Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Forums first comp: CPUz Benchmark

On 15/01/2022 at 09:16, iamjanco said:

We might be neighbors of a sort if you're in Saranac Lake. I'm in ETown.

toasting-avacados.jpg.078759d1da7f70fe0f6c7b290f8c6c2f.jpg

@AvacadoOnly if your mom was in what was West Germany back in the day (I got around a lot back then and made more than my fair share of moves, rhetorically & figuratively speaking) 😎

@The Pook I'm nol talking to you until you make me number 2 again.

I think we are neighbors then!. You are welcome to stop by and check out my setup here any time. I think you are about 50 minutes from me. And you dont have to wear a mask! lol 

• Thanks 1

On 14/01/2022 at 19:18, SamsTechStuff said:

Fwiw, I run this rig stock always, and dont typically like to go to 1.45v on Ryzen chips even for the 3 minutes I used to close tasks and run this benchmark. Not sure I want to raise the vcore higher.

I would need to make it through the bench at 4.6ghz all core or at least half of them at 4.6ghz and half at 4.5ghz in order to beat those dual Xeons...but I'm close, we'll see 🙂

But for now here is my 4.5GHz 3900xt run, 558/9199.5. 

ehw-3900xt-cpu-z-4.PNG

Screenshot_20220114-192122.png

Great looking PC, and those numbers you posted are very good. That processor you have is definitely a beast. But my z820 wont give up this fight 😉 I have at least one more card to play, and nine lives to go along with that. lol  

• Thanks 1

On 15/01/2022 at 15:59, Bastiaan_NL said:

Update before @Storm-Chaser updates the previous submission 😄
670.2 single and 6774.5 multi, 7444.7 total with 102 bclk 4947mhz is the max I've seen. Another 93.2 points..

Nice run! those are definitely good benching speeds

Leaderboard Update....

image.thumb.png.1f75e3f9b217cc425beeb081b0762bf7.png

5 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Great looking PC, and those numbers you posted are very good. That processor you have is definitely a beast. But my z820 wont give up this fight 😉 I have at least one more card to play, and nine lives to go along with that. lol  

Thanks! I'm not one for RGB, the cleaner look is good for me. This is my production machine, sadly the way my office is setup I cannot see the window of the PC with any of the configurations the Dark Base 700 supports. The 5600X rig I ran has no case currently and live on a cardboard box 😅.

I quite like this CPU, I'll be on it for a good long while. If you catch up and pass me, I'll find the cores that can go higher and Price is Right you! 😁 Awesome work with your 9600KF rig btw, that's definitely slick and I've been watching / looking forward to the updates!

• Thanks 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 3900XT
Full Rig Info

13 minutes ago, SamsTechStuff said:

Thanks! I'm not one for RGB, the cleaner look is good for me. This is my production machine, sadly the way my office is setup I cannot see the window of the PC with any of the configurations the Dark Base 700 supports. The 5600X rig I ran has no case currently and live on a cardboard box 😅.

I quite like this CPU, I'll be on it for a good long while. If you catch up and pass me, I'll find the cores that can go higher and Price is Right you! 😁 Awesome work with your 9600KF rig btw, that's definitely slick and I've been watching / looking forward to the updates!

How do you like the BeQuiet PureLoop ? I've picked one up for an office machine in March last year and really like it.

As to RGB, I find it harder to come by equipment that doesn't have it anyway whether I like it or not, but I made peace with it by setting everything to Cherenkov radiation blue 😛- it 'works' when the smoked glass panels are on.

• Thanks 2

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

31 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

How do you like the BeQuiet PureLoop ? I've picked one up for an office machine in March last year and really like it.

As to RGB, I find it harder to come by equipment that doesn't have it anyway whether I like it or not, but I made peace with it by setting everything to Cherenkov radiation blue 😛- it 'works' when the smoked glass panels are on.

It's a very unique AIO and it performs well so, I like it quite a bit actually. Being able to refill this AIO basically means I can use it for quite some time at nearly the same original cooling performance levels which I like. I have only tested it as a top mount with the push fan configuration - at some point I will do push + pull for that little extra I can extract to help speed up video exports. Even 1 or 2 additional 25mhz increments across the cores (auto overclock + PBO auto) during an export that takes an hour or so would be a benefit that would justify the cost of x3 fans to me. I would like to test the newer v2 but it is not available in the US (likely due to the Asetek patent issue?).  

The main cooling issue I have is cleaning dust and cat hair from the intake areas 😅. Sometimes I watch the cat walk over to the computer and just rub against the front grated/mesh area and think, that's awesome..... ha.

EDIT: Yeah, RGB-free parts have become somewhat rarer - I agree, if you can get a color you like, it can be a nice addition. This rig will be set and forget soon enough (was assembled just before the holidays). Perhaps when I move my test rig into some case I'll think through the color scheme.

Edited by SamsTechStuff
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 minutes ago, SamsTechStuff said:

It's a very unique AIO and it performs well so, I like it quite a bit actually. Being able to refill this AIO basically means I can use it for quite some time at nearly the same original cooling performance levels which I like. I have only tested it as a top mount with the push fan configuration - at some point I will do push + pull for that little extra I can extract to help speed up video exports. Even 1 or 2 additional 25mhz increments across the cores (auto overclock + PBO auto) during an export that takes an hour or so would be a benefit that would justify the cost of x3 fans to me. I would like to test the newer v2 but it is not available in the US (likely due to the Asetek patent issue?).  

The main cooling issue I have is cleaning dust and cat hair from the intake areas 😅. Sometime I watch the cat walk over to the computer and just rub against the front and think, awesome, lol.

...blame it on the cat, why don't you 😁

I like the refill option as well, though I cleaned and re-filled an old TT 240 (9 years and running now) not that long ago by taking the Asetek cold plate off.

As to the BeQuiet PureLoop, I used it first on an oc'ed 8c/16t Intel 5960X quad-c, followed by a 3950X and then 5950X while I was building up the custom w-loops for those two.  For the 16c/32t CPUs, I took the regular BeQuiet fans off and mounted 6x Arctic P12s psts in push-pull...the regular fans are decent enough performers, but Arctic P12 pst in push-pull made a clear difference - enough to allow the system to boost to higher sustained clocks.

• Respect 2

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

17 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

...blame it on the cat, why don't you 😁

I like the refill option as well, though I cleaned and re-filled an old TT 240 (9 years and running now) not that long ago by taking the Asetek cold plate off.

As to the BeQuiet PureLoop, I used it first on an oc'ed 8c/16t Intel 5960X quad-c, followed by a 3950X and then 5950X while I was building up the custom w-loops for those two.  For the 16c/32t CPUs, I took the regular BeQuiet fans off and mounted 6x Arctic P12s psts in push-pull...the regular fans are decent enough performers, but Arctic P12 pst in push-pull made a clear difference - enough to allow the system to boost to higher sustained clocks.

Haha, the cooling performance hinges  on her cheek rubbing activity 🙂

Interesting selection of CPUs there - good to know about the P12's on the PureLoop. The Arctic fan bundles seem like some of the best value fan buys around. I was considering using these in the Rosewill RSV-L4500 servers I have in my rack, each run x2 fan trays with x3 fans each and I have x3 L4500 based servers currently. The Rosewill fans are ok but from what I have seen the P12s will be a bit better. Some of these fans are quite old and tired as well (thinking of my first chassis). Also, 4 pin molex is not my favorite.

Edited by SamsTechStuff
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

51 minutes ago, SamsTechStuff said:

Haha, the cooling performance hinges  on her cheek rubbing activity 🙂

Interesting selection of CPUs there - good to know about the P12's on the PureLoop. The Arctic fan bundles seem like some of the best value fan buys around. I was considering using these in the Rosewill RSV-L4500 servers I have in my rack, each run x2 fan trays with x3 fans each and I have x3 L4500 based servers currently. The Rosewill fans are ok but from what I have seen the P12s will be a bit better. Some of these fans are quite old and tired as well (thinking of my first chassis). Also, 4 pin molex is not my favorite.

Arctic P12 bundles ? Don't know what you mean 😉 

Spoiler

Arcticp12comboU.thumb.jpg.5837816d4c5ad05509cc6b324babd113.jpg

The Arctic P12 psts are not only a great deal, their performance is really good...I replaced a whole bunch of older but still fav GentleTyphoon AP 29 3K rpm fans (and some Sunon 5k rpm server fans) with the Arctic P12s in push-pull on custom loops as well...in push-pull, they perform about the same as a single GT at full song, but are way quieter, if not near-silent. Their top speed is around 1850 rpm, with 1200 rpm 'default' per bios. I still adore the GTs, I just don't want to hear them...

Edited by J7SC_Orion
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, J7SC_Orion said:

Arctic P12 bundles ? Don't know what you mean 😉 

Reveal hidden contents

Arcticp12comboU.thumb.jpg.5837816d4c5ad05509cc6b324babd113.jpg

The Arctic P12 psts are not only a great deal, their performance is really good...I replaced a whole bunch of older but still fav GentleTyphoon AP 29 3K rpm fans (and some Sunon 5k rpm server fans) with the Arctic P12s in push-pull on custom loops as well...in push-pull, they perform about the same as a single GT at full song, but are way quieter, if not near-silent. Their top speed is around 1850 rpm, with 1200 rpm 'default' per bios. I still adore the GTs, I just don't want to hear them...

Wow, that's some serious air displacement power! I might end up acquiring as many as you 😀

Edited by SamsTechStuff

Owned

Full Rig Info

Okay here is the z820 with two E5 2696 v2 processors, this is probably my best result with this rig. It's as high as it's going to go. @SamsTechStuff not sure if this gets me back ahead of your 12-core rig but at least it's somewhat more competitive than my last result (I will calculate scores tomorrow). All core turbo for this rig is 3,1GHz and it has factory water cooling. You can see here I have it compared to a 1950X for reference purposes. 

Here is my high maintenance heatkiller water block (on the 9600KF)

CIMG0874.jpg

Here is a slightly better result with said 9600KF in terms of pure clock speed. Probably don't want to go much higher on voltage, even though temps are under control.... it's okay though Im not worried about the processor. They are only about $150 used and most of them will OC like a champ. 

screenshot of CPU-Z validation for Dump [97vmq5] - Submitted by  Storm-Chaser  - 2022-01-03 08:14:39

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

:wheee: I got it running kinda!!! :wheee:

ss.jpg.53b3f6345a22a9b17019a79b5fb1efa7.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

7 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Okay here is the z820 with two E5 2696 v2 processors, this is probably my best result with this rig. It's as high as it's going to go. @SamsTechStuff not sure if this gets me back ahead of your 12-core rig but at least it's somewhat more competitive than my last result (I will calculate scores tomorrow). All core turbo for this rig is 3,1GHz and it has factory water cooling. You can see here I have it compared to a 1950X for reference purposes. 

Here is my high maintenance heatkiller water block (on the 9600KF)

CIMG0874.jpg

Here is a slightly better result with said 9600KF in terms of pure clock speed. Probably don't want to go much higher on voltage, even though temps are under control.... it's okay though Im not worried about the processor. They are only about $150 used and most of them will OC like a champ. 

screenshot of CPU-Z validation for Dump [97vmq5] - Submitted by  Storm-Chaser  - 2022-01-03 08:14:39

Looks like you got me beat! I'll have to rerun the per ccd/ccx testing to see which can exceed 4.5GHz. Awesome result!

That is quite good for the 9600KF! How much power does it consume at that level during this test?

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

16 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Nice run! those are definitely good benching speeds

Leaderboard Update....

Thanks 🙂

You missed my best submission though 😂

Spoiler
On 14/01/2022 at 18:23, Bastiaan_NL said:

3950x all stock 543.4 single and 10916.1 multi, 11459.5 total.
I finished this system yesterday, installed windows and F@H and that's about it.
Maybe I'll find some time to mess with it this weekend to see what I can improve.

Reveal hidden contents

1208706609_cpuzbench.jpg.1fe2a36bffbce4b84ec55764479a9c02.jpg

[edit before posting 😂]

Could not resists and did some minor cleaning:

Still stock in bios, 560.5 single 11179.0 multi, 11739.5. A difference of 280 points for 5 minutes of work..

667714821_cpuzbench2.jpg.d69f90270846de538b1e77e6ab3e049b.jpg

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Thanks 🙂

You missed my best submission though 😂

Reveal hidden contents

lol I need you guys to keep the leaderboard in check. Im doing this comp with one monitor so things can get lost in the shuffle. Please examine your submission and let me know if something is out of place or missing.

3 hours ago, SamsTechStuff said:

Looks like you got me beat! I'll have to rerun the per ccd/ccx testing to see which can exceed 4.5GHz. Awesome result!

That is quite good for the 9600KF! How much power does it consume at that level during this test?

During the CPUz benchmark it's about 130W. However, if I'm running AVX I've see much higher. About 180 W to be precise, but still no where near the limit of my cooling system. I run the system at 5.2GHz 24/7. I can actually ramp the fans down to low and I still can pass a torture test at that speed with the fans set static at about 500 rpm.  

14 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

lol I need you guys to keep the leaderboard in check. Im doing this comp with one monitor so things can get lost in the shuffle. Please examine your submission and let me know if something is out of place or missing.

No problem at all, I was expecting some of our benchmarks to get lost in all the replies here 🙂

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Very impressive. You are well on your way! 😅

image.thumb.png.86052e49485b68994c3c0c1a081f6a1f.png

The Opteron 200 series were more server oriented as those were for socket 940, which was capable of multiple sockets on one board.  The Opteron 100 series were for Socket 939 which was an enthusiast platform.  Think of it like people putting Xeons in their 775 boards or 1366 boards back in the day.  It's the same exact thing as running the FX 60 or an Athlon x2 4400+.  Just a neater name lol.  They tended to overclock like mad too, 3GHz daily was impressive back then (I'm still trying to wrangle that 3GHz stable on that rig now).

Sorry, just a daily dose of AMD history. 🙂

EDIT:  I think that score's pretty good actually.  I'm beating a "quad core" on the list, and keeping right up with the Core 2 Duo on the list there.  Heck, I'm beating the Athlon II which was a weakened Phenom II processor (no L3 cache).  A couple of those were mobile CPU's, but still.  I'm happy with that result!

Edited by pioneerisloud
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead

I use 9x 120mm P-fans pushing into the 1080 copper rad I bought from Avacado last year. Do you think adding 9x pull fans will make a difference? If so, would the P-fans be best for pulling or should I get the F-fans for that?

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, damric said:

I use 9x 120mm P-fans pushing into the 1080 copper rad I bought from Avacado last year. Do you think adding 9x pull fans will make a difference? If so, would the P-fans be best for pulling or should I get the F-fans for that?

...temp changes of push-pull will depend on components and current idle vs load scenarios. In my case, using triple core copper rads (64mm thick +-) and fairly tight fpi meant that push-pull was more or less a given. Also, you can move a lot of air with push-pull w/o annoyingly high and loud rpms.

For push-pull, you always want to use the same model of fan.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Since I was bored and decided to wipe my laptop too, here's another run in the faster rigs section. 🙂  I didn't bother doing the overclock on it so its still in the 15w power envelope.  Overclocking it, it absolutely will stay at 3.6GHz all the time if I need it to, but sadly I've damaged my battery from doing that. :lachen:

ss.jpg.0a2617ee35eeda255c3ffd5966b47d8b.jpg

• Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead

I swear it's so painful coming from a good sample low end CPU to a mediocre sample high end CPU. This pig 2700x just hates to overclock at all, eats voltage, and runs hot asf compared to that last 1600AF I tested. The best I could do was +voltage offset with +2% base clock on top of "Core Performance Boost". For some reason enabling XFR just makes the motherboard hang with an E6 code no matter what I have tried, and I have sadly put more than 8 hours into this endeavor today.

507 / 5468.1

VALID.X86.FR

[9lm8g9] Validated Dump by damric (2022-01-19 00:02:42) - MB: ASRock X470 Taichi - RAM: 32768 MB

crap2.png

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap