Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Forums first comp: CPUz Benchmark

On 07/01/2022 at 10:47, Sir Beregond said:

Hmm might have to pull out my old X58/i7-960 parts and throw them together on a table, though will have to find a drive for it, so maybe not.

Go for it!

Leaderboard updated...

rev2

I just noticed the ranking is off i will fix that next revision.

Edited by Storm-Chaser

On 06/01/2022 at 23:36, pioneerisloud said:

Alright alright, I'll go ahead and run another rig. :wheee:

FX 8350 @ 4.8GHz (this is my 24/7 stable OC)

4x4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1750, 9-10-9-28-2T

NB and HT @ 2.63GHz

I've still got older stuff I can pull out with stable overclocks.  I MIGHT also be able to get some suicide runs in, but I've got like 4 rigs I'm building this month......sooooooo maybe not. :lachen:

cpuz.jpg.f40f023a4397b5358ab8203f2235c217.jpg

EDIT:
Okay, so this is ALREADY in last place.  So I won't bother with anything older unless somebody can get a worse score than this and bump me up out of last place.

A race towards last place you say? Bet you'll have trouble with this one (unless you get one of those old Athlons to boot W7/W10) 😁

4c/4t Intel Atom (Baytrail) z3735F ~1.58GHz, a solid single thread score of 29.3 and unbelievable multi thread score of 116.3.

This is a tablet with the charger disconnected for extra low power. As horrible as this tablet is, I used to actually play League of Legends in between and perhaps during classes while in college 😀

ehw-baytrail-cpu-z.png

Edited by SamsTechStuff
  • Thanks 3
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 3900XT
Full Rig Info

11 minutes ago, SamsTechStuff said:

4c/4t Intel Atom (Baytrail) z3735F ~1.58GHz, a solid single thread score of 29.3 and unbelievable multi thread score of 116.3.

You running a chiller or liquid nitrogen? That score especially multi-core is incredible! 😅

13 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

You running a chiller or liquid nitrogen? That score especially multi-core is incredible! 😅

You cant see the pot but its back there for sure!

20220109_190159.jpg

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 3900XT
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Go for it!

Leaderboard updated...

rev2

I just noticed the ranking is off i will fix that next revision.

Also forgot I have a KF not a K. And you updated my multi, but not my single core speed on that second run. :sad_cry:

5 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Also forgot I have a KF not a K. And you updated my multi, but not my single core speed on that second run. :sad_cry:

Yeah that KF thing seems to have resurfaced because I used the same template as the last benchmark comp. So long as you keep me in line we will stay on the right track. or hope to at least. lol

digging through my old hard drives to see if I can find a screenshot of my Phenom II hexacore running through this.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tictoc said:

I have a few that stick open and one with a slow drip, which is why I currently don't have any on the main bench.   Using CPC QDC's on my main machine and on the testing bench, and they have performed flawlessly. 

8 hours ago, Avacado said:

That is really disenhertning to hear. How old are they?

6 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

Good thing you folks brought that up - it solved a mystery for me 😊...

I use the QD4s, and I recently had one of the female ends' valve stuck open (still is, per pic below). Said QD was from ~2013 but had always worked great, like all the other Koolance QDs I have. In its defense, I opened it all up because I noticed that that particular loop's liquid was getting 'milky' in the reservoir for a Threadripper CPU loop - upon further inspection and taking everything apart, the micro-fin plate inside the nickel-copper Heatkiller IV Pro had started to lose its nickel plating (!😡!) and particulates had built up right where the QD4 in question was connected to the tubing. Likely, the nickel particulates that floated in the loop at least contributed to the QD4 getting stuck...

As to the mystery, I couldn't find the relevant o-ring...I had lost one once before so no spares and I looked everywhere, including inside the QD...but it wasn't until I used the stronger camera flash just now that I found the o-ring > stuck inside & hiding...🤣

I also have a pile (16+) of Swiftech QDs for almost a decade now...never had one of those stuck open, but they're much less substantial and ALWAYS leak when opened up in a filled loop. For now at least, Koolance QDs are still my go-to...

QD4FmStuck.jpg.075ee23a8676290381ecfefe6c70d373.jpg

I am frequently disturbing things and need QD fittings. They make everything so easy. Using the ball valve is cheap insurance and I no longer need to care if one sticks open. It is inconsequential with the valve, and I can still enjoy the convenience of the QD.

Edited by Mr. Fox

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info

12 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

I will get the slo mo leaderboard up tomorrow 😜

...I'm ready !

abacus.jpg.1a0f50fac690dbe3351ce804fa3905d2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

6 hours ago, SamsTechStuff said:

5600x 1.356v 4.7ghz all core. I didn't spend much time optimizing or really finding the limit but this has been working quite well. 

ehw-5600x-47multi.PNG

Nice! This is going to be my next build. I don't know anything about AMD Zen 3 overclocking, but looking forward to playing around with it.

EDIT: Played around to see if I could get more out of my 4790k. Bumped the voltage up to 1.35v and kept freezing or bluescreening at 4.7GHz, but was fine at 4.6GHz. Not sure what the maximum voltage this chip will take off the top of my head, so going to leave it there, don't feel like going higher. Seeing how other's could get 4.7, 4.8 on less voltage, guessing I don't have the best sample. Oh well. Same as last run, synced all core.

CPUZCapture4.JPG.cec78c29ef061ad129615040d1f399ba.JPG

Edited by Sir Beregond
  • Thanks 4

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

33 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

Nice! This is going to be my next build. I don't know anything about AMD Zen 3 overclocking, but looking forward to playing around with it.

EDIT: Played around to see if I could get more out of my 4790k. Bumped the voltage up to 1.35v and kept freezing or bluescreening at 4.7GHz, but was fine at 4.6GHz. Not sure what the maximum voltage this chip will take off the top of my head, so going to leave it there, don't feel like going higher. Seeing how other's could get 4.7, 4.8 on less voltage, guessing I don't have the best sample. Oh well. Same as last run, synced all core.

CPUZCapture4.JPG.cec78c29ef061ad129615040d1f399ba.JPG

Nice single-core ! 

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, J7SC_Orion said:

...I'm ready !

I really did laugh out loud at your previous reply. 

I still see a sort issue with submissions 10-11 on the excel spreadsheet leaderboard. I will get that sorted out tomorrow. Pun intended.

I have some excellent screenshots of some of my old hardware running this test. Problem is my old NAS power supply is toast, and since it's in a raid 1 I cant just swap the HD over to my PC and read it.

I take it tictoc's 3960X would be at the front of the line if it were not for the bug / limited CPU usage thing that he mentioned?!

I don't see any 8c/16t CPUs in the list yet...

My rig is pretty much just for gaming/entertainment. 

Screenshot 2022-01-09 223345.png

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 2

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

8 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

I had some Koolance quick-disconnects from maybe 2011-2012. For the most part they worked alright, but over time they would allow a little too much water out when disconnecting. I don't remember what model specifically, but were probably QD2's of some sort.

For my current liquid cooled rig (9600KF) I found that building in a tool-less design with the radiators themselves can be helpful when you have to constantly go back into the loop to perform maintenance or upgrades / modifications, etc. I have about 1000mm of standard radiator cooling in this rig (plus a 60 plate liquid to liquid heat exchanger for the chiller), which is plenty for a hexacore like this, but for benching, especially cold weather stuff, I like the ease of use to disassemble / assemble the cooling system..  it's always a whole lot easier if you can set the other radiators out of the way for a minute. . This is because all the radiators are tension fit and can be pulled completely out of the case before you have to disconnect them. Now it's not earthquake rated but it could probably fair better than the Fukushima Daichi nuclear power plant did!

Point being I can remove the radiators from the case itself, the rads I want to work on easily, tilt the case on it's side and then even if I spill something it's not going to leak on the motherboard. I left the lines long enough to do this, and while it's still a PITA and can lead to a mess on occasion, it's much better than having all your rads bolted into place, because then you are at the mercy of their location within the case and whether you are feeling lucky that day. I also use a small vice grip to eliminate or mitigate the leak once I disconnect a line. Anyway, just thought I would share want's been working out ok for me so far.

here is a picture and you can see both the 360mm on the bottom and the 240mm above it both have a tension fit, making it very easy to work on the cooling system itself by removing the rad from the rig before disconnecting the lines. You think 3 pumps and two reservoirs here is a little overkill? lol you can never have enough flow! All the radiators come out of the rig in less than one minute.

Purple Television set Entertainment Flat panel display Gadget

IMG-20211203-213144662

46 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

I still see a sort issue with submissions 10-11 on the excel spreadsheet leaderboard. I will get that sorted out tomorrow. Pun intended.

I have some excellent screenshots of some of my old hardware running this test. Problem is my old NAS power supply is toast, and since it's in a raid 1 I cant just swap the HD over to my PC and read it.

I take it tictoc's 3960X would be at the front of the line if it were not for the bug / limited CPU usage thing that he mentioned?!

...What I really would like to see is a latest version of the fastest AMD dual-Epyc server with 128c/256t / Ryzen 5k architecture 😛

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

...What I really would like to see is a latest version of the fastest AMD dual-Epyc server with 128c/256t / Ryzen 5k architecture 😛

I think we would have to come up with a new word for the English language because ludicrous isn't going to cut it. 

37 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

For my current liquid cooled rig (9600KF) I found that building in a tool-less design with the radiators themselves can be helpful when you have to constantly go back into the loop to perform maintenance or upgrades / modifications, etc. I have about 1000mm of standard radiator cooling in this rig (plus a 60 plate liquid to liquid heat exchanger for the chiller), which is plenty for a hexacore like this, but for benching, especially cold weather stuff, I like the ease of use to disassemble / assemble the cooling system..  it's always a whole lot easier if you can set the other radiators out of the way for a minute. . This is because all the radiators are tension fit and can be pulled completely out of the case before you have to disconnect them. Now it's not earthquake rated but it could probably fair better than the Fukushima Daichi nuclear power plant did!

Point being I can remove the radiators from the case itself, the rads I want to work on easily, tilt the case on it's side and then even if I spill something it's not going to leak on the motherboard. I left the lines long enough to do this, and while it's still a PITA and can lead to a mess on occasion, it's much better than having all your rads bolted into place, because then you are at the mercy of their location within the case and whether you are feeling lucky that day. I also use a small vice grip to eliminate or mitigate the leak once I disconnect a line. Anyway, just thought I would share want's been working out ok for me so far.

here is a picture and you can see both the 360mm on the bottom and the 240mm above it both have a tension fit, making it very easy to work on the cooling system itself by removing the rad from the rig before disconnecting the lines. You think 3 pumps and two reservoirs here is a little overkill? lol you can never have enough flow! All the radiators come out of the rig in less than one minute.

Purple Television set Entertainment Flat panel display Gadget

IMG-20211203-213144662

Is that an octopus in there? Love it!

I stopped using quick disconnects as I just don't swap out parts much at all these days. Case in point, current rig is turning 7 year old now (minus the case swap, hence the too small for it rads). As for maintenance, I just make sure I have drain ports available.

Edit: Ok, seeing that 3700X posted, I'm a little shocked that my 4790k OC'd single core score seems to match Zen 2 single core. I mean, the thing is from 2014.

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, Sir Beregond said:

Is that an octopus in there? Love it!

I stopped using quick disconnects as I just don't swap out parts much at all these days. Case in point, current rig is turning 7 year old now (minus the case swap, hence the too small for it rads). As for maintenance, I just make sure I have drain ports available.

Edit: Ok, seeing that 3700X posted, I'm a little shocked that my 4790k OC'd single core score seems to match Zen 2 single core. I mean, the thing is from 2014.

I was a little surprised by that too. I had a 7700k before this and even OCed to 5ghz didn't bring the single core up much past 500. I think it got to ~540. Somewhere around the 500-550 mark seems to have been where gaming CPUs landed for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Very nice. Can you please include a snip of the first CPUz tab as well, that shows all your CPU specs? Thank you. Then I can get you added tomorrow.

Sure I can do that but my CPU is just at stock so there isn't much to see. 

Edit:

Screenshot 2022-01-09 223345.png

Screenshot 2022-01-10 010647.png

Screenshot 2022-01-10 010719.png

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

8 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Maybe I'll boot into Windows later and do a proper run, but here's an unoptimized Windows 10 VM, running on a mostly idle host.

cpu-z_vm1.thumb.png.d0ef3f351f7bcfd60625c631f1cbd709.png

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, tictoc said:

Maybe I'll boot into Windows later and do a proper run, but here's an unoptimized Windows 10 VM, running on a mostly idle host.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you got in here to flex on us peons. 💪

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2022 at 02:09, Storm-Chaser said:

Oh its on. My HP laptop from a decade ago is going to be hard to beat. It takes almost 5 minutes just to boot windows! And that's a fresh install

lol

All right gentlemen,I guess I have to fire up the dell dimension 3100 running win10 with the P4 and 3Gb of ram for the slowest test result.... 🤔

Heres the results, looks like it's gonna take an athlon Xp or a Duron to knock me outta last place! 🤣

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

lol, Microsoft wants me to ck to see if I can run Windows 11!

Screenshot_7.jpg

Edited by schuck6566
added details
  • Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

1 hour ago, tictoc said:

Oh how did you not beat my 4790k OC single threaded score? I am really shocked.

But as for multi-core....niiiiiice.

Edit: Work computer has weird auto-corrects. Hopefully sentences make sense now...

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, tictoc said:

Nice ! - and in 'proper' windows (w/o VM?), this seems to be where your 3960X could land:

CPUzbench3960x.jpg.77b54be465d9f60b51f0c23a1c960584.jpg

• Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info