Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

EVGA GTX 980 KPE vBIOS modding adventure

Avacado

I scored one of 3 EVGA GTX 980 KPE's off of OCN and would like to document my adventure vBIOS modifying the card to greatness for HWBot purposes. Now this is a highly used card on HWBot and most of the top 3 are on LN2/DICE which I can't compete with. I will attempt to test the limits of voltage and wattage within the constraints of a watercooling environment. The likelihood of me destroying this card is very high. That is a risk I am willing to take.  

This is the card in question:

20220102_153220.thumb.jpg.1fbbe39313ffd2a0707bf2ab88525c5e.jpg

Software needed:

NVIDIA Drivers - 497.29

Maxwell BIOS Tweaker - v1.36

DDU - v18.0.4.7

GPUz - v2.43.0

CPUz - v1.99

Precision X1 - v1.3.0.0

Test System:

CPU - 12900KF @AI OC tuner settings 1.45v  max. 

MOBO - ASUS z690-A

RAM - 32GB G.Skill DDR5 5600 @XMP 36-36-36-76 2T

PSU - Super Flower 1000w Leadex

GPU WB - EK 

CPU WB - Optimus Sig v2.0

RADs - Acool 2x 480

This card is based on the Maxwell 2.0 architecture. It has 2x8 pin + 1x6 pin PCI-e power connectors. This gives the card a theoretical maximum of 450w. The skinny on the rest of the specifications can be found HERE

Preliminary benches and clocks:

Basline.thumb.png.580964d3011f7b2f95aa357727f59e23.png

Bone stock 100% Power target in X1 we scored 58715 in Cloudgate. That is good enough for #11 in the world on HWBot stock. Maxed clock at 1442.8MHz, VRAM 1752.8MHz. The card only drew 156.2w max @ 1.200v only hitting 52.1% of TDP. These last three stats are what we are going to be focusing on.

Stock.thumb.png.ff7e28ab4402cdc765dceaaf580b263b.png

11th.thumb.png.8164bbeccc1b4ef35d8b9e2279d0f81c.png

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Avacado said:

I scored one of 3 EVGA GTX 980 KPE's off of OCN and would like to document my adventure vBIOS modifying the card to greatness for HWBot purposes. Now this is a highly used card on HWBot and most of the top 3 are on LN2/DICE which I can't compete with. I will attempt to test the limits of voltage and wattage within the constraints of a watercooling environment. The likelihood of me destroying this card is very high. That is a risk I am willing to take.  

This is the card in question:

20220102_153220.thumb.jpg.1fbbe39313ffd2a0707bf2ab88525c5e.jpg

Software needed:

NVIDIA Drivers - 497.29

Maxwell BIOS Tweaker - v1.36

DDU - v18.0.4.7

GPUz - v2.43.0

CPUz - v1.99

Precision X1 - v1.3.0.0

Test System:

CPU - 12900KF @AI OC tuner settings 1.45v  max. 

MOBO - ASUS z690-A

RAM - 32GB G.Skill DDR5 5600 @XMP 36-36-36-76 2T

PSU - Super Flower 1000w Leadex

GPU WB - EK 

CPU WB - Optimus Sig v2.0

RADs - Acool 2x 480

This card is based on the Maxwell 2.0 architecture. It has 2x8 pin + 1x6 pin PCI-e power connectors. This gives the card a theoretical maximum of 450w. The skinny on the rest of the specifications can be found HERE

Preliminary benches and clocks:

Basline.thumb.png.580964d3011f7b2f95aa357727f59e23.png

Bone stock 100% Power target in X1 we scored 58715 in Cloudgate. That is good enough for #11 in the world on HWBot stock. Maxed clock at 1442.8MHz, VRAM 1752.8MHz. The card only drew 156.2w max @ 1.200v only hitting 52.1% of TDP. These last three stats are what we are going to be focusing on.

Stock.thumb.png.ff7e28ab4402cdc765dceaaf580b263b.png

11th.thumb.png.8164bbeccc1b4ef35d8b9e2279d0f81c.png

Not bad considering stock. I assume you are going to Mod that BIOS and do some serious pushing with it ? Correct me if I am wrong but the Tesla M40 are close to the 980's in nature ?

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

7 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Not bad considering stock. I assume you are going to Mod that BIOS and do some serious pushing with it ? Correct me if I am wrong but the Tesla M40 are close to the 980's in nature ?

They are. Same architecture (Maxwell). Problem is that these cards are factory voltage locked. I am not entirely sure I will be able to raise the voltage. I haven't posted it yet, but last night after some modding to 1.281mv it only bumped it from 1.2v flat stock to 1.215v. I don't think I will have much headroom with the voltage, but I am hoping I can get more than the 180w max usage I have seen. The theoretical is 450w and i'd love to pull that. I had to run ID mismatch NVflash to get the first test vBIOS loaded. We shall see. 

Hit #6 HWbot Cloudgate last night with minor mods. 

Best.png.7bcf82249dde29f2131045c97ad4143f.png

Edited by Avacado

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead

Ahh yes same problem I have with the GTX 750 on Michele's ETF rig. It has the 6pin connector but since the driver refuses anything higher than 1.21v, it never really pulls over 50w, no matter what. I think you have to hardware mod these to trick them somehow.

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

Is the power limit set at 450W, and just not pulling that much power, or are you unable to set the max power limit? 

My 980 KPE will push quite a bit of power (more than 250W) without issue depending on the work load.  It's been a bit since I messed around with it in Windows, but I am pretty sure I have an xoc bios and the classified voltage tool.  I'll see what I have in my notes for the 980 KPE when I get home this evening.

• Respect 1

3 hours ago, tictoc said:

Is the power limit set at 450W, and just not pulling that much power, or are you unable to set the max power limit? 

My 980 KPE will push quite a bit of power (more than 250W) without issue depending on the work load.  It's been a bit since I messed around with it in Windows, but I am pretty sure I have an xoc bios and the classified voltage tool.  I'll see what I have in my notes for the 980 KPE when I get home this evening.

You are a God. Thanks toc.

I changed the power limit to 450w and it's not pulling half of it. I assumed it was some weird issue requiring different tools.

Edited by Avacado

2 hours ago, Avacado said:

You are a God. Thanks toc.

I changed the power limit to 450w and it's not pulling half of it. I assumed it was some weird issue requiring different tools.

If you raise the power limit to max, it should just go there without doing anything special.  On Linux I just used nvidia-smi (command line tool) to set the power limit to 500W.  You should be able to do the same thing on Windows, if you find that you can't bump the power limit up to max.  I think nvidia-smi is now in the default $PATH on Windows 10, so you should just be able to open an elevated command prompt and then set the power limit with the below command.

nvidia-smi -pl 500 

Here are a few BIOS for the 980 KPE, the Classified Voltage  Controller (software voltage control, either version should work, but 2.1.0 might have been for 780ti), and an old version of Precision X.  Precision X will read the actual voltage on KPE cards and you can also use kboost to lock the card to the P0 power state.  You might not get too far without going cold.  Maxwell voltage doesn't really start scaling until you get the temps way down, but you should be able to push it further than where you are at right now. Happy OC'ing. 🙂

kpe980_1.3v.zip kpe980_xoc.zip classified_v2.1.0.zip classified_v2.1.2.zip evga_precision-x_v5.3.6.zip

Edited by tictoc
additional info added
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

On 12/01/2022 at 22:36, tictoc said:

If you raise the power limit to max, it should just go there without doing anything special.  On Linux I just used nvidia-smi (command line tool) to set the power limit to 500W.  You should be able to do the same thing on Windows, if you find that you can't bump the power limit up to max.  I think nvidia-smi is now in the default $PATH on Windows 10, so you should just be able to open an elevated command prompt and then set the power limit with the below command.

nvidia-smi -pl 500 

Here are a few BIOS for the 980 KPE, the Classified Voltage  Controller (software voltage control, either version should work, but 2.1.0 might have been for 780ti), and an old version of Precision X.  Precision X will read the actual voltage on KPE cards and you can also use kboost to lock the card to the P0 power state.  You might not get too far without going cold.  Maxwell voltage doesn't really start scaling until you get the temps way down, but you should be able to push it further than where you are at right now. Happy OC'ing. 🙂

kpe980_1.3v.zip 136.89 kB · 0 downloads kpe980_xoc.zip 136.91 kB · 1 download classified_v2.1.0.zip 851.42 kB · 0 downloads classified_v2.1.2.zip 851.74 kB · 1 download evga_precision-x_v5.3.6.zip 32.1 MB · 0 downloads

So far no joy. XOC bios Bricked one of the 3 vBIOS and had to get out the trusty GT710 to save it. I can't find a manual for the 4 PCB switches on the back of the card and it's frustrating. My understanding is that there are 2x.25mv switches and 2x protection switches. I just cant figure out which ones are which. I played with the classified tool, however it was not able to change voltage at all. I can only assume it is because of the voltage protection switches. I'll have to pop it out again and try another configuration. 

FORUMS.EVGA.COM

Brick.thumb.png.7bbd8e9d24d8a3d5d4a345ee7f0ea300.png

Edited by Avacado

On 15/01/2022 at 14:44, Avacado said:

So far no joy. XOC bios Bricked one of the 3 vBIOS and had to get out the trusty GT710 to save it.

In the future you shouldn't have to use a secondary GPU to recover a bad BIOS flash.  All you should have to do is switch to a good BIOS, boot, and then once in the OS flip the switch to the BIOS that you want to flash.

To make things easier I would just run on the OC BIOS, flip both the voltage switches to on, and see how far you get with Precision X.  I think this is what I ultimately ended up doing on Windows, since I was able to pretty much max the card out that way.

I think you might have to use an old driver to use the xoc BIOS I posted.  I honestly don't really remember for sure.  I wasn't nearly as thorough in taking notes and keeping track of changes back then.  You might try the 347.88 drivers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tictoc said:

In the future you shouldn't have to use a secondary GPU to recover a bad BIOS flash.  All you should have to do is switch to a good BIOS, boot, and then once in the OS flip the switch to the BIOS that you want to flash.

To make things easier I would just run on the OC BIOS, flip both the voltage switches to on, and see how far you get with Precision X.  I think this is what I ultimately ended up doing on Windows, since I was able to pretty much max the card out that way.

I think you might have to use an old driver to use the xoc BIOS I posted.  I honestly don't really remember for sure.  I wasn't nearly as thorough in taking notes and keeping track of changes back then.  You might try the 347.88 drivers.

I know your right. TBH I'm almost done with this card. I did flip the 2 .25mv switches and i'm still getting 1.215 max. Card still wont get more than 272w. I have been getting some decent points for the HWbot season so i'm not completely pissed about it. 

Managed 6th on Time Spy even at 1.215v and 272w max. Good for 20 points.

5th.png.187909f2d7de4bab739e8ce8f913b541.png

Edited by Avacado

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead

Nice they still have you in the Novice league. You're murdering them lol.

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

• 1 year later...
On 15/01/2022 at 15:44, Avacado said:

So far no joy. XOC bios Bricked one of the 3 vBIOS and had to get out the trusty GT710 to save it. I can't find a manual for the 4 PCB switches on the back of the card and it's frustrating. My understanding is that there are 2x.25mv switches and 2x protection switches. I just cant figure out which ones are which. I played with the classified tool, however it was not able to change voltage at all. I can only assume it is because of the voltage protection switches. I'll have to pop it out again and try another configuration. 

FORUMS.EVGA.COM

Brick.thumb.png.7bbd8e9d24d8a3d5d4a345ee7f0ea300.png

Hi. I just got the 980 Classified Kingpin card. Flashed the XOC vbios found here on oc.net in the folder EVGA 980 CLASSIFIED K|NGP|N EDITION TOOLS

image.png.0617808265fcfcede7ed255d9ea58a3c.png

And as you, the flash went wrong.

As usual I disabled the driver in device manager. Made a folder as C:/kingpin and put in the XOC bios and put in the nvflash files. Then run CMD as adm.... cd c:\kingpin

Next... nvflash -6 kp980x.rom

Y for everything and got confirmed Update succsessful then the reboot message. I rebooted and got a nice black screen 

sq5NCVO.jpg

I installed a smaller card in second slot. Booted up and looked into GPU-Z and found that the GTX980 still there but with the same old stock vbios. Went into device manager and enabled the Kingpin card. Then shut down the machine. Turned of the on/off switch and the AC plug. Swapped the HDMI cable over to the 980 kingpin and booted up again. There I also got confirmed that the Kingpin card worked but with same old vBios. Hmmmm

Is there something wrong with that XOC vbios for 980 Kingpin? And is the nvflash version working as it should (from the folder I mentioned above). I see you bricked the Kingpin card and never was able to boot up in Windows again.

Anoter question... 

Maybe I need protect off? But nothing in the guide in the OC.net thread EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club say you need the command nvflash --protectoff. But I mean it's not needed.

2n try maybe ore like this...?

C:/kingpin with the XOC bios and the nvflash files. Run CMD as adm.... cd c:\kingpin

Next... nvflash --protectoff then Enter

Next... nvflash -6 kp980x.rom then Enter

And is it better to shut down instead for reboot? Shut down and then turn of the on/off switch and AC cable. Then connect power and boot up again?

And is the two Kingpin vbios versions from @tictoc post above equal bugged and will it still brick the card? 

Last question. What is the prefered nvflash version for this card.

I thank you all for all answers 🙂 

Edited by Papusan

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Hi. I just got the 980 Classified Kingpin card. Flashed the XOC vbios found here on oc.net in the folder EVGA 980 CLASSIFIED K|NGP|N EDITION TOOLS

And as you, the flash went wrong.

As usual I disabled the driver in device manager. Made a folder as C:/kingpin and put in the XOC bios and put in the nvflash files. Then run CMD as adm.... cd c:\kingpin

Next... nvflash -6 kp980x.rom

Y for everything and got confirmed Update succsessful then the reboot message. I rebooted and got a nice black screen 

sq5NCVO.jpg

I installed a smaller card in second slot. Booted up and looked into GPU-Z and found that the GTX980 still there but with the same old stock vbios. Went into device manager and enabled the Kingpin card. Then shut down the machine. Turned of the on/off switch and the AC plug. Swapped the HDMI cable over to the 980 kingpin and booted up again. There I also got confirmed that the Kingpin card worked but with same old vBios. Hmmmm

Is there something wrong with that XOC vbios for 980 Kingpin? And is the nvflash version working as it should (from the folder I mentioned above). I see you bricked the Kingpin card and never was able to boot up in Windows again.

Anoter question... 

Maybe I need protect off? But nothing in the guide in the OC.net thread EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club say you need the command nvflash --protectoff.

More like this...

C:/kingpin with the XOC bios and the nvflash files. Run CMD as adm.... cd c:\kingpin

Next... nvflash --protectoff then Enter

Next... nvflash -6 kp980x.rom then Enter

And is it better to shut down instead for reboot? Shut down and then turn of the on/off switch and AC cable. Then connect power and boot up again?

And is the two Kingpin vbios versions from @tictoc post above equal bugged and will it still brick the card? 

Last question. What is the prefered nvflash version for this card.

I thank you all for all answers 🙂 

It's possible. I can't remember which version of NVflash I used, but I am pretty sure I tried all three (NVflash, ID mismatch and Certs bypassed). I did brick one of the three vBIOS''s, but was able to restore it back to stock using a GT710. Using the protect off string can help to flash on cards with protection, but does not always guarantee success. If you are going to brick the card, it can usually be saved regardless of whether you use protect-off or not. 

The naming scheme doesn't really matter as long as it's simple and you know the correct one and do not accidentally modify your stock file. My vBIOS folder looks like this:

image.png.2c9cb242a0af9df6ec46fb501d2fca76.png

Reboot or shut down does not matter as long as the computer restarts following a flash. I was never able to find the correct driver version to run the XOC bios he listed, so I stopped at restoring my one corrupted vBIOS switch and moved on from trying to mod it. I was able to change the frequency tables, but I never could increase voltage or wattage on my 980 or 980Ti.

I honestly can't remember which version of NVflash I used to successfully flash the 980. It was one of the 3 below

1. WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

This modified version of NVFlash lets you flash a modified BIOS to your NVIDIA graphics card.
  2. WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

This is a patched version of NVIDIA's NVFlash. On Turing cards, NVFlash no longer allows overriding of the "board ID mismatch" message through comm
  3. WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

NVIDIA NVFlash is used to flash the graphics card BIOS on Ampere, Turing, Pascal and all older NVIDIA cards. NVFlash supports BIOS flashing on NVID

I hope you have better luck than I did. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Avacado said:

It's possible. I can't remember which version of NVflash I used, but I am pretty sure I tried all three (NVflash, ID mismatch and Certs bypassed). I did brick one of the three vBIOS''s, but was able to restore it back to stock using a GT710. Using the protect off string can help to flash on cards with protection, but does not always guarantee success. If you are going to brick the card, it can usually be saved regardless of whether you use protect-off or not. 

The naming scheme doesn't really matter as long as it's simple and you know the correct one and do not accidentally modify your stock file. My vBIOS folder looks like this:

image.png.2c9cb242a0af9df6ec46fb501d2fca76.png

Reboot or shut down does not matter as long as the computer restarts following a flash. I was never able to find the correct driver version to run the XOC bios he listed, so I stopped at restoring my one corrupted vBIOS switch and moved on from trying to mod it. I was able to change the frequency tables, but I never could increase voltage or wattage on my 980 or 980Ti.

I honestly can't remember which version of NVflash I used to successfully flash the 980. It was one of the 3 below

1. WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

This modified version of NVFlash lets you flash a modified BIOS to your NVIDIA graphics card.
  2. WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

This is a patched version of NVIDIA's NVFlash. On Turing cards, NVFlash no longer allows overriding of the "board ID mismatch" message through comm
  3. WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

NVIDIA NVFlash is used to flash the graphics card BIOS on Ampere, Turing, Pascal and all older NVIDIA cards. NVFlash supports BIOS flashing on NVID

I hope you have better luck than I did. 

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Did you try the non XOC vbios from @tictoc? And regarding nvflash version I mean I have one saved in the folder for the Zotac 980Ti I have flashed succsessfully. I just need to see if I find it. I mean its better use a flashtool made around the gen graphics cards release date. Or right afterwards. I have used newer nvflash versions on older card but with no succsess if I remeber correct.. But I'm the scond one with black screen after flash so Maybe there is something wrong with the vbios compared to mb sBios.

image.png.5456e452776fee1069e57cc4c1c7f7d6.png

Edited by Papusan
  • Thanks 1

Yea, I had a similar thing happen. It would confirm successful flashing but retain the previous vBIOS like it failed to flash. Honestly the 9 series Maxwell cards pissed me off so damn much trying to HWbot them. 

• Thanks 1

CH341A all the things 

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
MONITOR: 14" 1080p IPS 60hz @ 72hz
Full Rig Info

25 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Yea, I had a similar thing happen. It would confirm successful flashing but retain the previous vBIOS like it failed to flash. Honestly the 9 series Maxwell cards pissed me off so damn much trying to HWbot them. 

I tried a another nvflash tool meant to be better for Maxwell. And yep, succsessful,reboot and black screen, HaHa I though try flash the 1.3V vBios from above but changed mind (not sure what bios that is) and went for the Kingpin XOC vbios and black screen, LOOL

The KPE_1.3v vbios above didn't match message

image.png.0b52d9c5adc3fe13dc208fe9640c66ef.png

Edit. It seems Maxwell cards is hated by all, HaHa

image.thumb.png.f378239a0763f1d9b731d7ed12a5ffb9.png

Edited by Papusan

are you using the patched version of NVFlash? 

you should only need the mismatch bypass one. 

Edited by The Pook
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
MONITOR: 14" 1080p IPS 60hz @ 72hz
Full Rig Info

On 16/03/2023 at 03:58, The Pook said:

are you using the patched version of NVFlash? 

you should only need the mismatch bypass one. 

Both patched, the one in OC.net thread ment for Kingpin and vanilla. The weird part. Switch to another vbios then try to boot up gain doesn't help. Black screen.

Edit. To make it perfect. Can't boot on the second card with the bricked Kingpin in top PCIe slot. Had to take it out to be able to post, HaHa

v5.218.0.1 patched should be the better for Maxwell. I mean I used that one for 980Ti

Edit. Progress with the kp980x XOC vbios. Finally it got flashed.

image.thumb.png.8c9708c66416c71c7c7312a5ac505094.png

Edited by Papusan