Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Foldaholics

Review Manager
2.6k 2,599

Still waiting on the ASUS RMA, and the ASrock board wont recognize anything on the PCI-e bus. I most likely ruined it when I had that coolant leak. So, roughly 1500$ worth of x399 boards that don't work. If I can't get anything rolling by next weekend, you should definitely sub in firedfly. 

Thanks for the update @axipher

6 hours ago, Avacado said:

Still waiting on the ASUS RMA, and the ASrock board wont recognize anything on the PCI-e bus. I most likely ruined it when I had that coolant leak. So, roughly 1500$ worth of x399 boards that don't work. If I can't get anything rolling by next weekend, you should definitely sub in firedfly. 

That sucks on the x399 boards.  I still have an x399 Taichi if you get in a pinch and need a board.

Review Manager
2.6k 2,599
3 minutes ago, tictoc said:

Thanks for the update @axipher

That sucks on the x399 boards.  I still have an x399 Taichi if you get in a pinch and need a board.

I might take you up on it, is it the 3 PCI-e slot one with 3 M.2  ports?

Don't forget to get signed up chaps.....

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Review Manager
2.6k 2,599
17 hours ago, tictoc said:

It's the ATX board, so 4 x16 PCIe slots (2 @ x16 electrical; 2 @ x8 electrical) and three M.2 slots (2 from the CPU and one from the chipset).

@tictoc I want it, pm me your price and payment method. If I can get it before the 1st, strong chance I can get a WC Tesla going for the ETF

Edited by Avacado

17 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Going to run my Quadro K4000 in the ETF. Bought another PSU and when it gets here I will put it on my Z370/8700K board.

:wheee::music_rock::wheee:

That will leave me in the wildcard slot.  I've been testing some random GPUs, so I'll have the hardware sorted before we go live. 

16 minutes ago, tictoc said:

:wheee::music_rock::wheee:

That will leave me in the wildcard slot.  I've been testing some random GPUs, so I'll have the hardware sorted before we go live. 

I have a spare generic GPU waterblock that I will try to affix to it, if not at the very least she'll get some new pads/paste. 

Edited by Avacado

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
50 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Either the K4000 or the GT710. The GT710 looks great from a electricity cost perspective. Either way. I will trial both this weekend and select one to bug zodac about. 

I can do it. Let me know. 

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

• 2 weeks later...
Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

He said to put you in somewhere else, but I'll get ya setup once I have site access.

Owned

Full Rig Info

@Avacado @axipher Are we all ready to start our reign of dominance? 

I'll be folding a 980 KPE for at least the first month.  I ran through some testing on a few different GPUs, but the 980 was the best compromise I could make between actual folding output and ETF points.  I have a few GPUs that might be better for the comp, but the actual PPD was just too low for me to justify running 24/7, when I have other gear sitting on a shelf with respectable output.  

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
726 370
21 hours ago, tictoc said:

@Avacado @axipher Are we all ready to start our reign of dominance? 

I'll be folding a 980 KPE for at least the first month.  I ran through some testing on a few different GPUs, but the 980 was the best compromise I could make between actual folding output and ETF points.  I have a few GPUs that might be better for the comp, but the actual PPD was just too low for me to justify running 24/7, when I have other gear sitting on a shelf with respectable output.  

My 5700 is going to do it's best.

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
32 minutes ago, axipher said:

My 5700 is going to do it's best.

While wifey games tonight? 😉

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

I'm gonna game. TF2 for old times sake? Just kidding.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Sorry for my late start team.

Internet went out in my area Friday night, and then my router decided to begin a slow death sometime during the outage.  This turned into a nightmare to troubleshoot, because I was just assuming that the internet was still down.  I restarted my router a few times, once it looked like the internet was back up, and that is when I started to suspect that, in a rather unbelievable coincidence, my router had also decided to die.  My modem just serves as a dumb bridge to my EdgeRouter, so I went through a bunch of config/re-config on the router and modem, before I noticed that the only port that was lit up on my router was the console port.  Hooked my laptop up to the modem, took it out of bridge mode, and lo and behold I had internet access.

Currently using my ISP modem as my router, so things are back up for now, but I will probably have some additional down-time once I get my new router.  I should be able to time it with the start of a WU, so hopefully it won't affect my folding output.

• Thanks 2

Folding@Home Staff
726 370
8 hours ago, tictoc said:

Sorry for my late start team.

Internet went out in my area Friday night, and then my router decided to begin a slow death sometime during the outage.  This turned into a nightmare to troubleshoot, because I was just assuming that the internet was still down.  I restarted my router a few times, once it looked like the internet was back up, and that is when I started to suspect that, in a rather unbelievable coincidence, my router had also decided to die.  My modem just serves as a dumb bridge to my EdgeRouter, so I went through a bunch of config/re-config on the router and modem, before I noticed that the only port that was lit up on my router was the console port.  Hooked my laptop up to the modem, took it out of bridge mode, and lo and behold I had internet access.

Currently using my ISP modem as my router, so things are back up for now, but I will probably have some additional down-time once I get my new router.  I should be able to time it with the start of a WU, so hopefully it won't affect my folding output.

Fingers crossed, always sucks when it's not an easy to find problem that masks itself as 5 other possibilities.

My worst is when my PiHole decides to just stop resolving DNS breaking new sites but letting me mostly continue to browse current sites I had open already.