Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Foldaholics

24 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Same issue as the K4000 @tictoc. No idea how to fix the issue of failed CUDA initialization. At least the 750Ti is working as expected. So I will be running that I suppose.

I really don't know whats happening, same issue on the 750Ti now? I can only assume that having Quadro drivers and GeForce drivers on the same machine is messing with it somehow. 

Errors.png.1c968152b3e6b67f96959268dd77ce3f.png

First thing I would do is ditch the Quadro drivers, and see if the regular drivers pick up both cards. I'm pretty sure that you can only initialize one NVIDIA driver at a time without creating conflicts. There is not really anything in the Quadro drivers that will accelerate F@H, compared to the regular GeForce drivers.

Edited by tictoc
typos
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Same issue as the K4000 @tictoc. No idea how to fix the issue of failed CUDA initialization. At least the 750Ti is working as expected. So I will be running that I suppose.

I really don't know whats happening, same issue on the 750Ti now? I can only assume that having Quadro drivers and GeForce drivers on the same machine is messing with it somehow. 

Errors.png.1c968152b3e6b67f96959268dd77ce3f.png

Sorry, I skipped over the log section before replying.  The PTX error is indicative of an older CUDA version.  For Windows I think you need 456.xx or newer drivers for compatibility with CUDA 11, and the latest fahcore.

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

I didn't have time to read up further to see if this has been mentioned, but are you on 456.38 or newer for the driver? If not, give that a try to see if anything changes for you.

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, BWG said:

I didn't have time to read up further to see if this has been mentioned, but are you on 456.38 or newer for the driver? If not, give that a try to see if anything changes for you.

I've got the newest ones installed. I'll try what tic suggested. You guys haven't had the pleasure of messing with Tesla or Quadro drivers. It's a real pain. 

1 hour ago, BWG said:

You need the latest driver (471.68) for wu that use core 22-0.0.16 on a GeForce card

Edited by debs3759
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, debs3759 said:

You need the latest driver (471.68) for wu that use core 22-0.0.16 on a GeForce card

Correct, the only issue here is I am not trying to use a GeForce card for the ETF. While I can (780Ti) I prefer to crush @BWG's hopes and dreams (At least the ones that don't have his wife in them).

Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
21 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I've got the newest ones installed. I'll try what tic suggested. You guys haven't had the pleasure of messing with Tesla or Quadro drivers. It's a real pain. 

Alright. Ugh.

15 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Correct, the only issue here is I am not trying to use a GeForce card for the ETF. While I can (780Ti) I prefer to crush @BWG's hopes and dreams (At least the ones that don't have his wife in them).

Welcome to the forums!

Don't have to dream, she is on it! 😉 I really don't know how I got such a loving and caring Wife, but I thank the man or woman above on that one. I was so poor when we met too. True Love! 

I've been messing around with the 960, so it's PPD is way down. I did reach out to zodac about the last 3 days of daily breakdowns, but I won't be able to check on the things he needs me to for another couple of hours.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

So, had a major storm roll through with significant flooding in the area, though we weren't effected. Lost internet for a day and a half. Did a clean wipe of windows and did as you suggested @tictoc and it seems to be working CUDA on both GPUS. Going to run overnight to see how it holds up and petition for the change tomorrow. Sorry about the lost points.

I have to say, at the current multiplier rates and current folding, the K5000 is dangerous @+200 core. Looks to be about 23 million PPD with 140 multiplier. Fingers crossed. 

And the 750Ti @40x multi is nothing to sneeze at, still 12 million PPD Stock. 

Current.png

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 2

Glad you didn't wash away in the floods. 🙂

No worries on the downtime.  I know how it goes with mother nature.  You can pretty much count me out for at least a few weeks every winter, since I'll inevitably lose internet and/or power for extended periods of time.  Good to see those GPUs up and running. 🤘

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

Man, that's pretty insane! You'll incinerate me if it holds that ppd. I've had all sorts of trouble on my end testing various drivers etc. Firedfly will probably beat me at stock this month.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Does anyone have any idea how to counter the cards running CUDA on the first WU, then always defaulting to OpenCL after? Even with current drivers? It is really becoming frustrating, I mean the PPD difference is almost double.  

Edited by Avacado

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
3 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Does anyone have any idea how to counter the cards running CUDA on the first WU, then always defaulting to OpenCL after? Even with current drivers? It is really becoming frustrating, I mean the PPD difference is almost double.  

I wish I knew the answer for certain, but is it possibly something you can setup in the nVidia Control  Panel for the client/app?

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
260 384
39 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Can you post a log snippet with the first WU on CUDA and the second on OpenCL?  That may shed some light on the issue.  If not, my only other thought is to post on the folding forum or the folding discord.  Totow has been very helpful addressing issues on the folding discord (#support channel).  https://discord.gg/foldingathome

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, firedfly said:

Can you post a log snippet with the first WU on CUDA and the second on OpenCL?  That may shed some light on the issue.  If not, my only other thought is to post on the folding forum or the folding discord.  Totow has been very helpful addressing issues on the folding discord (#support channel).  https://discord.gg/foldingathome

Sure, try to capture it tonight. 

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

Yeah, that thing's shredding it. Good choice.

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, tictoc said:

I'm guessing you sorted this out.

We are moving right up the ranks thanks to that K5000. :music_rock:

1 hour ago, BWG said:

Yeah, that thing's shredding it. Good choice.

Yup, sorted. 40% OC, she has been hitting 220k PPD on teh larger units. Would like to put her on the AIO when we have down time and take her higher. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 4

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1.1k 983
31 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Yup, sorted. 40% OC, she has been hitting 220k PPD on teh larger units. Would like to put her on the AIO when we have down time and take her higher. 

That one have voltage control or is that all just on stock voltage. What a beast!

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

34 minutes ago, damric said:

That one have voltage control or is that all just on stock voltage. What a beast!

Unlike the K4000, the K5000 does, up to 112%. Crazy part is 40% OC only uses 75% TDP.

• Thanks 1

The K5000's were pretty were intersting GPUs.  It's a full GK104 die, but it's just down-clocked to hit low TDP numbers.  I got to play with a few of them back in 2013.  The lack of dp killed them for our project, but they are pretty boss for this comp. 🙂

Most of the K5000s are good chips, so the OC potential is really high. :eat_cheers: