Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

CES Intel: New 12th gen CPUs, 5.5ghz boost, No new GPU news

UltraMega

Intel: 12th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor Family Additions and New Platform Options

With the introduction of the full 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processor lineup, the 12th Gen Intel Core processor family also represents the company’s most scalable lineup to date, powering designs across consumer, enterprise, the Internet of Things (IoT) and other applications.

Today, 22 new processors join the 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processor family and range from Intel Core i9 to Pentium and Celeron. These processors (65-watt and 35-watt) deliver scalable power and great performance for gaming, creation, and productivity. Intel also introduced new Intel® Laminar Coolers that accompany the new 65-watt processors.

In addition, Intel introduced the new Intel H670, H610 and B660 chipsets that will support broad consumer processors. The new chipset options deliver many of the great Z-series platform capabilities, like PCIe 4.0 lanes, integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and Intel Volume Management Device (VMD) – as well as support for memory and processor overclocking.

Intel: 12th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor Family Additions and New Platform Options (guru3d.com)

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

Introducing 12th Gen Intel Core Mobile Processors

Intel announced the world’s fastest mobile processor, bringing its performance hybrid architecture to mobile platforms for the first time with new 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors that are up to 40 percent faster than the previous generation mobile processor.

Intel continues its introduction of industry-leading mobile performance with the launch of all-new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors led by the Intel Core i9-12900HK – not only the world’s best mobile gaming platform, but also the fastest mobile processor ever created.

Introducing 12th Gen Intel Core Mobile Processors (guru3d.com)

Owned

Full Rig Info

Intel Demonstrates Core i9 12900KS Alder Lake CPU With 5.5 GHz Boost Frequency

On Twitter intel has been showing an Alder Lake processor with a 5.5 GHz boost frequency.

Although the chipmaker did not release the precise model of the chip, the numbers correspond to the Core i9-speculated 12900KS's characteristics.

While the Core i9-12900K is already one of the best CPUs available, the Core i9-12900KS will undoubtedly outperform it. The former has a maximum boost clock of 5 GHz across all cores, however, this value changes depending on the workload. The Core i9-12900KS launches with a 4% faster boost frequency than the current Alder Lake flagship.

What's intriguing about Intel's tweet is that it implies that the chipmaker hasn't done tuning the chip and that 5.5 GHz is the next target. While it would not be silly to opt for a 5.5 GHz all-core boost frequency, the processor will require considerable cooling, such as the thermoelectric CPU coolers introduced with Rocket Lake. Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 enables the Core i9-12900K to reach 5.2 GHz. However, Intel's screenshot indicates that the Core i9-12900K runs at 5.5 GHz with ease. This is about 6% increase.

The Core i9-12900KS will be identical to the Core i9-12900K except for the increased clock speeds and increased power consumption. It will retain a total of 16 cores, eight of which will be Golden Cove cores and eight of which will be Gracemont cores. While the Alder Lake processor will fit into the LGA1700 socket, motherboards will almost certainly need to be updated to accommodate the Core i9-12900KS.

The Core i9-12900KS is expected to launch in the first quarter of this year, although the actual date and price remain unknown.

Intel Demonstrates Core i9 12900KS Alder Lake CPU With 5.5 GHz Boost Frequency (guru3d.com)

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

• UltraMega changed the title to CES Intel: New 12th gen CPUs, 5.5ghz boost, No new GPU news
1 hour ago, UltraMega said:

Yea, they lost me here. They can't be serious.

"While the Alder Lake processor will fit into the LGA1700 socket, motherboards will almost certainly need to be updated to accommodate the Core i9-12900KS."

1 hour ago, Avacado said:

Yea, they lost me here. They can't be serious.

"While the Alder Lake processor will fit into the LGA1700 socket, motherboards will almost certainly need to be updated to accommodate the Core i9-12900KS."

wouldn't be that surprised with Intel being Intel, but pretty sure "motherboards will need to be updated" = "you need a BIOS update", not "you need a new motherboard" 🙃

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v