Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

2022 Team Cup!

Avacado
104 Attachments

You guys are doing well so far!
Top 10 and still in contention, that's how you do it.

For being in your first comp you guys have nothing to be ashamed of with what you've been able to do up until now.

With that, I'm about to.....
Well, who knows what I'll be doing later - Even I can't entirely predict that. 😁

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 3

7 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

The iGPU DDR3 run has been done too, which puts us back into 6th place (for now).
We're only 37 points away from 4th place, and if we beat a specific run from them it'll take even less points.

I'm far from experienced with the hardware below, thanks to @pioneerisloud I know a thing or two but it hasn't been easy to get this working properly.
The result is 'ok', not really what I was hoping for but it'll do 🙂

There might be more, but that's for another day. I'll try with different memory and with only 4 cores enabled instead of 6. 

HWBOT.ORG

The Radeon HD 4290 @ 1111/800MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark06 benchmark. Bastiaan_NLranks #null worldwide and #28 in the hardware class. Find out more at HWBOT.

632699976_system1.thumb.jpg.741e289de4d4ad2c59be4ec0c975bd4c.jpg

CPU-NB clocks, get those up higher.  2.8-3.0GHz should be easy at 1.45v CPU-NB.  You're under water, maybe you can get by with more.  The more the better, but I'd expect around 3GHz.  CPU-NB was the key for Phenom II back in the day, it was almost as important as CPU clocks IIRC.  I mean it was for daily use / gaming rigs, I'd assume it'd be the same on benching.

2 hours ago, Bones said:

You guys are doing well so far!
Top 10 and still in contention, that's how you do it.

For being in your first comp you guys have nothing to be ashamed of with what you've been able to do up until now.

With that, I'm about to.....
Well, who knows what I'll be doing later - Even I can't entirely predict that. 😁

I know what you're about to do.......  Well, not really.  You're going to show me up on my old school knowledge, I know that much.  :lachen: A little friendly competition isn't gonna hurt anything.  I wish you nothing but luck, and its awesome that you've been chiming in and helping us anyway. 🙂  

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

I pulled out the DFI NF4-SLI-DR and put the OCZ Platinum DDR400 in the yellow slots with the single core Athlon 3500+ ready to boot up and make some scores until others are able to beat it.

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 3

Too much $

Owned

CPU: 5800X
MOTHERBOARD: MEG X570 UNIFY
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
PSU: Corsair RM850x / LIan Li Lancool ii Mesh Performance
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3600 F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Win Boot Drive
SSD/NVME 2: WD Black SN850 2TB Steam Storage Drive
CPU COOLER: Notua NH-D215 Chromax Black
Full Rig Info

8 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

I know what you're about to do.......  Well, not really.  You're going to show me up on my old school knowledge, I know that much.  :lachen: A little friendly competition isn't gonna hurt anything.  I wish you nothing but luck, and its awesome that you've been chiming in and helping us anyway. 🙂  

I just want you guys to know you have the same chance as anyone else to do well.

Of course I can't give away any "Secrets" I may have but nothing wrong with just telling the truth of it either.
You guys really do have a shot at doing well and earning some respect too.

TBH it's kinda doubtful I'll be able to participate due to a few "Things" thats happened over the past few weeks - All that is gonna cost me. Some of it is out of the way but still have alot left to go through yet.
Biggest thing is the roof is leaking and I have to come up with a few thousand to get that done with insurance covering the rest and that's just to fix the leaks, not to repair the damage the leaks did. Already bought tags for the vehicles, fixed some of the old pick 'em up's problems but still have to finish rebuilding the front end and aligning it once done, property taxes due this month and that's not including doctor related stuff, including a procedure to be done later this month too. 

Hasn't been a good past month or so but I'm still here, far better off than many others and I'm thankful for that at least. 🙏

Edited by Bones
  • Respect 4

21 minutes ago, Bones said:

I just want you guys to know you have the same chance as anyone else to do well.

Of course I can't give away any "Secrets" I may have but nothing wrong with just telling the truth of it either.

TBH it's kinda doubtful I'll be able to participate due to a few "Things" thats happened over the past few weeks - All that is gonna cost me. Some of it is out of the way but still have alot left to go through yet.
Biggest thing is the roof is leaking and I have to come up with a few thousand to get that done with insurance covering the rest and that's just to fix the leaks, not to repair the damage the leaks did. Already bought tags for the vehicles, fixed some of the old pick 'em up's problems but still have to finish rebuilding the front end and aligning it once done, property taxes due this month and that's not including doctor related stuff, including a procedure to be done later this month too. 

Hasn't been a good past month or so but I'm still here, far better off than many others and I'm thankful for that at least. 🙏

All good Bones. We appreciate you stopping in and giving words of encouragement. We like to compete, but by no means are into doing anything sub-ambient yet. That alone prevents us from the top three as we just can't compete with those scores. With that said, we are open and we have all learned a lot and grown as an overclocking community. Mass participation and finishing top 5 was my goal when we set out for this cup. I think the participation part has gone well and as you stated, we are in contention for the top 5. I personally find it lame that some teams block their forums and eject members from their discord during these events, but I do understand. My competitive nature will never supersede my desire to grow the community here. Not having ALL the tech to post at least one sub in each round and lack of time is killing us (And my bank account). I am very happy with how everyone came together and I know we will finish strong. @Bastiaan_NL will be on LN2 next year anyway 🤣 

I think we have done superbly for the amount of members active: 17. 10 of which are novice and below. 

If you look at each of the teams above us, it paints a picture of the mountain we have to climb.

OCN- 91

Wegg - 46

W9 - 27

NEIR - 23

THR - 32

MLG - 31

EHW - 17

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 2
  • Respect 3

Honestly this has been a lot of fun, and my first time playing on HWBot. I really think we did a fantastic job for our first outing, and I look forward to more.

I'm still tinkering with my RAM to see if I can get us a better 12-core score on the AMD DDR4 comp. We'll see.

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 3

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

5 hours ago, Bones said:

We only have a good chance because we're all helping out. 🙂 Teamwork was important in this competition, and we definitely seem to have that down pretty well here.

Sorry to hear about all the things you're going through mate.  Things will get better.  Sounds like you've got most of the important expensive bits handled so far.  Not going to lie, I was kind of hoping to see you run some of your gear, but at the same time was dreading it too because it'd knock us down. :lachen: But it'd just make me want to try to improve my own subs too anyway, so whatever.  I'm definitely limited by my cooling capacities, so it is what it is.  Nothing wrong with keeping some of your "secrets" to yourself, you're here, and you're helping us out where you can.  You still hold several #1 spots, so your advice is definitely appreciated.  

Take care of the things you need to first.  HWbot will always be there, but sounds like you need to focus your attention elsewhere.  Definitely keep yourself in good health, so go handle your doctor related stuff.  If you do happen to get some runs in, it'll be an honor to compete against you.  If you don't, there's always the next competition for you to kick my butt in.  I figure since you helped with my old boards, its only fitting......I'm going to TRY to bust out that A8N32 again to see if its capable.  I know I've got a good clocking x2 for it, I just need to figure out what the problem was last time I had it out.  I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't want to use it. *shrugs

2 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

Honestly this has been a lot of fun, and my first time playing on HWBot. I really think we did a fantastic job for our first outing, and I look forward to more.

I'm still tinkering with my RAM to see if I can get us a better 12-core score on the AMD DDR4 comp. We'll see.

Short of one, ONE CPUz submission years and years ago, and one DICE run using somebody else's name on hwbot (may he R.I.P.), this is my first REAL run with hwbot too.  The DICE run, he was using my equipment for the run because he didn't have Skt 939 equipment, and I wasn't doing any competing for hwbot at the time.  So brought it over and we had some fun with it.  Good times. 🙂 

Yeah I gave up on my 5800x.  I can't for the life of me figure out the RAM stuff on it.  I'm scoring less in Cinebench right now than a 3800x does.

• Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Sorry @pioneerisloud... 😄
image.png.e5a476889dc733a232f9a339958f4b73.png

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

5 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

We only have a good chance because we're all helping out. 🙂 Teamwork was important in this competition, and we definitely seem to have that down pretty well here.

Sorry to hear about all the things you're going through mate.  Things will get better.  Sounds like you've got most of the important expensive bits handled so far.  Not going to lie, I was kind of hoping to see you run some of your gear, but at the same time was dreading it too because it'd knock us down. :lachen: But it'd just make me want to try to improve my own subs too anyway, so whatever.  I'm definitely limited by my cooling capacities, so it is what it is.  Nothing wrong with keeping some of your "secrets" to yourself, you're here, and you're helping us out where you can.  You still hold several #1 spots, so your advice is definitely appreciated.  

Take care of the things you need to first.  HWbot will always be there, but sounds like you need to focus your attention elsewhere.  Definitely keep yourself in good health, so go handle your doctor related stuff.  If you do happen to get some runs in, it'll be an honor to compete against you.  If you don't, there's always the next competition for you to kick my butt in.  I figure since you helped with my old boards, its only fitting......I'm going to TRY to bust out that A8N32 again to see if its capable.  I know I've got a good clocking x2 for it, I just need to figure out what the problem was last time I had it out.  I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't want to use it. *shrugs

Short of one, ONE CPUz submission years and years ago, and one DICE run using somebody else's name on hwbot (may he R.I.P.), this is my first REAL run with hwbot too.  The DICE run, he was using my equipment for the run because he didn't have Skt 939 equipment, and I wasn't doing any competing for hwbot at the time.  So brought it over and we had some fun with it.  Good times. 🙂 

Yeah I gave up on my 5800x.  I can't for the life of me figure out the RAM stuff on it.  I'm scoring less in Cinebench right now than a 3800x does.

Yeah once I started tuning the RAM more, like messing with primary timings after I got my best run in today, scores just got substantially worse. Not sure what's up with that.

• Respect 1

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

9 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

That's the most important thing of it.
If it's isn't fun it's not worth doing.

Keep it real and keep it fun - I'm not aware of any hobby being done because someone didn't like doing it.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Sorry @pioneerisloud... 😄
image.png.e5a476889dc733a232f9a339958f4b73.png

Hey, I'm only about ~300 points behind you at what was it 4.7 all core?  4.65?  Either way, seems like mine is NOT performing that badly afterall at least! 🙂 Glad you got a better run than I did.  That just means we're doing something right....moar free internet points! :wheee:

6 minutes ago, Bones said:

That's the most important thing of it.
If it's isn't fun it's not worth doing.

Keep it real and keep it fun - I'm not aware of any hobby being done because someone didn't like doing it.

Exactly.  I've been having a BLAST doing these runs.  As I said earlier, "technically" my first time actually competitively benching (for hwbot).  Keeping it fun and not an ACTUAL competition where feelings can get hurt is what its all about.  We score whatever we score, and we had fun doing it. 🙂  

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

Full Rig Info

10 minutes ago, pioneerisloud said:

Exactly.  I've been having a BLAST doing these runs.  As I said earlier, "technically" my first time actually competitively benching (for hwbot).  Keeping it fun and not an ACTUAL competition where feelings can get hurt is what its all about.  We score whatever we score, and we had fun doing it. 🙂  

That's it - As long as it's enjoyable to do it's all good.

I don't really care if any of my runs goes down, all that means is I have motivation to do it again.
UnityofSaints can attest to that about me after we had our see-saw battle with our 8320's and 720BE chips - Lots of smack talk and Mhz acheived for good measure. 😁

• Respect 1

4 hours ago, pioneerisloud said:

Hey, I'm only about ~300 points behind you at what was it 4.7 all core?  4.65?  Either way, seems like mine is NOT performing that badly afterall at least! 🙂 Glad you got a better run than I did.  That just means we're doing something right....moar free internet points! :wheee:

It's an interesting benchmark, I had a 8120 ish first run on 4848mhz without any drop in frequency. It took a lot of effort to gain some points, and everyone is pretty close in the standings (besides the 1 LN2 guy ahead of me..)

Glad you are having fun with the comp, that's what matters the most!
I've got to say that there are moments when I hate what we are doing, when stuff fails to work etc. But when you finally see some results, that's when I'm in the zone 😄

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

6 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

It's an interesting benchmark, I had a 8120 ish first run on 4848mhz without any drop in frequency. It took a lot of effort to gain some points, and everyone is pretty close in the standings (besides the 1 LN2 guy ahead of me..)

Glad you are having fun with the comp, that's what matters the most!
I've got to say that there are moments when I hate what we are doing, when stuff fails to work etc. But when you finally see some results, that's when I'm in the zone 😄

How are you pushing All Core so high? I hit thermal limits with voltage at 4.675GHz on my 5900X under water. Anymore was causing it to crash from being too hot. Perhaps just the extra 4 cores makes the difference?

I thought about seeing if you can do per CCD all core OCing. I think I can push the first CCD higher as the second CCD is worse.

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

My loop temperature is really low, windows open helps a lot and it's about 10°C here at night. 
The extra 4 cores is not going to help, and lowering the Curve helped a lot too.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

Finally started moving ahead; running Blitz Part II through what needs it at the moment, including 30 feet of new Tygon. Once I'm done with that, I'll run distilled a few times though that loop, then rebuild the bench and test the 2080ti on air to make sure it'll work. If that goes well, I'll add the block to the 2080ti, get it up and running, then start to the runs for the competition.

partii-opt-20221004_192916.thumb.jpg.4106149109da6068a06ebda809dc4b52.jpg

partii-opt-20221004_192747.thumb.jpg.0dfee223229a5379a2be65b351aa28f8.jpg

Edited by iamjanco
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

18 minutes ago, iamjanco said:

Finally started moving ahead; running Blitz Part II through what needs it at the moment, include 30 feet of new Tygon. Once I'm done with that, I'll run distilled a few times though that loop, then rebuild the bench and test the 2080ti on air to make sure it'll work. If that goes well, I'll add the block to the 2080ti, get it up and running, then start to the runs for the competition.

Yea.... I need to see this in person.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, iamjanco said:

Finally started moving ahead; running Blitz Part II through what needs it at the moment, include 30 feet of new Tygon. Once I'm done with that, I'll run distilled a few times though that loop, then rebuild the bench and test the 2080ti on air to make sure it'll work. If that goes well, I'll add the block to the 2080ti, get it up and running, then start to the runs for the competition.

I love that back drop.  Makes me think I should put up a bunch of my old mobo's like the DFI Expert, Venus, GPU's and dead PSU's etc etc On the Game Room Wall.  I Like it 🙂

Edited by N2 Gaming
  • Thanks 1

Too much $

Owned

Full Rig Info

Are those unopened 1080 Ti's? Yeah I wanna see this in person too. 😍

• Thanks 1

Showcase

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
4 hours ago, Sir Beregond said:

Are those unopened 1080 Ti's? Yeah I wanna see this in person too. 😍

Yup, still wrapped in the rubbers they came in. 

Just started second rinse after the Blitzkrieg. I'll do at least one more after this. 

partii-2nd-rinse-opt-20221005_171825.thumb.jpg.3bafcaee951895ad1ee36330bb5e66df.jpg

Edited by iamjanco

Looking at all the scores we posted up so far shows we have some areas not being filled out.

1x entries: HWBOT Team CUP 2022 - IGPU - 3DMark03

2x entries: HWBOT Team CUP 2022 - IGPU - 3DMark - Wild Life Extreme

2x of 4x entries: HWBOT Team CUP 2022 - IGPU - 3DMark06

I think I see part of the problem.  Some of these benchmarks are not free or even free to try from what I can see.  For example I went to download the 3DMark Wild Life Extreme but it looks like you can only get it bundled in a bench marking suit for $30.00 😕

Think I can run the IGPU entries on a Foxconn Destroyer DDR2 and MSI NF980-G65 DDR3.

Free 3DMark legacy bench mark downloads.

Edited by N2 Gaming

Too much $

Owned

Full Rig Info

3 minutes ago, N2 Gaming said:

Looking at all the scores we posted up so far shows we have some areas not being filled out.

I think I see part of the problem.  Some of these benchmarks are not free or even free to try from what I can see.  For example I went to download the 3DMark Wild Life Extreme but it looks like you can only get it bundled in a bench marking suit for $30.00 😕

IIRC @ENTERPRISEaddressed this issue. Maybe he can comment. We are acutely aware of the lacking iGPU subs. They require very specific desktop boards or laptops. I happen to own 0 laptops.

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, N2 Gaming said:

I think I see part of the problem.  Some of these benchmarks are not free or even free to try from what I can see.  For example I went to download the 3DMark Wild Life Extreme but it looks like you can only get it bundles in a bench marking suit for $30.00 😕

3DMark03: $0, Key: N4LWE-T6HUX-8U4JB-28YLV

3DMark06: $0, Key: 3DM06-YKL9-C7R6-73WW-AAPA-VHKW

3DMark: $5.69 

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 4

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000