Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is getting an Nvidia 30 series GPU ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by NavJack27 View Post

    I've played every VR game that I have so far just in my chair. Just never got around to mounting the base stations in the corners of my living room. Yeah I punch my monitor a couple times but whatever lol.
    Who needs monitors anyway

    Also it looks like Nvidia may be breaking its two year (or so) GPU cycle as its being suggested that Hopper, on the 5nm node may be with us in 2021, possibly to counter AMD.

    https://www.notebookcheck.net/DigiTi....464133.0.html
    Signature
    Welcome to EHW
    Site Guide & Features
    Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
    Site projects supported by your donations

    Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
    Motherboard
    Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
    GPU
    Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
    Memory
    32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
    PSU
    EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
    Storage
    1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
    Storage
    1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
    Cooling
    Custom WC
    Monitor
    Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
    Case
    Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Collapse

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

      Who needs monitors anyway

      Also it looks like Nvidia may be breaking its two year (or so) GPU cycle as its being suggested that Hopper, on the 5nm node may be with us in 2021, possibly to counter AMD.

      https://www.notebookcheck.net/DigiTi....464133.0.html
      With 2x w-cooled 2080 TIs rocking away on a 4K monitor, I haven't really hit a performance barrier yet, so if there's some additional confirmation re. 5nm Hopper in latish 2021, I might skip Ampere and go straight to Hopper
      Collapse

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Andrew View Post
        I'm not. I'm using a 2070 at the moment and it's more than enough for what I need. Unless my 2070 breaks out of warranty, I'll be likely to only buy a 50 or 60 series card.
        I have a 4K monitor now. I change my mind, I'll most likely end up getting a 3080 and I'll sell my 2070.
        Signature
        CPU
        Ryzen 5 1600
        Motherboard
        Asus Prime B350 Plus
        GPU
        EVGA RTX 2070
        Memory
        16GB Corsair (2x8GB)
        Storage
        Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
        Storage
        Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
        Storage
        Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
        PSU
        EVGA Supernova 650 G2
        Keyboard
        Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue
        Mouse
        Steelseries Rival 310
        Monitor
        LG 49UM7400PLB
        Monitor
        Dell E207WFP
        Monitor
        Valve Index
        Operating System
        Windows 10 Pro
        Case
        Fractal Design Meshify C
        Keyboard
        Thrustmaster T300RS
        Collapse

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Andrew View Post

          I have a 4K monitor now. I change my mind, I'll most likely end up getting a 3080 and I'll sell my 2070.
          Sell it soon to make the best return on it that you can, Ebay FTW.
          Signature
          Welcome to EHW
          Site Guide & Features
          Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
          Site projects supported by your donations

          Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
          CPU
          AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
          Motherboard
          Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
          GPU
          Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
          Memory
          32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
          PSU
          EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
          Storage
          1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
          Storage
          1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
          Cooling
          Custom WC
          Monitor
          Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
          Case
          Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
          Operating System
          Windows 10 Pro X64
          Collapse

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

            Sell it soon to make the best return on it that you can, Ebay FTW.
            I would do that, but then I'd have the problem of having no GPU until the 3080 gets released.
            Signature
            CPU
            Ryzen 5 1600
            Motherboard
            Asus Prime B350 Plus
            GPU
            EVGA RTX 2070
            Memory
            16GB Corsair (2x8GB)
            Storage
            Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
            Storage
            Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
            Storage
            Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
            PSU
            EVGA Supernova 650 G2
            Keyboard
            Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue
            Mouse
            Steelseries Rival 310
            Monitor
            LG 49UM7400PLB
            Monitor
            Dell E207WFP
            Monitor
            Valve Index
            Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro
            Case
            Fractal Design Meshify C
            Keyboard
            Thrustmaster T300RS
            Collapse

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Andrew View Post

              I would do that, but then I'd have the problem of having no GPU until the 3080 gets released.
              the big lebowski opinion GIF

              You should do what I did for ages before the 2080Ti released when I sold my 1080Ti's....Rock some old school Quadro I had under my bed.
              Signature
              Welcome to EHW
              Site Guide & Features
              Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
              Site projects supported by your donations

              Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
              CPU
              AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
              Motherboard
              Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
              GPU
              Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
              Memory
              32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
              PSU
              EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
              Storage
              1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
              Storage
              1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
              Cooling
              Custom WC
              Monitor
              Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
              Case
              Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
              Operating System
              Windows 10 Pro X64
              Collapse

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

                the big lebowski opinion GIF

                You should do what I did for ages before the 2080Ti released when I sold my 1080Ti's....Rock some old school Quadro I had under my bed.

                ...so that's the monster under the bed kids are scared off ?!

                Found some more detailed info on the (current) top 'industrial' Ampere, the A100...For 3080 Ti (and Titan Ampere), take out HBM2 40GB for 24GB / 12GB (?) GDDR6, take out a few tensor cores and add rt cores - and voila. Real question is what final configs they'll launch, also with an eye on big-Navi (also due in Q3).

                All that said, by the time custom PCB cards are out and enough supply is available, we might be into Christmas holidays / early 2021 ? Hopefully, it will be a better release than RTX Turing was, and no 'test escapes' this time...


                Collapse

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by J7SC_Orion View Post


                  ...so that's the monster under the bed kids are scared off ?!

                  Found some more detailed info on the (current) top 'industrial' Ampere, the A100...For 3080 Ti (and Titan Ampere), take out HBM2 40GB for 24GB / 12GB (?) GDDR6, take out a few tensor cores and add rt cores - and voila. Real question is what final configs they'll launch, also with an eye on big-Navi (also due in Q3).

                  All that said, by the time custom PCB cards are out and enough supply is available, we might be into Christmas holidays / early 2021 ? Hopefully, it will be a better release than RTX Turing was, and no 'test escapes' this time...

                  It is going to be interesting for sure when the true specs are released. Semi finished the new WC setup on my rig bar some tweaks etc which will better allow for WC GPU. Im hoping when its released the GPU's with blocks do not take too long to come out. Ha yeah fingers crossed there will not be broken cards coming off the line this time.
                  Signature
                  Welcome to EHW
                  Site Guide & Features
                  Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                  Site projects supported by your donations

                  Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                  CPU
                  AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                  Motherboard
                  Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                  GPU
                  Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                  Memory
                  32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                  PSU
                  EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                  Storage
                  1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                  Storage
                  1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                  Cooling
                  Custom WC
                  Monitor
                  Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                  Case
                  Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                  Operating System
                  Windows 10 Pro X64
                  Collapse

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

                    It is going to be interesting for sure when the true specs are released. Semi finished the new WC setup on my rig bar some tweaks etc which will better allow for WC GPU. Im hoping when its released the GPU's with blocks do not take too long to come out. Ha yeah fingers crossed there will not be broken cards coming off the line this time.

                    ...WC GPU w/ D5 Next - nice...

                    One thing on my mind is the 400W power rating of the A100 'big' Ampere at ~ 1.4GHz. Granted, 54 billion transistors, 40 GB of HBM2 and all that stuff which likely won't make it into the consumer 3080 Ti or Titan versions. Still, with 7nm designs concentrating hot-spots, it will be crucial to find a really well-designed GPU water-block.
                    Last edited by J7SC_Orion; 22-05-2020, 11:15 PM.
                    Collapse

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by J7SC_Orion View Post


                      ...WC GPU w/ D5 Next - nice...

                      One thing on my mind is the 400W power rating of the A100 'big' Ampere at ~ 1.4GHz. Granted, 54 billion transistors, 40 MB of HBM2 and all that stuff which likely won't make it into the consumer 3080 Ti or Titan versions. Still, with 7nm designs concentrating hot-spots, it will be crucial to find a really well-designed GPU water-block.
                      Yeah hoping it will work out. Actually interested to see if it effects the CPU temps any, will find out tomorrow.

                      Yeah could be somewhat power hungry, may be a die shrink but they are packing a tonne on that die, so decent coolers will be needed, another reason why its rumoured that even the FE cards will come in a 3 fan config.
                      Signature
                      Welcome to EHW
                      Site Guide & Features
                      Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                      Site projects supported by your donations

                      Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                      CPU
                      AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                      Motherboard
                      Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                      GPU
                      Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                      Memory
                      32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                      PSU
                      EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                      Storage
                      1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                      Storage
                      1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                      Cooling
                      Custom WC
                      Monitor
                      Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                      Case
                      Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                      Operating System
                      Windows 10 Pro X64
                      Collapse

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by The Pook View Post
                        depends entirely on prices, I'm not paying >$1000 for a GPU lol.
                        ^ This... the mining craze drove GPU prices up and we expect them to settle back down... if this doesn't happen it will be reflected in sales.
                        Collapse

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Well the only reason I think GPU prices from Nvidia will settle a little is only due to the unknowns regarding AMD's upcoming GPU's. I think they will price a little more competitively this round compared to the Turing release.
                          Signature
                          Welcome to EHW
                          Site Guide & Features
                          Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                          Site projects supported by your donations

                          Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                          CPU
                          AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                          Motherboard
                          Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                          GPU
                          Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                          Memory
                          32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                          PSU
                          EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                          Storage
                          1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                          Storage
                          1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                          Cooling
                          Custom WC
                          Monitor
                          Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                          Case
                          Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                          Operating System
                          Windows 10 Pro X64
                          Collapse

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            People allowed prices to be driven up during the mining craze and still bought @ that price because of the "lack of supply"that was convenient for the card makers if no one else.Does anyone REALLY see nvidia LOWERING prices other than in a war with amd(as in the current intel cpu situation)? Without a competitor undercutting them,it will always be "Charge all the market will bear!" and as long as people continue to purchase the newest release simply because it's "the NEWEST release" and not because they actually need an upgrade,Nvidia will continue the practice of all the buyer will bear.
                            CPU
                            AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
                            Motherboard
                            Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
                            Storage
                            Corsair Force MP300 M.2 2280 120GB
                            Storage
                            Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
                            Memory
                            G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C16D-16GVRB
                            GPU
                            EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-2172-KR, Real Boost Clock: 1710 MHz
                            PSU
                            EVGA 650W
                            Case
                            DIYPC DIY-BG01 Black USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case with Pre-installed 3 x 120mm Fans
                            Monitor
                            SCEPTRE E225W-1920
                            Operating System
                            Windows 10 Home - 64-bit
                            Collapse

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by schuck6566 View Post
                              People allowed prices to be driven up during the mining craze and still bought @ that price because of the "lack of supply"that was convenient for the card makers if no one else.Does anyone REALLY see nvidia LOWERING prices other than in a war with amd(as in the current intel cpu situation)? Without a competitor undercutting them,it will always be "Charge all the market will bear!" and as long as people continue to purchase the newest release simply because it's "the NEWEST release" and not because they actually need an upgrade,Nvidia will continue the practice of all the buyer will bear.
                              It is a ''Vote with your wallet'' type deal. That being said, even I am a sucker for this. I bought into the Turing for instance even though it was double the price I paid for my 1080Ti back in the day, all due to the cutting edge. Nvidia is a business at the end of the day, they know people will pay. Granted this time I am not going SLI any longer, I will still get a 3080Ti which I am already prepared for will be about the same price, maybe a little cheaper than Turing release. Guess it all comes down to consumer freedom, if you have worked for the money and have the money to have nice things...then I guess the majority of the time you will buy nice things lol.
                              Signature
                              Welcome to EHW
                              Site Guide & Features
                              Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                              Site projects supported by your donations

                              Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                              CPU
                              AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                              Motherboard
                              Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                              GPU
                              Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                              Memory
                              32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                              PSU
                              EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                              Storage
                              1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                              Storage
                              1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                              Cooling
                              Custom WC
                              Monitor
                              Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                              Case
                              Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                              Operating System
                              Windows 10 Pro X64
                              Collapse

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Agree... speak with Mr. Wallet.... Look at Doom Eternal, the kernel driver was removed... because it was hurting sales... nuff said
                                Collapse

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X