Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

[Giveaway Closed] Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (Ubisoft Connect)

Go to solution Solved by iamjanco,

image.png.ebd008528c2664b3ee6a6d3d138a7014.png

Hello lovely people,

I purchased an extra key for Avatar: Frontier's of Pandora (Ubisoft Connect) on PC and would like to give it away here. 

Rules:

Post below by letting us know your favourite James Cameron movie, intellectual property (IP), or any other (ad)venture, and why! 

Submissions will close in two (2) days, Saturday December 16 at 12:00pm EST (9:00am PST).

You must have had an account for a minimum. 6 months and 30 post count.

I'll use a random generator to determine the winner and if you don't claim the code within 48 hrs from when the PM goes out to the winners inbox, I'll redraw.

Only your first post is eligible in the draw, but feel free to post as much as you want.

Example scenario:

Users A, B, C post in the thread. User A posts 1st, User B posts 2nd and 3rd, User C posts 4th. Draw closes, generator min is 1, max is 3. 3 unique posts. Generator pulls 3, User C wins.

Good luck!

Spoiler

image.png.4dc4bb01757648a7e5f6dad03ec497a8.png

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Respect 2

• Solution
Premium Platinum - Lifetime

Tough one, I like a number of his flicks; but it's Aliens for me. Why? Because I saw it in a movie theater full of grunts at the Army Kaserne in Augsburg, Germany, back in 1986. 

Never experienced a more enthusiastic crowd...

Oh, and it had Bill Paxton (aka Hudson, R.I.P., Bill) in it as well!

• Respect 1
  • Agreed 1

Hmm. I'd have to go with Titanic. Not that it's like... a good movie, but it is a very well made one. 

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

I'll be honest, I've not seen too many James Cameron films.  I have seen Titanic and Avatar (the first one only).  Out of those 2, I'd say Titanic, because c'mon......who didn't like the painting scene?  Amirite fellas?  🤣  Nah, but seriously, Titanic was actually a really engaging story regardless of it being a "chick flick" or not.  I thought he did a great job with that movie.  Avatar was also a fantastic storyline, and had the visuals to back it up too.  I do need to sit down and rewatch Avatar and the new one, see if its any good. 🙂  

Also, been looking at this game for a while now.  I'd like to get a copy anyway, it looks like it MIGHT be the closest thing to Crysis multiplayer in 2023.  Looks like a fun game.  So yes, please........count me in.  🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

Avatar is just Fern Gully ramade. 

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

• Slaughtahouse changed the title to [Giveaway Closed] Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (Ubisoft Connect)

A few tips / FYIs for iamjanco:

the game is a bit slow to start but it will open up pretty quickly once you get through the first hour.

Highly recommend the “Exploration Mode” which pre-selects various HUD and Quest markers to be disabled. I typically disable all HUD in any game I play but if that’s not your style, that’s OK. I just really recommend to disable the health bar because it’s linked to a separate smaller meter for “energy”.

The energy meter is based on food consumption which provides various buffs. The game will remind you that you need to eat but there is no real negative impact if you don’t. So disabling this hud element, unfortunately tied to the health bar, will avoid those notifications.

The one real impact in terms of gameplay is if your energy is depleted, you won’t regen health but there is a health item system.You can store these items in separate inventory unrelated to food.

Also, it may be difficult at times to solve puzzles or gather “clues” in Explorer mode. There is a Navi vision tool like Geralt’s Witcher Senses from the Wild Hunt that helps you solve puzzles but more times than not, it’s incredibly difficult to see the clues because there is so much foliage and the navi vision generates a lot of noise on screen. Pro tip: limit your search area. Most clues are within 10’ of the quest item that initiated the investigation.

Last but not least, if you have a controller, use it 🙂 Game is built around it including puzzles and harvesting items that require playing with the pressure applied to the right trigger.

That’s all I got 🙂 Enjoy

Edited by Slaughtahouse

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

Again, thanks! I'm gonna give it a go after Xmas—I do have an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2.

...and thanks for those tips!

I'll make a series of screen caps at some point and share them in the 2024 games thread.

Edited by iamjanco
  • Thanks 1

Whoops, I totally forgot to check this out in time! Thanks for setting up the giveaway regardless lol.

• Thanks 2

Owned

CPU: [AMD] Ryzen 9 3900X
CPU COOLER: [Cooler Master] MasterLiquid ML360R
MOTHERBOARD: [Asus] ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
RAM: [G.Skill] Trident Z 4x8 GB DDR4 3600
SSD/NVME: [Western Digital] Black 512 GB NVMe SSD
SSD/NVME 2: [Team] 4x 1 TB 2.5" SSD
HDD: [Western Digital] Black Series 3 TB HDD
GPU: [EVGA] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Full Rig Info

Owned