Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Folding@Home, Team 239902

1 hour ago, BWG said:

But, I folded 230 million in under days 🤯

I've been averaging like 5.8m/day close to the most i've done ever

🙂

• Respect 3

Owned

CPU: 10900k
MOTHERBOARD: EVGA z490 DARK
RAM: 32GB 3600mhz G.Skill
GPU: EVGA 2080 SUPER
SSD/NVME: 970 EVO plus 1TB
CASE: Thermaltake Core x71
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-11700K
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z590-P WIFI
RAID CONTROLLER: Dell H200E
HDD: 15x4TB MD1000
SSD/NVME: 10x512GB Samsung SSD (Cache) MD1000
OPERATING SYSTEM: Unraid 6.11.5
Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, BWG said:

But, I folded 230 million in under days 🤯

We can go on for hours like this.. 😂

@firedfly congrats with your 5 billion points milestone! :cheers:

• Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

12 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

@firedfly congrats with your 5 billion points milestone! :cheers:

Thanks!  My ppd will be pretty low for a while.  Helping with the competition this week at [H].  I may stick around folding for them for a brief bit afterwards to hit a few point milestones for my old team before I transition back here...and to make sure @BWG doesn't have more points than me over there!

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, NBrock said:

I have a 14,636 in 1080P extreme #47 right now 😞 not sure how much more I can eek out of the FE and my 10980XE and #30 in 4k optimized 

Just curious, what kinda power does your FE draw for a result like that?
Did you share it on HWBOT too? (I searched for paperclip but it gave me an error)

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 24/01/2022 at 20:21, NBrock said:

That's linux though right? I'm in Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, mine sucks on Windows which one of them are on it right now because I need to remove the AMD driver off that Ubuntu to get it to work again.

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

On 25/01/2022 at 13:25, Bastiaan_NL said:

Just curious, what kinda power does your FE draw for a result like that?
Did you share it on HWBOT too? (I searched for paperclip but it gave me an error)

I never got a HWBOT lol

If my math was right. It was consuming about 440 watts for that (shunt modded).

Edited by NBrock

10 hours ago, NBrock said:

I never got a HWBOT lol

If my math was right. It was consuming about 440 watts for that (shunt modded).

That's not a lot of powerdraw. 
On my most recent play time with the 3080Ti I managed to draw a maximum of 457w, never seen that before.
3090 was upper 440w before it started crapping itself. After that it maxed out at 380w 😂

Folding related, the first card is switched back to EHW. I don't like 0's on the EOC page..
Had some trouble with the workstation, seems like it was driver related. Because of the ETF I never took the system offline to update the drivers, where the other 3 systems are running the latest drivers.
It showed the following in device manager: Code 31, this device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device, fingers crossed that it's nothing else..

Owned

Full Rig Info

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-3652.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 4

Owned

Full Rig Info

Congrats @BWG 🎉

I've got one too 😄

FoldingAtHome-points-certificate-2347.jpg.0109669d3cc922e2e9d5fb01ea77f06d.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 6

Owned

Full Rig Info

Well, it's been a fun year of doing what I could to help out, but I'm calling it quits for a final time. With life dealing a lot of challenges to me going forward, I'll be unable to designate any time to this forum, and I've requested account deletion. I do not want to participate in any web forums going forward, and I'm going to need all of my time to care for my family, and my sick Mother & Sister. Thank you for the good memories. I hope you all continue to support Enterprise and EHW going forward. 

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 5
  • Respect 10

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
On 01/02/2022 at 08:59, BWG said:

Well, it's been a fun year of doing what I could to help out, but I'm calling it quits for a final time. With life dealing a lot of challenges to me going forward, I'll be unable to designate any time to this forum, and I've requested account deletion. I do not want to participate in any web forums going forward, and I'm going to need all of my time to care for my family, and my sick Mother & Sister. Thank you for the good memories. I hope you all continue to support Enterprise and EHW going forward. 

You'll be missed. I can't believe I missed this post until now. Who is going to fill your shoes?

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, damric said:

You'll be missed. I can't believe I missed this post until now. Who is going to fill your shoes?

He certainly will be ! As for shoe filling, we are wanting someone to take on what BWG did , so spread the word !

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Congrats with 1 billion points @franz 🍻

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 01/02/2022 at 06:59, BWG said:

My prayers and good thoughts are coming your way.  I wish nothing but the best for your mom and sister, and the rest of your family during this time.  Maybe one day we'll see you around again.  Maybe not.  Take care brother.  We all love you (no homo).  I do hope to one day see a more happy post from you returning.  But if not, just know we care about you. 🙂

Very sad to see you go, folding around here just won't be the same.  Just remember, YOU are the reason I joined here BWG.  I wouldn't have even known about EHW if it weren't for you and your constant badgering of me to start folding for EHW.  Now.....I'm nonstop folding on my team rig at minimum.  YOU did that. 🙂  I'll bet others can say the same.

Edited by pioneerisloud
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

20 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

My prayers and good thoughts are coming your way.  I wish nothing but the best for your mom and sister, and the rest of your family during this time.  Maybe one day we'll see you around again.  Maybe not.  Take care brother.  We all love you (no homo).  I do hope to one day see a more happy post from you returning.  But if not, just know we care about you. 🙂

Very sad to see you go, folding around here just won't be the same.  Just remember, YOU are the reason I joined here BWG.  I wouldn't have even known about EHW if it weren't for you and your constant badgering of me to start folding for EHW.  Now.....I'm nonstop folding on my team rig at minimum.  YOU did that. 🙂  I'll bet others can say the same.

Indeed. Greg poached me for ETF too. We had our differences in the past, but I wouldn't change the experience for anything. All BS aside, nothing matters more than your health and by extension family health. As a nurse, I see suffering everyday and when anyone is going through that, every other issue ceases to matter. Sorry for the way things paned out brother, be well. 

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 2

7 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I can certainly second that. Im hoping when life brightens up that he will return. But either way I wish him all the best, along with a healthy dose of gratitude for all he has done 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Thanks guys. I don't know how much I can thank you all for support all around. I'm still in ETF, still will FAT, but my time reading will be greatly reduced. 

Many very fond memories and will be continued in due time. I reached out to some people today on my lunch break. Other than 1 etf participant I nudged today that will be back up soon, everyone is posting production every day. Foldaholics needs some folders still. If you know of anyone, that would be great. We've only had 1 hardware swap mtd, so it hasn't been much of a bother.

My Wife, Kids, and I are fine. We did all end up with covid last month, finally, but it really wasn't too bad. It's my Mother, Step-Mother, Brother-in-Law, and Sister that haven't been doing well. My Mom was released on Sunday, and my Sister on Tuesday. Extended stays, admission October for Mom, and December for my Sister. I had told a few people. It's been so heavy on me for a while barely seeing neither due to covid restrictions. I could only visit in person during rehab. Will we ever get back to normal?  

If I get an evening soon to myself, you might see me try and do some HWBOT.  

I'll try to drop by here once a week to read and let you know how things are going and see what's in here.

• Respect 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
2 hours ago, BWG said:

Thanks guys. I don't know how much I can thank you all for support all around. I'm still in ETF, still will FAT, but my time reading will be greatly reduced. 

Many very fond memories and will be continued in due time. I reached out to some people today on my lunch break. Other than 1 etf participant I nudged today that will be back up soon, everyone is posting production every day. Foldaholics needs some folders still. If you know of anyone, that would be great. We've only had 1 hardware swap mtd, so it hasn't been much of a bother.

My Wife, Kids, and I are fine. We did all end up with covid last month, finally, but it really wasn't too bad. It's my Mother, Step-Mother, Brother-in-Law, and Sister that haven't been doing well. My Mom was released on Sunday, and my Sister on Tuesday. Extended stays, admission October for Mom, and December for my Sister. I had told a few people. It's been so heavy on me for a while barely seeing neither due to covid restrictions. I could only visit in person during rehab. Will we ever get back to normal?  

If I get an evening soon to myself, you might see me try and do some HWBOT.  

I'll try to drop by here once a week to read and let you know how things are going and see what's in here.

So glad to hear from you. Glad your immediate family circle is doing well and sorry to hear about the others. Michele and I got sick like right on Christmas for a few days, but luckily it wasn't that severe. The kids got it a couple weeks later, but also not too bad. We've been having meetings with the boss E on how to pick up the folding slack. It might take like 5 of us to somewhat mitigate what you can do by yourself, but I'm pretty sure a good plan is coming in to place. Stay well, and try and de-stress when you can. 

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

Wow, 8 days have passed already. Sister stayed at my place Saturday. She's getting better. She's still hobbling around and cannot drive. Has a lot of doctor visits, but she's going to be fine. Patsy and I have a date night tonight with my Mom & Step-Dad. She's in a wheelchair right now. She's working to get out of that. Her hand-writing and some other basic things are not as good as they used to be, but she's getting better. Brother-in-law might be losing to Cancer this time around, but we still have hope he'll beat it. Frequent transfusions just like my Wife's Grandmother right before she passed. So, overall, things are looking up. Just a lot at one time. Thanks for caring everyone! I have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. We finally were able to re-schedule my Dads Christmas. Doing that on Saturday. 

Folding the hertz9753 24/7 in ETF still in his honor. I saw his Sister passed away recently. Had a blip this week with the shotty molnex daisy chain I had to do with the pump at the end. Pump shut off as I was checking all the PC's for the first time in 5 days. Had it not happened then, I think it would have killed the 960. It and the CPU were frying hott. 95 or so. I just took out the fans and plugged it in directly. Worked just fine after.

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 4

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, BWG said:

Wow, 8 days have passed already. Sister stayed at my place Saturday. She's getting better. She's still hobbling around and cannot drive. Has a lot of doctor visits, but she's going to be fine. Patsy and I have a date night tonight with my Mom & Step-Dad. She's in a wheelchair right now. She's working to get out of that. Her hand-writing and some other basic things are not as good as they used to be, but she's getting better. Brother-in-law might be losing to Cancer this time around, but we still have hope he'll beat it. Frequent transfusions just like my Wife's Grandmother right before she passed. So, overall, things are looking up. Just a lot at one time. Thanks for caring everyone! I have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. We finally were able to re-schedule my Dads Christmas. Doing that on Saturday. 

Folding the hertz9753 24/7 in ETF still in his honor. I saw his Sister passed away recently. Had a blip this week with the shotty molnex daisy chain I had to do with the pump at the end. Pump shut off as I was checking all the PC's for the first time in 5 days. Had it not happened then, I think it would have killed the 960. It and the CPU were frying hott. 95 or so. I just took out the fans and plugged it in directly. Worked just fine after.

Love to you and the family dude!

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 4 weeks later...