Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

FSR 2.0 modded into more games

UltraMega

A modder has found a way to add FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 to Cyberpunk 2077 by piggybacking off of DLSS. It's great software and if you don't have an Nvidia RTX GPU that can take advantage of DLSS, replacing it with FSR 2.0 isn't a bad idea.

According to its author, enabling FSR 2.0 via the mod just about doubled their 4K performance on a GTX 1080, to 45 fps. And, as you can see for yourself in the screenshot below, the quality is phenomenal compared to the game's FSR 1.0.

They explain briefly how it works on their page. In summary, both DLSS and FSR 2.0 use the same sorts of temporal data and the mod is a translator that converts the information meant for DLSS into FSR 2.0 commands. Its files subsume the place of the DLSS libraries and the game treats them the same.

So no, the title above isn't clickbait. FSR 2.0 completely replaces DLSS and you switch it on by trying to turn DLSS on in the in-game settings. It still only has one mode, unlike official FSR implementations which can have several, but you can select any DLSS quality setting you like to turn it on.

WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

According to its author, enabling FSR 2.0 via the mod just about doubled their 4K performance on a GTX 1080, to 45 fps. And, as you can...

Mod link: 

WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 for Cyberpunk

Very cool, hope to see this in more games, officially or via a mod. It's interesting that DLSS and DSR are so similar that it's this easy to add support for one when support for the other is already there. FSR has only been up on github for a few days. 

Update:

WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

After modders added FSR 2.0 to Cyberpunk 2077 by replacing the game's DLSS implementation, they...

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

Still waiting for official support.  It's awesome this is available.  I'm happy using 3840x1080 and RSR up to 5120x1440 Ultra + Ray Tracing on my main rig.  Good enough.  Would be nice to be able to use native res and FSR 2.0 though, FSR 1.0 absolutely sucks on my 6900XT with Cyberpunk.

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

8 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

Still waiting for official support.  It's awesome this is available.  I'm happy using 3840x1080 and RSR up to 5120x1440 Ultra + Ray Tracing on my main rig.  Good enough.  Would be nice to be able to use native res and FSR 2.0 though, FSR 1.0 absolutely sucks on my 6900XT with Cyberpunk.

I tried the mod, it works really well. Try it, i don't think official support will really change anything. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

8 hours ago, UltraMega said:

I tried the mod, it works really well. Try it, i don't think official support will really change anything. 

I might.  🙂  To be honest, Cyberpunk is quite literally the ONLY game that I have that I cannot max out 110% and stay within freesync range on my monitor (48+ FPS).  I'd settle on the "Ultra" preset without RT, but mannnnn, those RT extras sure are purdy! 

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

6 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I might.  🙂  To be honest, Cyberpunk is quite literally the ONLY game that I have that I cannot max out 110% and stay within freesync range on my monitor (48+ FPS).  I'd settle on the "Ultra" preset without RT, but mannnnn, those RT extras sure are purdy! 

Playing Cyberpunk with this mod is my first experience with any smart upscaler and It's definitely impressive, but I think the most impressive part is probably how clean it still looks at the lowest quality setting. You can definitely notice some of the issues in this game that come from rendering at a low internal res like asset pop in but the actual image quality is surprisingly good across the board. Makes Full RT playable at 4K on my GPU, performance is pretty good. 

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

16 hours ago, UltraMega said:

Playing Cyberpunk with this mod is my first experience with any smart upscaler and It's definitely impressive, but I think the most impressive part is probably how clean it still looks at the lowest quality setting. You can definitely notice some of the issues in this game that come from rendering at a low internal res like asset pop in but the actual image quality is surprisingly good across the board. Makes Full RT playable at 4K on my GPU, performance is pretty good. 

That's impressive then.  4k is ever so slightly more pixels than my own native res, and at my native res I can eek out like 20 FPS or so on Ultra + full RT with Cyberpunk.  So if you're getting playable with this at full 4k with a 6800XT, I should be playable too then. 🙂 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

After modders added FSR 2.0 to Cyberpunk 2077 by replacing the game's DLSS implementation, they...

Owned

Full Rig Info

• UltraMega changed the title to FSR 2.0 modded into more games
On 06/07/2022 at 10:51, UltraMega said:
WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

Why are we the only 2 that seem to be excited about this on EHW?  :lachen:

It'd be really cool to see RDR2 with it, but sadly I cannot use any of the scaling functions until Rockstar fixes the fullscreen bug I experience, which they probably will never do.  As is, the only way I can play RDR2 is in Borderless Window mode due to being Ultrawide.  If I go fullscreen mode, the map gets all screwy and I use the map a TON when I play. -_-  Not too terribly big of a deal, my rig handles it at the preset maximum on the slider at native res borderless windowed.  It'd be nice to be able to crank up ALL of the pretties though and use RSR or FSR 2.0 on it though, it definitely looks better with everything all the way up. 🙂  

Probably very useful for people on 16:9 though.  I still need to try it out on Cyberpunk too myself, FSR and RSR both work fine in that title for me (only way I CAN play it with RTX on).

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much