Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

New 6900XT ouch


Darkpriest667

Recommended Posts

So I paid the piper and upgraded to a 6900XT for 1407 with taxes and shipping. The DAY it got here (Friday) Microcenter sent me an add for another variant (I bought mine off of newegg) for 1000 dollars. YIKES..

 

 

Well either way I've upgraded and I'm happy to be the hell away from NVIDIA and their proprietary driver nightmare on Linux.

way too mu

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: ASRock 6900XT
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X570 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GVKC - Black
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 850 evo 1TB SATA SSD
CASE: Fractal Torrent ATX Mid tower
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
298

Many of us plop details of our acquisitions down here:  

😎

TDM

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darkpriest667 said:

So I paid the piper and upgraded to a 6900XT for 1407 with taxes and shipping. The DAY it got here (Friday) Microcenter sent me an add for another variant (I bought mine off of newegg) for 1000 dollars. YIKES..

 

 

Well either way I've upgraded and I'm happy to be the hell away from NVIDIA and their proprietary driver nightmare on Linux.

Out of interest, how are Nvidia drivers on Linux then?

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darkpriest667 said:

So I paid the piper and upgraded to a 6900XT for 1407 with taxes and shipping. The DAY it got here (Friday) Microcenter sent me an add for another variant (I bought mine off of newegg) for 1000 dollars. YIKES..

 

 

Well either way I've upgraded and I'm happy to be the hell away from NVIDIA and their proprietary driver nightmare on Linux.

 

There are lots of different variants (XTX, XTXH) and custom versions of the 6900XT - which one did you get vs which one did Microcenter advertise?

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

There are lots of different variants (XTX, XTXH) and custom versions of the 6900XT - which one did you get vs which one did Microcenter advertise?

 

 

Great question. I got this one -- 

WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Buy ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT PHANTOM GAMING D Graphics Card 16GB GDDR6, AMD RDNA2 (RX6900XT PGD 16GO) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

 

 

Microcenter was advertising this one --

 

WWW.MICROCENTER.COM

Get it now! The latest iteration of MSIs iconic GAMING series once again brings performance, low-noise efficiency, and aesthetics that hardcore gamers have come to recognize and trust. Now you too can enjoy all...

 

 

Now, the MSI one has gone back up to 1399 and the one I bought has gone back up to 1299, but still. 😄

 

I probably wouldn't buy MSI again anyway once their CEO was murdered the company has been different.

way too mu

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: ASRock 6900XT
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X570 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GVKC - Black
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 850 evo 1TB SATA SSD
CASE: Fractal Torrent ATX Mid tower
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Out of interest, how are Nvidia drivers on Linux then?

 

A complete pain in the butt. To the point that, because they are closed source, they can cause the kernel to bork out when the kernels update and black screen on boot. 

 

Drivers are a windows thing. In Linux there are no drivers, just kernel code, so you're compiling CLOSED SOURCE code into your kernel and that can cause bad things to happen. Since the people who write and compile Linux distros don't KNOW what is in the NVIDIA code they sometimes have to make guesses. Nvidia refuses to share the code with anyone.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

way too mu

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: ASRock 6900XT
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X570 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GVKC - Black
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 850 evo 1TB SATA SSD
CASE: Fractal Torrent ATX Mid tower
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stahp it!  Last time I checked 6900XT's were $1500-1600.  Seeing them at $1299 is only making me want to buy one!!!! :lachen:

 

IMO, you got the card at a fair enough price.  It's a good card.  The other one is also a good card.  You didn't do "wrong".  Enjoy your ASRock card. 🙂   Personally I like the MSI one better because less rainbow puke and I'd assume a better cooler by a tiny margin.  I'd assume the lights can be disabled or changed using proprietary ASRock software, just a hunch.  If it works with other software though that's even better.  I've debated on buying that same exact card from ASRock several times myself.

  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well there's a reason Linus flipped Nvidia the bird lol.

Showcase

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 CL14)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 42" C4 OLED
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: E8400, i5-650, i7-870, i7-960, i5-2400, i7-4790k, i9-10900k, i3-13100, i9-13900ks
GPU: many
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P7P55 WS SC | ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Darkpriest667 said:

 

A complete pain in the butt. To the point that, because they are closed source, they can cause the kernel to bork out when the kernels update and black screen on boot. 

 

Drivers are a windows thing. In Linux there are no drivers, just kernel code, so you're compiling CLOSED SOURCE code into your kernel and that can cause bad things to happen. Since the people who write and compile Linux distros don't KNOW what is in the NVIDIA code they sometimes have to make guesses. Nvidia refuses to share the code with anyone.

 

 

That makes sense. I guess then when considering Linux, you have to do your homework to make sure your hardware doesn't have to use closed source drivers, if you are looking for a more trouble free experience.

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

That makes sense. I guess then when considering Linux, you have to do your homework to make sure your hardware doesn't have to use closed source drivers, if you are looking for a more trouble free experience.

 

I'm telling you, Nvidia is THE WORST company we work with (in my professional life) and that's pretty bad because Intel and Microsoft are pretty piss poor. I will give Intel this (and AMD too) if we ask for something they will usually get it to us, sometimes it takes a while (weeks or months) but through the right channels they will. With Nvidia. It's ALWAYS "no"

 

way too mu

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: ASRock 6900XT
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X570 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GVKC - Black
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 850 evo 1TB SATA SSD
CASE: Fractal Torrent ATX Mid tower
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Darkpriest667 said:

 

I'm telling you, Nvidia is THE WORST company we work with (in my professional life) and that's pretty bad because Intel and Microsoft are pretty piss poor. I will give Intel this (and AMD too) if we ask for something they will usually get it to us, sometimes it takes a while (weeks or months) but through the right channels they will. With Nvidia. It's ALWAYS "no"

 

That sucks to hear. I guess Linux will come second priority to something like Windows or even MacOS until the market shifts 

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Darkpriest667 said:

 

 

Great question. I got this one -- 

WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Buy ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT PHANTOM GAMING D Graphics Card 16GB GDDR6, AMD RDNA2 (RX6900XT PGD 16GO) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

 

 

Microcenter was advertising this one --

 

WWW.MICROCENTER.COM

Get it now! The latest iteration of MSIs iconic GAMING series once again brings performance, low-noise efficiency, and aesthetics that hardcore gamers have come to recognize and trust. Now you too can enjoy all...

 

 

Now, the MSI one has gone back up to 1399 and the one I bought has gone back up to 1299, but still. 😄

 

I probably wouldn't buy MSI again anyway once their CEO was murdered the company has been different.

 

You got a nice 6900XT at a very good price...if it would have been the MSI Gaming Trio 'Z' at Microcenter, it would have been a slightly different ballgame... In any case, depending on your overall cooling (!), do check out 'MPT' via Igor's lab

 

 

Edited by J7SC_Orion

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ENTERPRISE said:

That sucks to hear. I guess Linux will come second priority to something like Windows or even MacOS until the market shifts 

 

Which is hilarious because the REAL money is in servers and EVERYONE uses RHEL on their servers. So they SHOULD get priority.

 

7 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

You good a nice 6900XT at a very good price...if it would have been the MSI Gaming Trio 'Z' at Microcenter, it would have been a slightly different ballgame... In any case, depending on your overall cooling (!), do check out 'MPT' via Igor's lab

 

I typically dont do any radical overclocking or mods so it runs stock most of the time.

way too mu

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: ASRock 6900XT
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X570 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GVKC - Black
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 850 evo 1TB SATA SSD
CASE: Fractal Torrent ATX Mid tower
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's always the second you pull the trigger on a deal a better deal shows up lol.

 

I'm happy with my 3090 but I was tempted to grab one of those 6900xt's to compare. 

 

Every time I've been to Microcenter recently they have had plenty of AMD cards in stock but they prices were astronomical. 

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5900X + Optimus block
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X570 Ace
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra + Optimus block
RAM: 32GB Oloy Blade 3600CL14
SSD/NVME: 1TB SN750 Black
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB SN750 Black
SSD/NVME 3: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
CASE: LD PC-V7
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: B650E-I Strix
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5
GPU: Reference 6950 XT
CASE: InWin D-Frame Mini
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 with 4x180mm Silverstone fans
FAN CONTROLLER: Aquaero
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 12600KF
MOTHERBOARD: Z790I Strix
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo
GPU: RTX 2080
CASE: Sliger SM580
WC RESEVOIR: Phanteks R160C
WC RADIATOR: XSPC TX240 Ultrathin
FANS: Phanteks T30
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use both w-cooled 3090 and 6900XT on work-play systems...for older titles, 6900XT is great, for ray traced and 4K, I prefer the 3090. Either one is plenty, though...

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fluxmaven said:

It's always the second you pull the trigger on a deal a better deal shows up lol.

 

I'm happy with my 3090 but I was tempted to grab one of those 6900xt's to compare. 

 

Every time I've been to Microcenter recently they have had plenty of AMD cards in stock but they prices were astronomical. 

They tried to talk me into getting a $1200 3080 12GB while I was in Micro Center yesterday because it was marked down from $1300. I told the guy I was just looking. The AMD shelf was rather full, but the prices were still dumb. They are coming down. The 3070 Ti's they have are now sub $1k. I asked the guy what the ratio of AMD to Nvidia cards sold was right now and he went on to say Nvidia basically still has the mindshare and the marketing. i.e. They sell way more Nvidia cards.

  • Thanks 1

Showcase

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 CL14)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 42" C4 OLED
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: E8400, i5-650, i7-870, i7-960, i5-2400, i7-4790k, i9-10900k, i3-13100, i9-13900ks
GPU: many
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P7P55 WS SC | ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

They tried to talk me into getting a $1200 3080 12GB while I was in Micro Center yesterday because it was marked down from $1300. I told the guy I was just looking. The AMD shelf was rather full, but the prices were still dumb. They are coming down. The 3070 Ti's they have are now sub $1k. I asked the guy what the ratio of AMD to Nvidia cards sold was right now and he went on to say Nvidia basically still has the mindshare and the marketing. i.e. They sell way more Nvidia cards.

 

Lately I've made a point to dress like a bum whenever I go into Microcenter. Everyone ignores me while I browse around, it's great. If I'm there to actually buy something that requires them to pull it out of the case, I just flag someone down. 

  • Thanks 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5900X + Optimus block
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X570 Ace
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra + Optimus block
RAM: 32GB Oloy Blade 3600CL14
SSD/NVME: 1TB SN750 Black
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB SN750 Black
SSD/NVME 3: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
CASE: LD PC-V7
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: B650E-I Strix
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5
GPU: Reference 6950 XT
CASE: InWin D-Frame Mini
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 with 4x180mm Silverstone fans
FAN CONTROLLER: Aquaero
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 12600KF
MOTHERBOARD: Z790I Strix
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo
GPU: RTX 2080
CASE: Sliger SM580
WC RESEVOIR: Phanteks R160C
WC RADIATOR: XSPC TX240 Ultrathin
FANS: Phanteks T30
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fluxmaven said:

 

Lately I've made a point to dress like a bum whenever I go into Microcenter. Everyone ignores me while I browse around, it's great. If I'm there to actually buy something that requires them to pull it out of the case, I just flag someone down. 

Ah, good idea. This is my mode for car shopping as well.

Showcase

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 CL14)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 42" C4 OLED
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: E8400, i5-650, i7-870, i7-960, i5-2400, i7-4790k, i9-10900k, i3-13100, i9-13900ks
GPU: many
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P7P55 WS SC | ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy