Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Numba WAN in the world.

Avacado
63 Attachments
Go to solution Solved by Bastiaan_NL,

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

Interesting registration and purchase experience 😱 . I'll probably wake up tomorrow and all of my bank accounts will be empty and learn I now live in 762 different international locations and have 11 different genders.

anyway, at more than half the price of the purchase, their rush shipping (ten days) probably helps keep the international (and illegal) trafficking of elephants down to a minimum...

2022-04-24_21-10-28.thumb.jpg.9e7c47dc26c45ce59eeb60c18cc8d8ad.jpg

8 hours ago, iamjanco said:

Interesting registration and purchase experience 😱 . I'll probably wake up tomorrow and all of my bank accounts will be empty and learn I now live in 762 different international locations and have 11 different genders.

anyway, at more than half the price of the purchase, their rush shipping (ten days) probably helps keep the international (and illegal) trafficking of elephants down to a minimum...

Amazed they actually got back to you. I reached out to them on FB and heard nothing. As far as I knew, that was the only way to order. 

I actually also originally tried the Facebook route, but they never got back to me as well. Then I noted (forget exactly where, but it might have been reddit) that the best new way to attempt to order the kit was to

a) watch for it to show up in stock on their site;

b) order it there after creating an account (interesting experience), then;

c) pay for it using a cc via PayPal. 

The PayPal method was only recently added to their store and payments actually go to:

2022-04-25_08-06-59.jpg.ba974d6c549e1c93d817ebe081720763.jpg

I suspect they're not very web savvy as far as web stores go. That said, I did note that 'Rawee Odvong' is mentioned here and there as the one on the receiving end as far as funds go. 

Very mysterious stuff, what goes on in the darkest corners of SE Asia. The elephants aren't complaining though (It is clear that for the most part, Thai people love and worship elephants; you want to avoid Phucket though, where at least one restaurant advertises meals comprised of elephant meat.).

Edited by iamjanco
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

12 hours ago, iamjanco said:

3 hours ago, Avacado said:

Amazed they actually got back to you. I reached out to them on FB and heard nothing. As far as I knew, that was the only way to order. 

2 hours ago, iamjanco said:

I actually also originally tried the Facebook route, but they never got back to me as well. Then I noted (forget exactly where, but it might have been reddit) that the best new way to attempt to order the kit was to

a) watch for it to show up in stock on their site;

b) order it there after creating an account (interesting experience), then;

c) pay for it using a cc via PayPal. 

The PayPal method was only recently added to their store and payments actually go to:

2022-04-25_08-06-59.jpg.ba974d6c549e1c93d817ebe081720763.jpg

I suspect they're not very web savvy as far as web stores go. That said, I did note that 'Rawee Odvong' is mentioned here and there as the one on the receiving end as far as funds go. 

Very mysterious stuff, what goes on in the darkest corners of SE Asia. The elephants aren't complaining though (It is clear that for the most part, Thai people love and worship elephants; you want to avoid Phucket though, where at least one restaurant advertises meals comprised of elephant meat.).

I just purchased one as well. I had registered on their marketing web site, which was an interesting experience since Google translator was not working well. I checked their website every 24-48 hours and emailed them asking for a notification when stock became available. No email came, but my ritual of checking worked as planned.

I refuse to have any engagement on Facepoot. I do not have an account there. I canceled the account that I had registered about a decade ago using fake information when the irrational "orange man bad" Nazi wokism kicked in. I've never looked back. Life is much  better and I think my IQ has increased now that I have zero interaction with idiots on Facepoot and Twatter.

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I just purchased one as well. I had registered on their marketing web site, which was an interesting experience since Google translator was not working well. I checked their website every 24-48 hours and emailed them asking for a notification when stock became available. No email came, but my ritual of checking worked as planned.

I refuse to have any engagement on Facepoot. I do not have an account there. I canceled the account that I had registered about a decade ago using fake information when the irrational "orange man bad" Nazi wokism kicked in. I've never looked back. Life is much  better and I think my IQ has increased now that I have zero interaction with idiots on Facepoot and Twatter.

I check FB about 4 times a year. I initially created my account to stay in touch with friends and family while deployed or on mission while in the Army. Smart phones and internet weren't everywhere back then. My best friend Mark passed away on my birthday 5 years ago and I still like to check out his page when I miss him from time to time. I also stay in touch with his parents via messenger. It serves a purpose, just not the vanity fake façade that decreased your IQ score until you deleted it. I get where you are coming from and hate it for the same reasons. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 3
  • Respect 1

17 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I check FB about 4 times a year. I initially created my account to stay in touch with friends and family while deployed or on mission while in the Army. Smart phones and internet weren't everywhere back then. My best friend Mark passed away on my birthday 5 years ago and I still like to check out his page when I miss him from time to time. I also stay in touch with his parents via messenger. It serves a purpose, just not the vanity fake façade that decreased your IQ score until you deleted it. I get where you are coming from and hate it for the same reasons. 

My wife is on Facebook and communicates with friends and relatives through it, and most of our adult kids are on it as well. By no means do I believe everyone there is an idiot, I just prefer not to expose myself to the stupidity that is rampant there and on Twitter. In today's woke climate I would end up banned anyhow, because I cannot resist the urge to attack stupidity with a shoot to kill approach. Neither of these venues resembles what they once were, before they became a political disinformation tool for the looney leftists.

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

THA THB < THC

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
OPERATING SYSTEM 2: Debian 12.5 KDE
Full Rig Info

34 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

You know, when you're working with something that you feel could be dodgy, the following sort of thing can help alleviate some of that (got payment confirmation):

supercool-direct-die-2022-04-25.jpg.7fb292a488510bfe9aba593680dd5773.jpg

"Your order will be shipped within...... working days" Glad they cleared that up. 

Edited by Avacado

Got my order confirmation as well. The experience is similar to ordering things directly from the Taiwan Bitspower web site. Back when 6700K was first released I ordered a couple of "Shining Silver" IHS from them to replace the stock IHS on my first couple of delided CPUs and it felt very dodgy.  We buy things  in the Bitspower brand from vendors whose names we recognize all of the time. Back then they were not as well known.

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 24/04/2022 at 14:23, iamjanco said:

More toyz that'll test your 'contentment'

On 24/04/2022 at 14:47, Bastiaan_NL said:

Thanks for sharing! 
I love how they come up with great stuff like this, will try this out for sure 😄

Couldn't wait for German Engineering. I like Thermalright anyway. Have one of their low profile copper heatsinks cooling the NAS and it's fantastic. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Couldn't wait for German Engineering. I like Thermalright anyway. Have one of their low profile copper heatsinks cooling the NAS and it's fantastic. 

When I first saw one I got excited thinking it was a bare die frame. Even after seeing it is an ILM replacement, I almost tried to snag one of them off of AliExpress and then the SuperCool direct die block became available.

And, that frame will be particularly helpful in reducing the amount of caution needed when using liquid metal on top of the IHS. It would effectively eliminate the possibility of accidentally dropping a ball of it down into the socket area around the edge of the CPU PCB. It looks too nice to cover up with a water block.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

When I first saw one I got excited thinking it was a bare die frame. Even after seeing it is an ILM replacement, I almost tried to snag one of them off of AliExpress and then the SuperCool direct die block became available.

And, that frame will be particularly helpful in reducing the amount of caution needed when using liquid metal on top of the IHS. It would effectively eliminate the possibility of accidentally dropping a ball of it down into the socket area around the edge of the CPU PCB. It looks too nice to cover up with a water block.

I just don't see any room for bare die with this gen (Using already owned blocks). The die is so small in height that it doesn't protrude high enough to make contact with a WB past a mounting mechanism. I wager to actually be able to do bare die, you would need to shave the actual socket.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's going to require advanced mounting techniques and won't be for the faint of heart. 

If I ever disassemble the office rig, I would love to see if the NCore V2 block would fit bare die. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

3 hours ago, Avacado said:

I just don't see any room for bare die with this gen (Using already owned blocks). The die is so small in height that it doesn't protrude high enough to make contact with a WB past a mounting mechanism. I wager to actually be able to do bare die, you would need to shave the actual socket.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's going to require advanced mounting techniques and won't be for the faint of heart. 

If I ever disassemble the office rig, I would love to see if the NCore V2 block would fit bare die. 

Have a closer look at the bare die Supercool Computer kits that we (me and @iamjanco) have ordered. Same exact concept as the NCore V2 block. It is held in place by the ILM. This is the product that has been demonstrated in the 12900K Direct Die Cooling vs Copper IHS YouTube video by Frame Chasers.

The only fault I can see with the design is removal of the CPU is inconvenient. If that doesn't need to happen frequently, the inconvenience is a tradeoff for results.

WWW.SUPERCOOLCOMPUTER.COM

Direct Die INTEL GEN12

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

...seems interesting for those who're looking for an intermediate solution re. Alder Lake

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

Considering that two of us have ordered a Supercool Computer Direct Die block for the 12900K, I figured I might as well go ahead and install the one I had and never used for the 10900K. So, now Banshee is running bare die. Before/after posted below. I hope that both of us see similar improvements on 12900K thermals.

HL5vvqC.jpg

image000000.thumb.jpg.e88d373934b48111fb064c21ca280f60.jpg

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Considering that two of us have ordered a Supercool Computer Direct Die block for the 12900K, I figured I might as well go ahead and install the one I had and never used for the 10900K. So, now Banshee is running bare die. Before/after posted below. I hope that both of us see similar improvements on 12900K thermals.

HL5vvqC.jpg

image000000.thumb.jpg.e88d373934b48111fb064c21ca280f60.jpg

You know, it takes a lot to get me excited these days. While Viagra would probably kill me, your posts certainly help :thumbs_thumbup:

• Respect 1

@Mr. Foxyour fittings need more knurl, that is hardly enough to scuff a knuckle on...

• Thanks 1

TDM

Owned

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, ArchStanton said:

@Mr. Foxyour fittings need more knurl, that is hardly enough to scuff a knuckle on...

The fittings with the poison-tipped spikes were out of stock when I ordered them.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 5 weeks later...

image.png.50643742d2b55a81a228473e522ab9c7.png

@The Pook @damric @Avacado
Work to do boys, this is just a teaser (hopefully 😂)
Next step involves a bit more risk... 

• Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

15 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Haxxor. I demand an investigation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

starting to really dislike yall 12th genners 

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
OPERATING SYSTEM 2: Debian 12.5 KDE
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1 hour ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

You guys crushing my M2000? 

I might just have to revisit that soon and try applying some voltage.

I don't know if I can complete with your CPU physics scores though but I'll try 🙂

I'm going to send @PCSarge a care package here soon. I did not have a chance to get it mailed today, but I have some SSDs and cards for him to blow up for team points 😛

• Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned