Warning: Use of undefined constant facebook - assumed 'facebook' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 6 Warning: Use of undefined constant twitter - assumed 'twitter' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 7 Warning: Use of undefined constant instagram - assumed 'instagram' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 8 Warning: Use of undefined constant instagram - assumed 'instagram' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 9 Warning: Use of undefined constant color - assumed 'color' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 9 Warning: Use of undefined constant instagram - assumed 'instagram' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 10 Warning: Use of undefined constant background - assumed 'background' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 10 Warning: Use of undefined constant skype - assumed 'skype' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 11 Warning: Use of undefined constant youtube - assumed 'youtube' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 12 Warning: Use of undefined constant pinterest - assumed 'pinterest' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 13 Warning: Use of undefined constant vimeo - assumed 'vimeo' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 14 Warning: Use of undefined constant linkedin - assumed 'linkedin' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 15 Warning: Use of undefined constant snapchat - assumed 'snapchat' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 16 Warning: Use of undefined constant color - assumed 'color' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 16 Warning: Use of undefined constant snapchat - assumed 'snapchat' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 17 Warning: Use of undefined constant background - assumed 'background' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 17 Warning: Use of undefined constant twitch - assumed 'twitch' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 18 Warning: Use of undefined constant whatsapp - assumed 'whatsapp' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 19 Warning: Use of undefined constant paypal - assumed 'paypal' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 20 Warning: Use of undefined constant patreon - assumed 'patreon' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 21 Warning: Use of undefined constant github - assumed 'github' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 22 Warning: Use of undefined constant codepen - assumed 'codepen' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant medium - assumed 'medium' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 24 Warning: Use of undefined constant reddit - assumed 'reddit' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 25 Warning: Use of undefined constant slack - assumed 'slack' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 26 Warning: Use of undefined constant teamspeak - assumed 'teamspeak' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 27 Warning: Use of undefined constant soundcloud - assumed 'soundcloud' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 28 Warning: Use of undefined constant color - assumed 'color' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 87 Warning: Use of undefined constant background - assumed 'background' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 94 Warning: Use of undefined constant color - assumed 'color' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 87 Warning: Use of undefined constant background - assumed 'background' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/hwextreme/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 94 EHW Headphone / Earphone Club - ExtremeHW

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EHW Headphone / Earphone Club

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHW Headphone / Earphone Club

???
    Image Sources:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/la-f...02306/page-255
    https://www.wired.com/2015/11/sennheiser-orpheus/
    https://m.shenzhenaudio.com/stax-sr-...eadphones.html
    EHW Headphone / Earphone Club

Purpose
    The purpose of this club is to give us audio nerds an excuse to post, share, and communicate about personal experiences related to Headphones, Earspeakers, Headphone Amps, and the like. This thread will be utilized to support, encourage, and necessitate growth across all facets of the hobby. This thread is not intended to compete with the Speaker Club, but rather to coexist and and encourage healthy discussion.

Membership and Parameters
    Membership is site-wide, but is limited based on the particular gear a member owns/is using in their audio setup.

1) Any headphones / ear speakers / headsets are welcome. (Everyone has to start somewhere)
    2) Be respectful. Audio perception is subjective and relative, please respect people's preferences.
    3) Join by posting below with your gear! A user list will be created in the future.

Organization
    I will utilize the next post to manually track user submissions and individual pieces of equipment. Eventually I will set up a google forms submission system in order to better organize user submissions. Please let me know if anything is broken or out of place.

Sister Thread:
    https://extremehw.net/forum/home-aud...amplifier-club
    Last edited by Simmons; 30-08-2019, 03:12 PM.

Last edited by Simmons; 30-09-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

first?
      • FiiO E10K
      • Philips SHP9500s
      • Philips Fidelio X2
      • Audio Technica ATH-M50X (+ Brainwavz pads & 3.5mm conversion)
      • Massdrop Modern Retro 16150 (+ Brainwavz XL pads)
      • AKG K81 DJ
      really haven't touched anything but my X2s since I bought them, I've been super happy with them.

Comment

First indeed!

For my collection..
        • Sennheiser HD-650
        • Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 Ohm (Removable Cable Mod)
        • Massdrop Hifiman HE-4XX
        • Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart
        • Sennheiser IE-80 IEMs
        • Sennheiser IE-80s IEMs
        My daily headphones at work ar the TH-X00, by far the bassiest headphones I own.
        For music production, my DT-770s are my go to.
        For everything else, I typically go for my HD-650s.
        And whenever I am portable, I love my IE-80. The IE-80 and IE-80s are damn near the same thing, but one is newer lol. I only own the "s" variant because of a recent RMA lol

Comment

I only have DT770s. They're pgood fam.
          CPU: AMD R5 1600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 PLUS GPU: EVGA 2070 Black RAM: 16GB Corsair (2x8GB) Storage 1: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB Storage 2: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White OS: Windows 10 Pro Montior 1: LG 32LD450 Monitor 2: Dell E207WFP VR: Valve Index Keyboard: Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310

Comment

Yeah mine isn't nearly as large as that;
            • Sennheiser HD650 w/balanced cable
            • Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
            • Sennheiser CX 3.00
            • Schiit Jotunheim with balanced DAC

Was really tempted to upgrade my HD650s for awhile now, but just can't find anything that isn't in the thousands of dollars to do so. Also have been tempted to replace my HD4.50s and CX 3.00s with AirPods ?
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come join us for the ExtremeHW Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
              Yeah mine isn't nearly as large as that;
              • Sennheiser HD650 w/balanced cable
              • Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
              • Sennheiser CX 3.00
              • Schiit Jotunheim with balanced DAC

Was really tempted to upgrade my HD650s for awhile now, but just can't find anything that isn't in the thousands of dollars to do so. Also have been tempted to replace my HD4.50s and CX 3.00s with AirPods ?
              Allegedly the new revision of the 650s are pretty good. I believe they are the 660 S?

A buddy of mine is speaking very highly of them, but I haven't done any research on them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmons View Post

Allegedly the new revision of the 650s are pretty good. I believe they are the 660 S?

A buddy of mine is speaking very highly of them, but I haven't done any research on them yet.
                Lol that's kinda funny, the HD660S is almost always seen as the worst of the three: https://www.innerfidelity.com/conten...dphones-page-2
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post

Lol that's kinda funny, the HD660S is almost always seen as the worst of the three: https://www.innerfidelity.com/conten...dphones-page-2
                  Seeing as I just had to go over to his house to help him tune up/position his new suround sound setup, I think it's safe to ignore his opinion lol

Comment

Was it anything fancy, or is he just maybe one of those guys that thinks 7.1 headphones are a real thing?

Comment

Nah, he just is one of those guys coming from thinking entry level beats are good lol

He bought a full klipsch and was confused as to why the sub was being canceled by the towers, and why there was no midbass when the tower speakers were jammed against the wall.

Comment

Alright folks, just got the spreadsheet setup for this club. Keep 'em coming

Comment

Checking in with my ATH-M50x, beloved M-Audio Studiophile Q40, and recently acquired HE-400. And of course, the classic Fiio E10.

Oh, and I actually have some earphones worth mentioning for once. Massdrop x Nuforce EDCs. Only $60, by my measly earphone standards they sound fantastic, and with Comply tips, they're really comfy and don't budge.
                          AMD Ryzen R5 1600X | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K5 | 2x EVGA 1070 Ti FTW2 | 4x8 GB GSkill 3200 MHz Trident Z RGB | WD Blue NVME 500 GB SSD | 2x WD Black 3 TB HDD | Corsair Air 540 | Windows 10 Pro | 2x BenQ GW2765 1440p 27" | Oculus Rift | Vortex Tab90 | Logitech G502

Comment

I'm still bitter about my M50X. I got them for free (+ cost of pads/3.5" conversion parts) so it's not a big deal but everyone I asked who heard them said they were "good but bass heavy."

Either my definition of bass heavy is skewed or the people I asked were big dummies

Comment

Originally posted by The Pook View Post
                              I'm still bitter about my M50X. I got them for free (+ cost of pads/3.5" conversion parts) so it's not a big deal but everyone I asked who heard them said they were "good but bass heavy."

Either my definition of bass heavy is skewed or the people I asked were big dummies
                              I agree with you 100%. I just got them for cheap a while back and they're a solid pair of headphones that are portable and feel pretty durable too.
                              AMD Ryzen R5 1600X | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K5 | 2x EVGA 1070 Ti FTW2 | 4x8 GB GSkill 3200 MHz Trident Z RGB | WD Blue NVME 500 GB SSD | 2x WD Black 3 TB HDD | Corsair Air 540 | Windows 10 Pro | 2x BenQ GW2765 1440p 27" | Oculus Rift | Vortex Tab90 | Logitech G502

Comment

Working...
                              X