Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Every AM5 Motherboard Compared


Nikado7
1 Attachment

Recommended Posts

Nevermind this guy did it better than me.  

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NQHkDEcgDPm34Mns3C93K6SJoBnua-x9O-y_6hv8sPs/edit#gid=0

Edited by Nikado7
  • Thanks 2
  • Respect 6

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nikado7 said:

I've been working on this for a while this evening since I was really curious about all of them.  I tried to find every single one on the big 4 websites.  

 

It is view only so being that kinda makes it hard to add filters, just copy and paste it to your own sheet then you can do whatever you want.  Click Data, Add a Filter, (on your own sheet) and it'll make it all sortable.  

 

I'm still working on it but if I keel over from staring at the monitor this long, someone can pick up where I left off 😆

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0o8IHI-44hpMtVohT_WeRjLEYTSHNN77CaBcLW3jlg/edit?usp=sharing

 

That's really helpful !

...But in a way it is also 'disturbing', at least when it gets to comparing nice AM4 mobos with nice AM5. I have a couple of Asus CH8 X570, and the Asus CH8 Dark Hero in particular is superb from board to bios features. The closest thing in the AM5 670E costs about twice as much...never mind that the CH8 DarkHero itself is also $100 more than when I purchased it. 

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

That's really helpful !

...But in a way it is also 'disturbing', at least when it gets to comparing nice AM4 mobos with nice AM5. I have a couple of Asus CH8 X570, and the Asus CH8 Dark Hero in particular is superb from board to bios features. The closest thing in the AM5 670E costs about twice as much...never mind that the CH8 DarkHero itself is also $100 more than when I purchased it. 

 

Yeah I was looking at boards last night and I was like uhhhhhhh he's really screwed on this dual LAN thing lol and now we see every option and how you really are.  That proart X670E might really be your only option.  Have to read up on if they solved whatever ram issues I saw a little about yesterday.  

 

I'm more looking for more futureproofing so I wanted USB 4.  That cuts it down to 8 boards.   4 under $500.  I mean sheesh.  

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nikado7 said:

 

Yeah I was looking at boards last night and I was like uhhhhhhh he's really screwed on this dual LAN thing lol and now we see every option and how you really are.  That proart X670E might really be your only option.  Have to read up on if they solved whatever ram issues I saw a little about yesterday.  

 

I'm more looking for more futureproofing so I wanted USB 4.  That cuts it down to 8 boards.   4 under $500.  I mean sheesh.  

 

...another option for me is to just wait for the Zen-4 Threadrippers which often have boards with dual LAN - never mind a lot more PCIe lanes. Unfortunately, AMD isn't the underdog anymore like it still was around late 2018 when I picked up two nice TR boards at reasonable prices, in relative terms, back then.

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's actually a fantastic spreadsheet!  If you can get that document (eventually) sorted out into tabs, we could probably sticky that in the AMD section (if you'd want it to be).  Tons of useful info there!

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

...another option for me is to just wait for the Zen-4 Threadrippers which often have boards with dual LAN - never mind a lot more PCIe lanes. Unfortunately, AMD isn't the underdog anymore like it still was around late 2018 when I picked up two nice TR boards at reasonable prices, in relative terms, back then.

 

I pulled the trigger and got that b650e taichi.  They said the b650e aorus master was just as good but didnt have usb 4 and the taichis ridiculous power phases sold me.   I also got a 990 pro, hopefully the wear issues are sorted out with the firmware by the time x3d comes out.  I have no patience lol.

 

Btw why can't you use a network card or something to get your extra lan?  

 

8 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

That's actually a fantastic spreadsheet!  If you can get that document (eventually) sorted out into tabs, we could probably sticky that in the AMD section (if you'd want it to be).  Tons of useful info there!

 

What kinda tabs are you thinking?  I'm open to any ideas to make it easier.  I started hyperlinking the boards to their websites and might start adding other info.  The B650E Aorus Master has all of its M2's linked to the cpu so all of them are 5.0, whereas the Taichi only has 1, the rest are through chipset so only one is capable of 5.0.... info like that would be nice to know.  

 

Edited by Nikado7

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nikado7 said:

 

I pulled the trigger and got that b650e taichi.  They said the b650e aorus master was just as good but didnt have usb 4 and the taichis ridiculous power phases sold me.   I also got a 990 pro, hopefully the wear issues are sorted out with the firmware by the time x3d comes out.  I have no patience lol.

 

Btw why can't you use a network card or something to get your extra lan?  

 

 

What kinda tabs are you thinking?  I'm open to any ideas to make it easier.  I started hyperlinking the boards to their websites and might start adding other info.  The B650E Aorus Master has all of its M2's linked to the cpu so all of them are 5.0, whereas the Taichi only has 1, the rest are through chipset so only one is capable of 5.0.... info like that would be nice to know.  

 

 

...re. LAN daughter card, it takes up valuable PCIe on a desktop (rather than HEDT) mobo. 

 

I do admire your courage re. Samsung 990 Pro (I use several 980 Pro), given the various stories about 'disappearing' space. On the 980 Pro, the 2 TB versions are apparently also affected but after recent tests, mine seem to be ok. Hopefully, a firmware update by Samsung for the 990 Pro will fix it w/o gimping the speed.

 

What DDR5 are you getting ? I'm still holding out for a certain type of 32 GB DR sticks.

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

...re. LAN daughter card, it takes up valuable PCIe on a desktop (rather than HEDT) mobo. 

 

I do admire your courage re. Samsung 990 Pro (I use several 980 Pro), given the various stories about 'disappearing' space. On the 980 Pro, the 2 TB versions are apparently also affected but after recent tests, mine seem to be ok. Hopefully, a firmware update by Samsung for the 990 Pro will fix it w/o gimping the speed.

 

What DDR5 are you getting ? I'm still holding out for a certain type of 32 GB DR sticks.

 

You really are a power user lol.  I'm sitting here like I will never need more than 1 possibly 2 m2 slots, 1 x16, a sata for my 14tb of stuff.  And that's it.  I don't even need the 2.5 as my internet is 50mbps and I don't really need a network faster than 1gbps.  I'm a loser lol.   

 

F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RK

 

They were on sale yesterday and were on the qvl list.   Wanted some 6600 but didn't wanna risk having issues either.  I don't know enough about ram compatibility/overclocking to take too many chances.  

 

I think everything else in my sig will work with it.  Get rid of 5800 and the board.   It's gonna be a wall mount so won't be using the case so eatx isn't an issue.  

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ozlay said:

I wish there was more boards with 10Gbe. And in smaller form factor. An ITX with 10Gbe would be amazing.

 

me too. even thought I'm skipping this generation I'm not even interested in boards that don't have onboard 10 GbE. 

 

Asrock had ~$200 boards with 10 GbE during Z370/Z390's hayday (Taichi Ultimate), now the cheapest is a the $309 Gigabyte (:sad_sick:) Z690 Aero-D or $499 Asus ProArt X670 😐

  • Thanks 1

1337.69

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

420.42

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
OPERATING SYSTEM 2: Debian 12.5 KDE
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Nikado7 said:

 

You really are a power user lol.  I'm sitting here like I will never need more than 1 possibly 2 m2 slots, 1 x16, a sata for my 14tb of stuff.  And that's it.  I don't even need the 2.5 as my internet is 50mbps and I don't really need a network faster than 1gbps.  I'm a loser lol.   

 

F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RK

 

They were on sale yesterday and were on the qvl list.   Wanted some 6600 but didn't wanna risk having issues either.  I don't know enough about ram compatibility/overclocking to take too many chances.  

 

I think everything else in my sig will work with it.  Get rid of 5800 and the board.   It's gonna be a wall mount so won't be using the case so eatx isn't an issue.  

 

...yeah, re. LAN and PCIe lanes, I keep on referencing 'work + play, productivity' and so forth...it's like being a contractor who wants a pick-up truck with a certain minimum payload capacity 😃 

 

...As to DDR5  32GB DR sticks, the ones I want aren't out yet > 7200 MT A-die. I plan to buy several of this type for mix-and-match applications across different Intel and AMD...

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hardest thing mine will ever have to do is play GTA.  Sometimes fs 2020 and maybe I'll get into another game at some point in my life but I have no plans upgrading my 3080ti anytime soon.   The rest of the computer....I'm hoping it lasts a good 5 years +.   5950x is still a legend so I think 7950x3d should do the trick.  

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Nikado7 said:

The hardest thing mine will ever have to do is play GTA.  Sometimes fs 2020 and maybe I'll get into another game at some point in my life but I have no plans upgrading my 3080ti anytime soon.   The rest of the computer....I'm hoping it lasts a good 5 years +.   5950x is still a legend so I think 7950x3d should do the trick.  

 

A well performing 5950X combined w/ the 2x LAN Dark Hero mobo, fast RAM and a 4090 is all I really need(ed) since I play exclusively at 4K (FS2020, CP 2077, Ride4, ForzaH 5, F1 2021 etc). I may be short a few fps compared to AM5 or Z690/790, but in CP 2077 with the latest patches, my average 4K ultra fps is > 130 anyway (on a OLED 4K / 120); FS 2020 around 115 to 120 fps at 4K ultra.

 

Bonus: No P+E cores, no differential CCXs, no 'arguments' with the Windows 10 Pro scheduler. I will of course still upgrade in due course, but I doubt that I will actually notice, other than in benchies. 

 

ropbench1_2b.jpg.fd24772fd2682bee6f46b66f1266998b.jpg

 

Edited by J7SC_Orion
  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found someone else already did what I did, and a lot better.  Edited original post.  

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ozlay said:

I liked yours better.

Yeah I did have to copy theirs and put it all on one sheet and tweak some other things.  Interesting how going above and beyond can sometimes be a bad thing.  Just wish I knew they did it before I spent all night on it lol.   

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x16 TridentZ 4400
GPU: 3080ti FE
SSD/NVME: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: Super Flower Leadex SE 1000W Platinum
CASE: InWin 315
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Basic Acryl Clean
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 7950x
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B650E Taichi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400 (2x16GB)
SSD/NVME: WD Black SN850X 2TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W
WC CPU BLOCK: Optimus Foundation AM5 Nickel
CASE: 011 XL White
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 360 Core
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy