Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Canceled Halo coop mode accessible via glitch

UltraMega

Following the news that Halo Infinite will no longer be getting split-screen local co-op, some players have already discovered a way to take advantage of a menu glitch to make it happen.

As reported by Eurogamer, @Zeny_IC on Twitter discovered that players on Xbox Series X/S can use a menu glitch to add three local co-op players to their game. You can check out how it works in the tutorial by @HaloCreation below and read the steps after the video.

Recently it was announced that local coop would be dropped to bolster other aspects of development for the game, but it looks like local coop works just fine via this menu glitch. It seems to indicate that local coop was canceled arbitrarily to force coop players to own multiple copies of the game. 

Pretty weak move. I personally didn't finish Halo Infinite because the campaign boos fights are increadibly hard in ways that don't feel well thought out. Nothing about the boss fights is fun at all, they're a purely horrible grind. Seems like this game could use all the good will it can get which is why this move seems so dumb.

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

And we expect any different or better from Microsoft?  I keep saying it, and I'll say it again, quit giving greedy companies money.  We have nobody to blame on this but the people that keep giving these companies money that screw over the customer.  I remember a certain screenshot from 2007, of people boycotting EA's Origin and BF3.  On release day, everyone had a copy and were playing it.  What did that tell EA?  Same thing applies here with Microsoft and Halo.

Edited by pioneerisloud
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

31 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

And we expect any different or better from Microsoft?  I keep saying it, and I'll say it again, quit giving greedy companies money.  We have nobody to blame on this but the people that keep giving these companies money that screw over the customer.  I remember a certain screenshot from 2007, of people boycotting EA's Origin and BF3.  On release day, everyone had a copy and were playing it.  What did that tell EA?  Same thing applies here with Microsoft and Halo.

I agree with the sentiment but to hold to all that at all times would leave a pretty small library of titles to play. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Halo without coop just breaks the series. However there aren't too many games that have local coop anymore. Which to me. Broke the appeal of consoles.

I am not fan of Halo infinite anyway. Hopefully the next game in the series is better. 🙂

Edited by ozlay

The charm that Halo held as a franchise is getting smaller and smaller. I used to love the earlier games with the CoOp and of course multiplayer. But none of it feels the same as it used to.

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

I never got into Halo. I think I played multiplayer of it a few times at a friend's house on his Xbox growing up, but that's about it.

I was never much for multiplayer shooters. Co-op though sounds legitimately interesting.

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

3 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

I never got into Halo. I think I played multiplayer of it a few times at a friend's house on his Xbox growing up, but that's about it.

I was never much for multiplayer shooters. Co-op though sounds legitimately interesting.

My parents got divorced during the PS2/Xbox era. I took my PS2 to my moms house and my dad must have thought I needed something to do at his house because he took me to gamestop and bought me an Xbox. We asked the guy there if there was any particular Xbox game we should get to go with it, and he was like "Duh, HALO!" Took it home and played it and my dad who has zero interest in video games was watching at it and saying how impressive it looked for a video game. 

My and my friends used to have a thing where 6+ of us would get together and hook up two Xbox's and play multiplayer team games with two couches back to back in the middle of the room so each team was facing opposite directions and thus could not screen peak. We'd all chip in $5 and order pizza. Some of the best kid memories came from Halo. 

Aside from any nostalgia though, you should play Halo 1 campaign on legendary. There is a reason it's still held in such high praise. The AI is really fun to play with and it always feels like you're fighting against enemies that have an equal or better combat ability as the player which makes progressing feel really rewarding and authentic, without getting too hard or frustrating. I think to this day I can't think of a game that got single player AI right more so than Halo 1. I also think 1 is by far the best in the series. Everything after that is just trying to recapture the magic of Halo 1, not that they're bad, they just never hit as hard as 1 does. I honestly think even today a new player would really enjoy Halo 1. It just gets so much right, far more than most games today do.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 06/09/2022 at 13:46, pioneerisloud said:

I agree with you to a point. The main thing people need to stop doing is pre-ordering games and paying for alpha and beta versions of games. It literally gives developers no incentive to release a game that ISN'T broken on day 1. People need to stop paying companies to be their testers. I remember when it was the other way around and companies paid people to test and report the issues in alpha & beta versions so a (mostly) fixed game was released. Now,we have weeks and months of glitches still being fixed after release of sometimes barely playable games(looking at U cyberpunk!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

I agree with you to a point. The main thing people need to stop doing is pre-ordering games and paying for alpha and beta versions of games. It literally gives developers no incentive to release a game that ISN'T broken on day 1. People need to stop paying companies to be their testers. I remember when it was the other way around and companies paid people to test and report the issues in alpha & beta versions so a (mostly) fixed game was released. Now,we have weeks and months of glitches still being fixed after release of sometimes barely playable games(looking at U cyberpunk!)

Oh absolutely so!  I'll admit, I paid to "alpha test" Beamng.drive.  I'd do it again too as its a finished product (enough) as is if you consider it a sandbox driving simulator.  I look at that particular title as anything extra they release for it as "free DLC" so to speak lol.  HOWEVER, I bought it years and years AFTER it released in alpha stages, its been in alpha stages for 9 years now.  I doubt it'll ever be a "final" game.  But who knows?  I've more than gotten my $20 out of it in gameplay over the years.

Honestly if people (in general) would have just a LITTLE bit of patience, and wait for game reviews to come out, early testers (of the final product), and things like that, and actually READ INTO IT, we'd have a ton of less wasted money on video games and more companies that actually care to release something good.  If its reviewed poorly, its probably a poor waste of money.  I mean seriously, who absolutely HAS to play the latest Cowadooty on release day?  Are you going to die playing last year's Battlefield another couple days while you wait for reviews?  Really?  I get it, people do just that....but that's kind of my point here. 🙂  

On the flip side, developers and publishers have gotten lazy in the internet era too.  I hate to go there, but "back in my day" you could go to the store and buy a boxed CD or DVD copy of a game.  You'd plop it into your computer, and it would just work.  They HAD to make it a playable experience, otherwise magazines would give you a poor rating (which people read), and people on the gaming TV channels would review it poorly, things like that.  DLC wasn't really a thing, but full on expansion packs were.  Which, people were fine with as you got SOOOO much extra content for your money.  With modern broadband internet though, they can release garbage day 1, then release a day 1 DLC and patch update that still breaks it, and then blame it on the patch.  Few days later, send out another update because they promised to fix it, and the cycle continues.  Mix in extra outfits and in game purchases for even more money, and you've got yourself a multi million dollar game that's still broken.  But they promised to fix it, so we'll still give them more money until they do......

So I guess really, the fault is MORESO still on the developers and publishers, but honestly we can blame the customers a little bit for being impatient and wanting things now now now too.  If this were reddit, I'd say everybody is the butthole here.  🤣

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much