of RAM.  Hadn't thought of that, figured downclocking it to 1333 (2200 stable kit) and really bad timings with stock 1.65v would suffice.  CPU-NB is set to stock 2GHz and I have tried upping CPU-NB voltage as high as 1.45v (stock 1.15v).  Doesn't matter, doesn't change the outcome for any of these odd issues (the CPU-NB).  I was attempting at the beginning to get 1600 RAM speeds and 2.8GHz CPU-NB to run (should be easy), but after a lot of failed attempts figured I'd try one thing at a time and went for CPU clocks first.

Considering its now completely losing UEFI settings at bone stock, all auto, with a simple Windows restart almost everytime now....I'm leaning more towards bad motherboard somehow.  It'd explain non working PCI slot (Southbridge instead of PCIe which is Northbridge), and it'd explain the non working onboard audio, as that's also southbridge.  I'll bet a failing southbridge would also cause a CMOS / UEFI problem on POST.

I think the southbridge on this board is screwed. -_-  That'd cause literally all of this now that I really sit down and think about it.

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

Audio issues, this happens no matter what, even at stock.  All auto / defaults there's no audio with either onboard or the PCI card.  I have not tested the PCI card elsewhere, but its odd because the card looks brand new and relatively basic for components.  But yes, when I am overclocking (or attempting to), its multi only for the moment.  Pretty basic, CPU clocks only so far.

I have tried several fresh installs.  Everytime it screws up on a restart and reverts to default UEFI settings, I have to reinstall as it says no boot device, even though its set correctly and screws up Windows (SSD is perfectly fine, was pulled from my previous gaming rig actually).

I can try going down to 1 or 2 sticks of RAM.  Hadn't thought of that, figured downclocking it to 1333 (2200 stable kit) and really bad timings with stock 1.65v would suffice.  CPU-NB is set to stock 2GHz and I have tried upping CPU-NB voltage as high as 1.45v (stock 1.15v).  Doesn't matter, doesn't change the outcome for any of these odd issues (the CPU-NB).  I was attempting at the beginning to get 1600 RAM speeds and 2.8GHz CPU-NB to run (should be easy), but after a lot of failed attempts figured I'd try one thing at a time and went for CPU clocks first.

Considering its now completely losing UEFI settings at bone stock, all auto, with a simple Windows restart almost everytime now....I'm leaning more towards bad motherboard somehow.  It'd explain the onboard audio outputs failing, it'd explain the non working PCI slot (Southbridge instead of PCIe which is Northbridge), and it'd explain the non working onboard audio, as that's also southbridge.

I think the southbridge on this board is screwed. -_-  That'd cause literally all of this now that I really sit down and think about it.

Hmmm that is odd. I am not sure off the top of my head what else you can try. Just out of interest have you tried setting all your BIOS to defaults (even though it sounds like it does that for you) and load into memtest and just test the memory. If the memory or other memories you try are failing in memtest, then you are looking at a larger fault. Likely memory controller or other factor...either way it would be new mobo time.

I only suggest this as with even my new or second hand purchased rigs, I set everything to default and will run memtest to test the memory and check for any memory controller faults, which is this day and age would point to bad ram, bad mem slot, bad memory controller or simply a CPU that needs re-seating. 

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

17 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Hmmm that is odd. I am not sure off the top of my head what else you can try. Just out of interest have you tried setting all your BIOS to defaults (even though it sounds like it does that for you) and load into memtest and just test the memory. If the memory or other memories you try are failing in memtest, then you are looking at a larger fault. Likely memory controller or other factor...either way it would be new mobo time.

I only suggest this as with even my new or second hand purchased rigs, I set everything to default and will run memtest to test the memory and check for any memory controller faults, which is this day and age would point to bad ram, bad mem slot, bad memory controller or simply a CPU that needs re-seating. 

Well, there's one way to find out.  Since this whole rig is having problems, I can try the Thuban in my existing 990FX Sabertooth build.  If that passes (even at stock), I can swap the RAM out and test that with the Sabertooth and Thuban.  Kind of rule everything out.  That's going to require disassembling that mess I made doing push / pull on the Sabertooth's radiator though.

Hmmm.  This might be the next logical step.  The next throw money at it step I think is motherboard at this point.  I need to check my junk and see if I have a stock clip on cooler for AM2 / AM3 laying around.  I might go ahead and test it if I don't have to mess with the AIO too much.  I know the Sabertooth board is absolutely rock solid, and I know the 2x8GB kit of RAM on it is rock stable at 1866.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

53 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

Well, there's one way to find out.  Since this whole rig is having problems, I can try the Thuban in my existing 990FX Sabertooth build.  If that passes (even at stock), I can swap the RAM out and test that with the Sabertooth and Thuban.  Kind of rule everything out.  That's going to require disassembling that mess I made doing push / pull on the Sabertooth's radiator though.

Hmmm.  This might be the next logical step.  The next throw money at it step I think is motherboard at this point.  I need to check my junk and see if I have a stock clip on cooler for AM2 / AM3 laying around.  I might go ahead and test it if I don't have to mess with the AIO too much.  I know the Sabertooth board is absolutely rock solid, and I know the 2x8GB kit of RAM on it is rock stable at 1866.

Or that would work ! Good luck.

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Probably wont make any difference, but you may want to try the actual realtek driver instead of the mobo driver for your onboard audio. This is the right driver for your mobo:

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Still going to CPU swap the Thuban into my Sabertooth board to see if the CPU is any good and to rule out my 890FX motherboard.  Just waiting on payday so I can order a stock cooler for it.  I have not forgotten, just don't have a clip on style air cooler to use for testing.  The AIO that's on my Sabertooth is a royal pain to remove and reinstall, and I really don't feel like screwing with it for testing of a different CPU in the system.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

28 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

Still going to CPU swap the Thuban into my Sabertooth board to see if the CPU is any good and to rule out my 890FX motherboard.  Just waiting on payday so I can order a stock cooler for it.  I have not forgotten, just don't have a clip on style air cooler to use for testing.  The AIO that's on my Sabertooth is a royal pain to remove and reinstall, and I really don't feel like screwing with it for testing of a different CPU in the system.

I'm looking forward to finding out which is the culprit lol. Money is still on the mobo.

• Thanks 2

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

As expected, I have the 1100T installed in my 990FX Sabertooth now.  I got tired of waiting for payday and just dealt with the AIO. :rolleyes:

It's running stable enough to install Windows, reboot several times during the process, and there's audio.  All PCI and PCIe devices are working too.

Stress testing a simple 3.8GHz, 1.40v on it now.  Seems a LOT more stable than it was in the 890FX.  I couldn't even get 3.6GHz to run for 5 minutes, and I'm 15 minutes in at the above clocks.  Looks like I'm after another new motherboard. -_-  There's a combo on ebay I'm eying right now, Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB motherboard with a 1090T.  Bidding on it is cheap right now, half of what I paid just for this 1100T.  Crossing my fingers.....if not, maybe I'll just buy another Sabertooth lol.

Definitely was the motherboard, it wouldn't have gotten even this far in the old one.  Haven't tried the RAM out yet, but I'll swap that out after a few hours just to make sure.  This same RAM kit was rock solid at DDR3-2200 with my Ivy Bridge rig I had before, so it should be perfectly fine still.

Edited by pioneerisloud
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

19 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

As expected, I have the 1100T installed in my 990FX Sabertooth now.  I got tired of waiting for payday and just dealt with the AIO. :rolleyes:

It's running stable enough to install Windows, reboot several times during the process, and there's audio.  All PCI and PCIe devices are working too.

Stress testing a simple 3.8GHz, 1.40v on it now.  Seems a LOT more stable than it was in the 890FX.  I couldn't even get 3.6GHz to run for 5 minutes, and I'm 15 minutes in at the above clocks.  Looks like I'm after another new motherboard. -_-  There's a combo on ebay I'm eying right now, Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB motherboard with a 1090T.  Bidding on it is cheap right now, half of what I paid just for this 1100T.  Crossing my fingers.....if not, maybe I'll just buy another Sabertooth lol.

Definitely was the motherboard, it wouldn't have gotten even this far in the old one.  Haven't tried the RAM out yet, but I'll swap that out after a few hours just to make sure.  This same RAM kit was rock solid at DDR3-2200 with my Ivy Bridge rig I had before, so it should be perfectly fine still.

Gonna put that fan controller in this one? 

Once you get this all set, we should try to get a game of F.E.A.R. combat going! I'd get way into that retro vibe. 

Looking forward to seeing the finale. 

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

54 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

Gonna put that fan controller in this one? 

Once you get this all set, we should try to get a game of F.E.A.R. combat going! I'd get way into that retro vibe. 

Looking forward to seeing the finale. 

I've got an ATI Radeon 9800XT with a Thermaltake jet engine type cooler strapped to it.  It's going to be paired with a T-Bird 1.1GHz Athlon, 512MB of PC133 SD RAM, and several turbine sounding 80mm fans in that Chieftec Dragon case.  The case is beige though, so it might go with the other Socket A rig instead which is in a black case.  I have a manual fan controller on a PCI bracket I can tame the 9800XT down with if need be.  Either way, it'll be getting featured soon in my build log.  Have a couple unexpected bumps get in the way first.  But that's for my build log thread. 😉

Update ish on this actual thread and its problem:
Stress testing the 1100T at 4 gigglehurts, 1.45v, no problems so far 30 minutes in.  With all 4 sticks of the RAM intended for use with it (at 1333 but whatever).  It wouldn't even boot at 4GHz in the 890FX board, heck it barely wanted to run at stock 3.3GHz.

So yeah, most definitely the motherboard.  1100T and 4x4GB of RAM kit is fine.

EDIT:
One hour stable at 4GHz with all 4 sticks of RAM from the 890FX board.  Yeah, the board was toast.  Calling it a night and "done" now.  Ordering a new AM3 board.

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Nice ! Glad you solved it, shame it was a dud motherboard but I think we all came to that conclusion fairly quickly. Good to see you can now go onwards and upwards.

I think this thread should include benches for each retro system 😛

• Thanks 2

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

20 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Nice ! Glad you solved it, shame it was a dud motherboard but I think we all came to that conclusion fairly quickly. Good to see you can now go onwards and upwards.

I think this thread should include benches for each retro system 😛

Once I iron out all the problems I'll post benches in the build log thread, no worries. 🙂  So far, I've only got 2 functional retro systems so still got a ways to go.  Glad the rest of the parts have all tested to be good so far though.  I should hopefully have them all done by end of the year at this pace.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Nice ! This is when suddenly they out perform my rig and the conspiracy will begin. 

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 6 months later...
22 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Good to see people are still running these older processors.

The Phenom II is still my favorite silicon, by far.

Were you able to get to 2.8 or 3.0 on the cpu nb?  

I believe I switched the motherboard out for a 990FX board, and that fixed it.  The CPU is rock solid stable at 4.1GHz CPU and 3.0GHz CPU-NB clocks.  RAM is at DDR3-1750 at 8-9-8-24-2T I believe.  Been a while since I pulled this machine off the shelf to play with since its done.  I think I'm still missing a sound card to be 110% done with it, but its done enough as is.

Edited by pioneerisloud
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info