Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

2023 HWBOT Team Cup!

Go to solution Solved by Avacado,

@damric Luke W T F is your Heaven score for the 6850. Why can't I beat it. You sir are an OC monster. Are you sure you aren't overhyping those high temps in Bama?

Edited by Avacado

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1 hour ago, Avacado said:

@damric Luke W T F is your Heaven score for the 6850. Why can't I beat it. You sir are an OC monster. Are you sure you aren't overhyping those high temps in Bama?

What are you using for clocks and voltage? My score is just using regular Afterburner but I'm going to try the extreme version today or tomorrow. It's on an accelero but the office temps are almost 30C. I'll turn on the auxiliary window AC unit for my next run. Also there's an LOD mod that I haven't tried yet. Also I'm going to try a running it from a RAM disk.

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

13 minutes ago, damric said:

What are you using for clocks and voltage? My score is just using regular Afterburner but I'm going to try the extreme version today or tomorrow. It's on an accelero but the office temps are almost 30C. I'll turn on the auxiliary window AC unit for my next run. Also there's an LOD mod that I haven't tried yet. Also I'm going to try a running it from a RAM disk.

Swapped out to an 8700K last night. 5.0GHz, 4000MHz on the RAM. The GPU gets unstable past 1109 core no matter what voltage I run. So I had been running 1109/1225. I did manage to beat your score on stream last night by 30 points with Noah, but I didn't have HWinfo running, when I re-ran the same settings, I crashed. That is when I shut it down and went to eat dinner. 

Still, you put up a solid score. Is yours even on water?

Edited by Avacado

3 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Swapped out to an 8700K last night. 5.0GHz, 4000MHz on the RAM. The GPU gets unstable past 1109 core no matter what voltage I run. So I had been running 1109/1225. I did manage to beat your score on stream last night by 30 points with Noah, but I didn't have HWinfo running, when I re-ran the same settings, I crashed. That is when I shut it down and went to eat dinner. 

Still, you put up a solid score. Is yours even on water?

No it's a reference card that I put an Arctic Accelero cooler on there that I had laying around. Your clocks are higher than mine so it should be faster. My CPU isn't even getting to 5GHz. There's a lot of score variance between runs so I ran it like 20 times. 

In the Radeon driver be sure to check the box for surface format optimization and texture filtering to performance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

23 minutes ago, damric said:

No it's a reference card that I put an Arctic Accelero cooler on there that I had laying around. Your clocks are higher than mine so it should be faster. My CPU isn't even getting to 5GHz. There's a lot of score variance between runs so I ran it like 20 times. 

In the Radeon driver be sure to check the box for surface format optimization and texture filtering to performance. 

I re-installed the beta Crimson drivers last night to enable the LODish modding with the perf settings. I am however running on Win 10 and I know that has to hurt scores a bit. Are you running win 7?

7 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I re-installed the beta Crimson drivers last night to enable the LODish modding with the perf settings. I am however running on Win 10 and I know that has to hurt scores a bit. Are you running win 7?

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

i did get a r5 2600 for another competition, DDR4 max clock! I have it un a unify-x havent tested it yet. Also my HD6850 shows as HD6850X2 in the benchmarks so i cant use it... I did ask on the hwbot forums but didnt got a reply. It tops out at 925MHz / 1200MHz anyway so i will be placed second to last 😛

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kaliz said:

i did get a r5 2600 for another competition, DDR4 max clock! I have it un a unify-x havent tested it yet. Also my HD6850 shows as HD6850X2 in the benchmarks so i cant use it... I did ask on the hwbot forums but didnt got a reply. It tops out at 925MHz / 1200MHz anyway so i will be placed second to last 😛

@leeghoofd said you could use it

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/225243-the-official-cheapaz-chips-round-1-radeon-hd-6850-thread/#comment-643190

• Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

don't tease me 😥

I could do the Intel/AMD IGP ones but @Fluxmaven and @damric already have those with better hardware. 

• Respect 3

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
OPERATING SYSTEM 2: Debian 12.5 KDE
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, The Pook said:

don't tease me 😥

I could do the Intel/AMD IGP ones but @Fluxmaven and @damric already have those with better hardware. 

You never know you might do better than me

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 minute ago, damric said:

You never know you might do better than me

probably safe to assume I won't 🙃

Zen 2 vs Zen 3 and my rig uses SODIMM, BIOS doesn't let me go over 1.35v. I top out at DDR4-3533. 

• Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
OPERATING SYSTEM 2: Debian 12.5 KDE
Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

@Avacadodon't tease pookie.

Btw, don't forget to pack that pussy cyst you're removing from some body's neck. It won't drain properly otherwise; and that's as in 'puss-filled' cyst. If you were thinking of anything else, get your mind out of the gutter 😉

Edited by iamjanco
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

@Avacadodon't tease pookie.

Btw, don't forget to pack that pussy cyst you're removing from some body's neck. It won't drain properly otherwise; and that's as in 'puss-filled' cyst. If you were thing of anything else, get your mind out of the gutter 😉

Hilarious. Yea, that happened in nursing school. The correct term would be purulent. I have to get my jabs in on pookie dookie where I can, he's up in the count 3 to 1 IIRC.

Edited by Avacado

26 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

Purulent? I much prefer the layperson's term.

hits closer to home...

(I won't share pix)

The particular student was asked to explain the female patients condition (Infected, draining wound) in a sentence (Very humorous). Hence, Pussy drainage only means one thing to medical professionals. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

lol. i'm not a medical professional, but i did have one of those cut out of the small of my back when i was stationed in Holland. very deep, painful (especially when it was sliced opened), enlarged, and full of 'purulence,' and was packed with gauze by a 'medical professional' to keep it draining for a week. 

felt a lot better after that, as i can recall. 

Edited by iamjanco
  • Respect 2

On 22/06/2023 at 06:12, Avacado said:

He's not - I'm here too. 
He's further south than I but temps/heat is roughly the same overall except he has more humidity on average to deal with.

BTW in case you guys missed it, for AM3+ I was able to get the bot to allow a couple of 4 core chips for the 7-Zip part, namely FX-4100 and FX-4300 chips.
I reminded them there are only a few boards (Mostly Gigabyte boards) that can truly support 1 core/1 module operation (4P) and because of this restriction there woudn't be too many with subs in that category - Effectively making it more or less a "Giga-Fest" instead of a truely competitive stage.

My thing was for people that wanted to compete could do so without having to track down these certain board makes & models that do and there aren't too many of them out there to get, nor are they cheap if in good working condition - Which was one point I also made.
Also - With lesser availability if you see one for sale, is it a good, useable board or just someone else's junk? That does affect who gets what and has it to compete with but now that these chips are included, basically anyone with a board that supports an FX chip CAN do a sub and it's fine for the comp at least.

I mean why impose restrictions that could lead to folks being turned away at the door if they want to compete?
You want more competition, you gotta make it doable at least for the majority that would want in on this and that was the point of it.

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 5

2 hours ago, Bones said:

He's not - I'm here too. 
He's further south than I but temps/heat is roughly the same overall except he has more humidity on average to deal with.

BTW in case you guys missed it, for AM3+ I was able to get the bot to allow a couple of 4 core chips for the 7-Zip part, namely FX-4100 and FX-4300 chips.
I reminded them there are only a few boards (Mostly Gigabyte boards) that can truly support 1 core/1 module operation (4P) and because of this restriction there woudn't be too many with subs in that category - Effectively making it more or less a "Giga-Fest" instead of a truely competitive stage.

My thing was for people that wanted to compete could do so without having to track down these certain board makes & models that do and there aren't too many of them out there to get, nor are they cheap if in good working condition - Which was one point I also made.
Also - With lesser availability if you see one for sale, is it a good, useable board or just someone else's junk? That does affect who gets what and has it to compete with but now that these chips are included, basically anyone with a board that supports an FX chip CAN do a sub and it's fine for the comp at least.

I mean why impose restrictions that could lead to folks being turned away at the door if they want to compete?
You want more competition, you gotta make it doable at least for the majority that would want in on this and that was the point of it.

Hello my friend. Hope you've been well. Good to see you here

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

4 hours ago, Bones said:

I did follow the conversation where you mentioned this, and I'm glad you did. An FX4300 is on the way to me to make it easy 😁

Edited by Bastiaan_NL
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

Some extra information from @leeghoofd:

"Only Microsoft operating Systems allowed
BenchMate 10.12.2 version only
CPU-Z 2.06 or newer unless specifically mentioned
GPU-Z 2.54
All other benchmark versions need to be updated including eg the Systeminfo 2.64.1188 or newer
Monitoring, systeminfo remain enabled for all UL Benchmarks"
And as always, check the specific rules for the benchmark you are running on the HWBOT page before submitting. If you have doubts, DM the team captains.

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

10 hours ago, Avacado said:

Can always count on Bones to drop by during team cup and share the knowledge. 

You guys will be fine, Keep is here now and he has plenty of experience as you already know.
Take what you learned from last year and mind the basics of it.
Looking foward to seeing what you guys can do this time around.

Do know even though a few 4 cores are now valid for the comp I woudn't expect too much from all that since the Gigas that can run 4P with an 8 or 9 series FX chip will most likely dominate this stage anyway, but at the same time it's better to have a sub period than nothing at all.
And you never know if you'll get a freak chip or not. 😁

11 hours ago, keeph8n said:

Hello my friend. Hope you've been well. Good to see you here

It's good to hear from you - I hope all is going well for you.

Edited by Bones
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

9 hours ago, Bones said:

Do know even though a few 4 cores are now valid for the comp I woudn't expect too much from all that since the Gigas that can run 4P with an 8 or 9 series FX chip will most likely dominate this stage anyway, but at the same time it's better to have a sub period than nothing at all.
And you never know if you'll get a freak chip or not. 😁

The main goal is getting enough subs. I can prepare some things in advance so there is a bit more chance for decent scores but most of it will be just fillers.

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 24/06/2023 at 06:42, Bones said:

I'm going to use your post to go on a small rant.

The only reason I stopped participating at Hwbot, is because a few elite members who control HWBot control every aspect of the "competitions". The rules are arbitrary and capricious (such as LOD/Tess manipulation) and most of the competitions are basically the same pros almost every time at the top. There are a ton of awesome members and even some great information sharing, but trends became evident the more I participated there. HwBot gives you the ability to filter results by cooling options, but still assigns points in a raw format. If the points were assigned within the hardware limitations, it would make the competitions far more 'competitive' for people without exotic cooling, and the people at the top would still be the same people at the top. Even if you didn't do it by the hardware on the submission, do it within the leagues. The extreme league members are almost always going to beat the novice league members with the same hardware, they have better cooling, per the league requirements.

Most of the competition results are unattainable for 99.99% of people who buy PC hardware.  Thats not to say they arent incredible and impressive, but I felt comparing people with air cooling vs someone using LN2 on the same benchmark seems less than ideal, to me. The competitions and scoring should reflect those differences, imo. Joe Gamer who just bought a 13900KS is never going to put up the overclock that pros can put up, especially when top pros have exotic cooling and Joe Gamer has an air blower fan in a case.

This is why I really liked the one competition last year @Sugi0lover over on OC.net won, because it was current hardware, with some restrictions to keep a level playing field, and it made each person show different aspects of overclocking, RAM/CPU, etc. Its unfortunate they don't do that for all their competitions.

/rant over

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 2