Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

PC building is female friendly now

Came across this and just thought it was funny. Ram is getting so overly flashy these days. But hey, at least it's gender inclusive now. 😅

WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Buy G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4600 (PC4 36800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-4600C19D-16GTRGE with fast shipping and top-rated customer...

Screenshot 2022-04-06 115245.jpg

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

I liked the specs on Z royals when I was shopping, but went with ripjaws so I wouldn't be paying extra for bling I would be hard pressed to not remove 🤷‍♂️.

• Respect 1

TDM

Owned

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info

ironically RAM is only really male and only really can be, it gets physically INSERTED into the female MOTHERboard slot.......

RAM being flashy doesnt mean much. but you know GSkill has to make up for the SPD chip debacle with its first 3000mhz DDR4 kits that were RGB... i had one....

every time you adjusted the LED color it scrambled the SPD chip to the point cpu Z said a 3000mhz kit was running 7200mhz, which physically isnt possible.

flashy ram is for flashy builds, that gold would fit in with copper tubing in someones steampunkish build.

Edited by PCSarge
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: AMD R7 7800X3D
GPU: AMD RX Sapphire 7800XT Pure
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B650M Project Zero
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 32-38-38 @ 6200mhz
SSD/NVME: Sabrent Rocket NVMe 500GB (Windows)
SSD/NVME 2: WD Black SN850X 4TB (Games)
SSD/NVME 3: Cruicial MX 500 2TB (Programs)
SSD/NVME 4: Crucial MX 300 1TB (Documents/Downloads)
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Xeon 5345 @ 2.3GHZ
CPU 2: Xeon 5345 @ 2.3GHZ
MOTHERBOARD: Intel S5000PSL E-ATX
RAM: 32GB Hynix ECC DDR2 667Mhz
CPU COOLER: 2x Dynatron 2U Heatsinks
SSD/NVME: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Firecuda Compute 2TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Winodws Server 2019 Standard
Full Rig Info

Bruh.....

Picture related, case is over 20 years old:
9a7e44b033b16309c2242ff70e59af5e--computer-case-office-style.jpg.4b0bcdd20cc915f41bfe7d1d7a6f5871.jpg

Or how about this one, that's over 25 years old?
tumblr_o3pfl98qKM1v0jfsto1_1280.jpg.1b33a369c5a5f63c59840bf72c510de4.jpg

Please, keep your weird gender "identities" to yourself.  K, thx.  This isn't the place for that kind of conversation.

Edited by pioneerisloud
  • Respect 4

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

On 07/04/2022 at 04:08, pioneerisloud said:

Bruh.....

Picture related, case is over 20 years old:
9a7e44b033b16309c2242ff70e59af5e--computer-case-office-style.jpg.4b0bcdd20cc915f41bfe7d1d7a6f5871.jpg

Or how about this one, that's over 25 years old?
tumblr_o3pfl98qKM1v0jfsto1_1280.jpg.1b33a369c5a5f63c59840bf72c510de4.jpg

Please, keep your weird gender "identities" to yourself.  K, thx.  This isn't the place for that kind of conversation.

I just filled out an EA Playtest survey, there were 6 options for gender.🤔

51 minutes ago, Diffident said:

there were 6 options for gender.

I confess, this confuses me.  I have no desire to belittle anyone or shoehorn them into some classification they don't feel applies to them, but 6?!?!?  I'll only peak into the can of worms (rather than fully open it) and suggest 3 should be enough.  Male/Female/Other.  Maybe I'm just insensitive and out of touch 🤷‍♂️.  Whatever the case may be, for the time being, I just don't get it.  On the other hand, it wouldn't really cost me anything if they had 20 different options for that particular answer on their survey.  Live and let live I suppose 🙂 (with one small caveat, genetic males participating in contact sports with genetic females without the express consent of all the participating genetic females is not something I support and is of particular importance to me with a 17-year-old daughter at home).

TDM

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, ArchStanton said:

I confess, this confuses me.  I have no desire to belittle anyone or shoehorn them into some classification they don't feel applies to them, but 6?!?!?  I'll only peak into the can of worms (rather than fully open it) and suggest 3 should be enough.  Male/Female/Other.  Maybe I'm just insensitive and out of touch 🤷‍♂️.  Whatever the case may be, for the time being, I just don't get it.  On the other hand, it wouldn't really cost me anything if they had 20 different options for that particular answer on their survey.  Live and let live I suppose 🙂 (with one small caveat, genetic males participating in contact sports with genetic females without the express consent of all the participating genetic females is not something I support and is of particular importance to me with a 17-year-old daughter at home).

Probably stsrting to get into deep water here. This was definitely not the intention of me posting this thread but I'll add my two cents. 

The problem with gender, as in gender roles and not biological gender, is that it's a concept made up by society. Not everyone wants to fit into those boxes and really we shouldn't have any boxes or pre-defined notions of how people are supposed to express gender. Until society stops worrying about these lables and pressuring everyone to fit into a box, this will be an ongoing issue. 

Some people would tell me I'm not a man if I expect my gf to split the bills with me. Too freaking expensive to be worried about that kind of stuff anymore. People who get caught up on this stuff are living in the past. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

6 hours ago, UltraMega said:

Probably stsrting to get into deep water here. This was definitely not the intention of me posting this thread but I'll add my two cents. 

The problem with gender, as in gender roles and not biological gender, is that it's a concept made up by society. Not everyone wants to fit into those boxes and really we shouldn't have any boxes or pre-defined notions of how people are supposed to express gender. Until society stops worrying about these lables and pressuring everyone to fit into a box, this will be an ongoing issue. 

Some people would tell me I'm not a man if I expect my gf to split the bills with me. Too freaking expensive to be worried about that kind of stuff anymore. People who get caught up on this stuff are living in the past. 

No argument from me, and I agree, politics and social issues are probably best discussed in a place intended for such discussion.  Forgive my failure to keep my toes out of that pool.  I will admit that I failed take into account the difference between "gender" (at least as it is now defined) and biological "sex".  I thank you for your patient and understanding clarification of the term. Up until this point in my life, in my head "sex" = "gender".  I will need to train myself to distinguish between the two 🙂👍.

A final thought, I know corporations will continue to ask in surveys, as they want all the "meta data" for their marketing programs they can get, but if I took your meaning correctly, it would best if they did not ask that particular question in a "multiple choice" format.  If there are finite choices, that implies finite boxes to fit oneself in yes?

• Thanks 1

TDM

Owned

Full Rig Info

Only reason I said please keep it away from hardware is simple.......can you imagine trying to buy a USB cable if we start confusing genders in tech?

Person goes to BestBuy:

"Yeah, I need to buy a USB extension cable"

"Okay do you need a male or female end?"
"Well, my cable identifies as a female"
"Okay so you need a female cable then?"
"No, I didn't say that."
"So you need a male cable then?"
"No, it identifies as a female.  What goes with that type?"
"-_-"

I could write paragraphs about how putting "gender inclusive" terms doesn't make any sense in hardware communities.  A stick of RAM doesn't care what clothes you have on, same as I don't care.  Yes, we've had "feminine" and "masculine" cases, LED light colors, and plenty of other "gendered" pieces of equipment over the years.  That's part of the joy of building our own equipment though, right?  Having the option to choose what our gear looks like.  The term "gender inclusive" however, has a very specific meaning from the United Nations.  And I, for one, believe that it has absolutely zero business being used in this type of context.  Social issues?  Fine, go for it.  That's a whole different argument.  Tech issues?  Nah, keep it out please. 🙂 

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, ArchStanton said:

A final thought, I know corporations will continue to ask in surveys, as they want all the "meta data" for their marketing programs they can get, but if I took your meaning correctly, it would best if they did not ask that particular question in a "multiple choice" format.  If there are finite choices, that implies finite boxes to fit oneself in yes?

Idk, ya know on one hand I think in a survey its fine to ask what gender and just list male or female, or maybe add in "other". Maybe surveys should specify "biological gender". On the other hand it's like, who cares. If people who struggle to feel welcome in a two box system want a couple more boxes added, no sweat off my back. Then again I doubt anyone would care about that sort of thing if they didn't feel sort of unwelcome by society in the first place. When I see something like that in a survey I think it's a little silly but probably just an example of people who feel like they don't have an easy place in society trying to win the small battles they can to try to inch their acceptance forward. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Back to the actual ram, I just think it's funny. It makes me think what would a computer part marketed just towards men look like and then I remembered how GPUs used to look. 

gMEv3hHyNDn8GvRtzDGRm5GwCEirTc8=&risl=&p

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

11 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

Back to the actual ram, I just think it's funny. It makes me think what would a computer part marketed just towards men look like and then I remembered how GPUs used to look. 

gMEv3hHyNDn8GvRtzDGRm5GwCEirTc8=&risl=&p

Maybe like this?  🙂 
(I know you said you remembered how they used to look, but mannnnn, I just have to share because ❤️ )

GeForce 6600GT:

6800gt-scan-front-with-cooler.jpg

GeForce 8800GTX:

19d60a5681e5cb59375fdc46bdca500b.jpg

Not going to lie, I do miss how creative companies used to get with their artwork.  Some older GPU's are absolutely gorgeous just because of the artwork they put on there.  I know quite a few actual women gamers that absolutely loved the older artwork too.  I have a friend locally who still has one of those mermaid 6600 cards that she refuses to let go of just because its "purdy".  Kinda why I wanted it too, so whatever I can't argue that point when its the same reason I want it right?  😄 

You know what would be a fun topic?  Just a thread dedicated to "neat" looking parts.  Artwork, pink stuff, purple stuff, UV cold cathodes, blue stuff, red stuff, whatever.  Just objectively and subjectively "pretty" components.

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I could write paragraphs about how putting "gender inclusive" terms doesn't make any sense in hardware communities.  A stick of RAM doesn't care what clothes you have on, same as I don't care.  Yes, we've had "feminine" and "masculine" cases, LED light colors, and plenty of other "gendered" pieces of equipment over the years.  That's part of the joy of building our own equipment though, right?  Having the option to choose what our gear looks like.  The term "gender inclusive" however, has a very specific meaning from the United Nations.  And I, for one, believe that it has absolutely zero business being used in this type of context.  Social issues?  Fine, go for it.  That's a whole different argument.  Tech issues?  Nah, keep it out please. 🙂 

Speaking of which, Master/Slave also comes to mind, e.g., as used in synchronization. As a boomer, and in that context, I see no problem with it. 

Anyway, the weather is starting to get nice and it's just about time to get back to my shack in the woods in Montana. Got to stop at UPS first though and pick up a bunch of shipping supplies.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

Speaking of which, Master/Slave also comes to mind, e.g., as used in synchronization. As a boomer, and in that context, I see no problem with it. 

Anyway, the weather is starting to get nice and it's just about time to get back to my shack in the woods in Montana. Got to stop at UPS first though and pick up a bunch of shipping supplies.

Color is another one and kind of goes hand in hand with the master / slave parts.  Don't forget about those rassis PC parts. :lachen:

(Jokes, jokes seriously, just jokes....... ^_^  Don't ban me 😄)

This next part is more or less for everybody, not pointed at anybody in particular, I'm just talking to talk lol.

Now, on the serious and educational side.....what is language?  What does "gender inclusive" mean?  Language is the form of expressing the physical world around you into words.  Gender is an expression of physical aspects of something be it male or female (in PC parts terms anyway since in people the definition has changed in the last 10 or so years).  Inclusive means "to include everyone", per Webster's dictionary.  Last time I checked, everyone has been included in PC's for many, MANY many years now.

"Gender inclusive" has 2 completely different definitions depending on the context used.  Per the dictionary it means "to include everyone".  Per the U.N. it means "
speaking and writing in a way that does not discriminate against a particular sex, social gender or gender identity, and does not perpetuate gender stereotypes".  PC parts don't care about feelings, nor are they discriminatory against a specific gender.  The term is complete silliness considering we've already been including everyone for 30+ years in these communities.  And that, my friends, is the only reason I said anything to begin with.  Nonsense about feelings doesn't belong with PC parts, and I'd really hate to imagine a world where I have to be worried about offending my USB or HDMI cable. -_- 

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

11 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

Only reason I said please keep it away from hardware is simple.......can you imagine trying to buy a USB cable if we start confusing genders in tech?

Person goes to BestBuy:

"Yeah, I need to buy a USB extension cable"

"Okay do you need a male or female end?"
"Well, my cable identifies as a female"
"Okay so you need a female cable then?"
"No, I didn't say that."
"So you need a male cable then?"
"No, it identifies as a female.  What goes with that type?"
"-_-"

(sigh) U had to go there, Now my Ryzen 2700x says it identifies as a 1800x. I can only imagine it thinks it's going to set some new record..... 🤣

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

Color is another one and kind of goes hand in hand with the master / slave parts.  Don't forget about those rassis PC parts. :lachen:

(Jokes, jokes seriously, just jokes....... ^_^  Don't ban me 😄)

This next part is more or less for everybody, not pointed at anybody in particular, I'm just talking to talk lol.

Now, on the serious and educational side.....what is language?  What does "gender inclusive" mean?  Language is the form of expressing the physical world around you into words.  Gender is an expression of physical aspects of something be it male or female (in PC parts terms anyway since in people the definition has changed in the last 10 or so years).  Inclusive means "to include everyone", per Webster's dictionary.  Last time I checked, everyone has been included in PC's for many, MANY many years now.

"Gender inclusive" has 2 completely different definitions depending on the context used.  Per the dictionary it means "to include everyone".  Per the U.N. it means "
speaking and writing in a way that does not discriminate against a particular sex, social gender or gender identity, and does not perpetuate gender stereotypes".  PC parts don't care about feelings, nor are they discriminatory against a specific gender.  The term is complete silliness considering we've already been including everyone for 30+ years in these communities.  And that, my friends, is the only reason I said anything to begin with.  Nonsense about feelings doesn't belong with PC parts, and I'd really hate to imagine a world where I have to be worried about offending my USB or HDMI cable. -_- 

The important takeaways are that context matters and that we don't need to make mountains out of molehills. Gender in electronic component and cable connectors is derived more from biological sex. The male connector plugs into the female connector.

I don't see anyone coming after electronic connectors because it's a battle that nobody asked for. The concept is based on biology, not social constructs. We don't need to go there, even as a joke, because it's a pointless exercise and not worth entertaining.

However, what I did think of while reading this thread is how the woke police has already tried to target the Spanish language and arbitrarily assign the dumbass inclusive identifier of Latinx, while 95+% of native Spanish speakers think it's 1) effing stupid, 2) incongruent with the entire Spanish language, 3) not a privileged English speaker's business, and 4) just a woke version of colonialism, the exact thing these "inclusive" woke people claim to abhor but it's okay when they do it because they have their heads too far up their asses to recognize the hypocrisy.

Also, as far as master/slave (although less to do with "slave"), that also comes up with the naming of bedrooms when you go house shopping now, especially new construction. It's now an owner's suite instead of a master bedroom. It's not a big deal to make that adjustment though. While I'd imagine most people probably don't think of "master" like that colloquially in reference to a master bedroom, the change makes sense and no normal person is going to be upset by the change.

The point is that context matters as does the history and origin of our existing naming conventions. If they are problematic, by all means, change what needs to be changed in order to create a better experience for those who may be disenfranchised. But don't just change things for sake of feeling progressive while you inconvenience everyone but yourself, and to top it off, you don't even directly benefit from the change. That's what I see a good chunk of the efforts to alter language has amounted to thus far. All feelings and no logic nor context.

Circling all the way back to the Trident Z Royal, I don't think that it necessarily appeals to women. It's kind of tacky, especially the version with the gold heatspreaders. I think it appeals more to nuts who are into healing crystals.

• Thanks 4

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: 64 GB (2x32 GB) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: 1 TB WD_BLACK SN850X PCIe 4.0 NVMe
SSD/NVME 2: 2 TB WD_BLACK SN770 PCIe 4.0 NVMe
MONITOR: 38" LG UltraGear 38GN950-B 3840x1600 144 Hz
MONITOR 2: 55" Samsung Neo QLED QN85A 4K 120 Hz 4:4:4
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X300M-STM
RAM: 16 GB (2x8 GB) ADATA DDR4-3200 CL22
SSD/NVME: 500 GB Gigabyte Gen3 2500E PCIe 3.0 NVMe
SSD/NVME 2: 3.84 TB Samsung PM863a Enterprise SATA 6 Gbps
CASE: ASRock DeskMini X300W
CPU COOLER: Thermalright AXP90-X36
CPU COOLER 2: [Fan] Noctua NF-A9x14 92mm PWM 2.52 W
Full Rig Info

14 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

Maybe like this?  🙂 
(I know you said you remembered how they used to look, but mannnnn, I just have to share because ❤️ )

GeForce 6600GT:

6800gt-scan-front-with-cooler.jpg

GeForce 8800GTX:

19d60a5681e5cb59375fdc46bdca500b.jpg

Not going to lie, I do miss how creative companies used to get with their artwork.  Some older GPU's are absolutely gorgeous just because of the artwork they put on there.  I know quite a few actual women gamers that absolutely loved the older artwork too.  I have a friend locally who still has one of those mermaid 6600 cards that she refuses to let go of just because its "purdy".  Kinda why I wanted it too, so whatever I can't argue that point when its the same reason I want it right?  😄 

You know what would be a fun topic?  Just a thread dedicated to "neat" looking parts.  Artwork, pink stuff, purple stuff, UV cold cathodes, blue stuff, red stuff, whatever.  Just objectively and subjectively "pretty" components.

I miss these and the cool box art that went with them. I find PC parts these days can be very bland boring and generic. 

• Thanks 2

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X @ 4.65GHz (1T)/ 4.4GHZ (16T)
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro-Wifi
RAM: Avexir Core 2 3600MHz 18-20-20-38 1T C-Die
GPU: MSI Vega 64 Wave. (Vega 64 LC) 1770/1150
PSU: CoolerMaster V1300 Platinum
SSD/NVME: Muskin Pilot-E 1TB PCI-E 3.0
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
SSD/NVME 3: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Full Rig Info

OK, I took the thread titles for what it was, a joke, but does sort of invite that type of talk. 😉

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

5 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

(sigh) U had to go there, Now my Ryzen 2700x says it identifies as a 1800x. I can only imagine it thinks it's going to set some new record..... 🤣

That's okay, the Ryzen 5 4500 identifies as a bougie cripple.

• Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X300M-STM
RAM: 16 GB (2x8 GB) ADATA DDR4-3200 CL22
SSD/NVME: 500 GB Gigabyte Gen3 2500E PCIe 3.0 NVMe
SSD/NVME 2: 3.84 TB Samsung PM863a Enterprise SATA 6 Gbps
CASE: ASRock DeskMini X300W
CPU COOLER: Thermalright AXP90-X36
CPU COOLER 2: [Fan] Noctua NF-A9x14 92mm PWM 2.52 W
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead

Michele has the same RAM in silver and she's been building PCs since before many of you were born, just sayin'

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

This thread is going in the wrong direction. I can certainly say that the Royal series does not appeal to me and does look somewhat feminine.  To assume because of that fact it only appeals to female PC enthusiasts is far from correct. Many people like that "Ice" look or Purple builds for that matter. The point is, as we age, we get to witness societal norms change and we have to accept that. This is why there are generations. Whatever were held beliefs during the time period YOU learned something to be "normal" ALWAYS changes. There is nothing wrong with holding true to your own beliefs or having opinions that were accepted at the time. Do I have my own opinion about this topic, yes. Should I share it here, no. Or at least not in this thread.  

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Avacado said:

This thread is going in the wrong direction. I can certainly say that the Royal series does not appeal to me and does look somewhat feminine.  To assume because of that fact it only appeals to female PC enthusiasts is far from correct. Many people like that "Ice" look or Purple builds for that matter. The point is, as we age, we get to witness societal norms change and we have to accept that. This is why there are generations. Whatever were held beliefs during the time period YOU learned something to be "normal" ALWAYS changes. There is nothing wrong with holding true to your own beliefs or having opinions that were accepted at the time. Do I have my own opinion about this topic, yes. Should I share it here, no. Or at least not in this thread.  

Yea I agree, it's time to close this thread as this is just not the place for this kind of discussion.

I definitely have no issue with computer stuff marketed towards women. Really this just stood out to me because it looks so tacky (IMO), like a very low tier attempt to market to women, but then again there are a lot of tacky looking parts out there in general. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, UltraMega said:

Yea I agree, it's time to close this thread as this is just not the place for this kind of discussion.

I definitely have no issue with computer stuff marketed towards women. Really this just stood out to me because it looks so tacky (IMO), like a very low tier attempt to market to women, but then again there are a lot of tacky looking parts out there in general. 

Let's stop with the dubious assumption that the Trident Z Royal is marketed towards women. If that wasn't brought up in the first place, no sociological discussion would have happened in this thread. I joked about healing crystal fanatics earlier, but anybody can have an affinity for rocks.

If I was making a geode-themed PC build, I would consider this RAM with silver chrome heatspreaders. However, I personally care more about my internal hardware's performance than its looks, so I wouldn't go for it because it'll get swapped out in time anyway. The only lasting component in any build of mine is the case, as evidenced by my 26-year-old ATX case that has housed five different motherboards over that time.

That doesn't mean the Trident Z Royal doesn't fill a niche, but it's not women.

IRONSIDECOMPUTERS.COM

The vivid purple crystals in this one of a kind custom computer shine brightly. Only one was made, and it's found a good home. Check it out...

Edited by Snakecharmed
  • Respect 2

Owned

Full Rig Info